Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
US market really got screwed, no 2 tone paint or those bronze wheels. The reviews in UK of the Pebble Gray S-Line and the bronze wheels look beautiful.
It works both ways because the US market gets reversing camera's as standard, cheaper prices and a panoramic roof as standard. I assume you meant 2 tone look as the black/manhattan grey (or silver trim) parts are plastic on the Sport, S Line and Vorsprung Trim. The Edition 1 is basically the colour coded bumpers and door sills as in the US spec.

We also do not get to choose those bronze alloys in the UK configurator. We get the same style only platinum silver, which do not look as good.

Normally I much prefer the colour coded parts but with the Q4 I think the conrasting look is far more sporty.

·
Registered
43 Posts
re: Heat Pump in USA

I asked my dealer, who asked his rep at Audi USA.

N/A on Q4 40, standard on Q4 50 and Sportback.

Makes sense, IMHO, that those that would want Quattro would also be in colder climates. Thus, it looks the current order guide does not (yet) delineate all the differences.
Don't suppose your dealer knows about the adaptive dampers?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks What dealership are you using? I'm using Minneapolis Audi. Looking at Pebble Gray (was hoping we would get Geyser Blue :( )
Just received confirmation from my dealer that Quattro models 50 Prestige and Premium plus will get heat pump in USA
Does anyone know what "Audi phone box light" means as mentioned in the configurator?

·
Registered
Q4 50 Vorsprung - BW 37 CW 49
57 Posts
Just received confirmation from my dealer that Quattro models 50 Prestige and Premium plus will get heat pump in USA
Does anyone know what "Audi phone box light" means as mentioned in the configurator?
If I was to hazard a guess, something similar to the Audi Smartphone Interface option we have in the UK which has been forced on orders that used to have the full Audi Phone Box feature.
The full Audi Phone Box feature has wireless charging and the ability to connect 2 phones simultaneously, however the Audi Smartphone Interface does not have wireless charging and only allows 1 phone to be connected.

So my best guess would be that the "Phone Box light" option in the US is similar to the Smartphone Interface option here and you could be left without wireless phone charging or the ability to connect 2 phones.... just a pure guess though based on all the issues they've had with chips and wireless charging being a big factor in that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pleased it has HUD in US, but shocked it lacks 360 camera, I think in reality for me at least 360 camera is more valuable. I would love to understand the logic that goes into what colors/features they select for a given market. In US I am sure some of it is the "status" vs. what is in it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pleased it has HUD in US, but shocked it lacks 360 camera, I think in reality for me at least 360 camera is more valuable. I would love to understand the logic that goes into what colors/features they select for a given market. In US I am sure some of it is the "status" vs. what is in it.
The 360 camera is affected by the chip shortage in all markets. It was originally on the US online configurator as an option, as was Homelink, but then removed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Excited to see the order guide ... dealers should be able to submit orders soon. Is the S-Line pack worth it? I leaning to the Pebble Grey and prefer the silver grill over the black but wonder if the comfort of the sports seats are worth it. I'd rather have the 19" wheels as well for efficiency and comfort overall.
So, can you go with the s line and get the black trim on lower rocker panels and wheel wells?

·
Premium Member
2014 R8 V10 Cabriolet, 2015 RS7
190 Posts
This stripping of features in order to produce and ship a car at some unknown time in the future is, I suppose, understandable. My GT just began production, and my fingers are crossed that nothing has been stripped due to chip shortages. But I’ll be getting my Q4 deposit back. Lack of color and interior choices, and removal of features, are not something I’ll settle for in a 60k car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So, can you go with the s line and get the black trim on lower rocker panels and wheel wells?
Does not look like it can be. Honesty I have not put a deposit down and will likely stick with my XC40 Recharge as well as the C40 I have on order. They are at least more feature complete, lacking on HUD. If Audi were to offer the Typhoon Gray, bronze wheels, 360 camera and Homelink (with blacked out trim pieces) I would gladly put a deposit down, otherwise I wait and see.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does not look like it can be. Honesty I have not put a deposit down and will likely stick with my XC40 Recharge as well as the C40 I have on order. They are at least more feature complete, lacking on HUD. If Audi were to offer the Typhoon Gray, bronze wheels, 360 camera and Homelink (with blacked out trim pieces) I would gladly put a deposit down, otherwise I wait and see.
Audi certainly can’t make much of a dent in the EV market if they “hold back” on the Euro offerings.
Ive decided to ditch the S line package and will do a vehicle wrap to mirror the images I’m seeing
in Germany. Just beautiful! Trim all around!

·
Registered
1 Posts
****, I can't believe they really pulled homelink and 360 camera even on the top end config. I'm kinda stuck though, because if I don't buy a new EV I lose HOV lane access on 1/1 and life's too short to give that up. Since no other EV seems to be worth buying under $100k, I guess I'll just live with opening my garage door using a remote like it's 1990 again.
Dude homelink is so 2010, get an alexa/google/apple enable garage door opener...plus its on your phone and you don't have to be in range, have your door fully open before you even see your house!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts