Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dude homelink is so 2010, get an alexa/google/apple enable garage door opener...plus its on your phone and you don't have to be in range, have your door fully open before you even see your house!
considering such things but don't really want access control to my house to become part of the internet of crap. Would need to find something that only talks to HomeKit and doesn't use any external services and haven't had time to research yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a couple of Liftmaster openers using MyQ app. and it works well. You can configure the app to send notifications each time the garage door opens or closes. I haven’t tried using the app with Apple Car Play but will try it on my Subaru and report back. It is the wired Car Play but the wireless Car Play in the Q4 should behave the same. Still waiting for ordering to open up here in the US. Cheers!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anybody else noticed that the Homelink rear view mirror is now an accessory on the ID.4 in the USA? Considering that the Q4 likely uses the identical unit it would seem plausible that Audi USA would also offer the accessory or it could be an easy retrofit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes. VW doesn't offer a Homelink mirror in the US for the Golf R and many have added the mirror. Easy mod with no additional wiring required. I have couple of wireless Liftmaster openers and am going to see if I can add the App to CarPlay and use it from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a couple of Liftmaster openers using MyQ app. and it works well. You can configure the app to send notifications each time the garage door opens or closes. I haven’t tried using the app with Apple Car Play but will try it on my Subaru and report back. It is the wired Car Play but the wireless Car Play in the Q4 should behave the same. Still waiting for ordering to open up here in the US. Cheers!
I have a Liftmaster opener with the MyQ hub that talks to my Apple HomeKit hub (my AppleTV). It is well integrated into CarPlay, so you can open and close the garage door from the CarPlay home screen. I use this in my VW e-Golf, so I imagine it will work fine in the Q4 e-tron.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ditto.

Also originally wanted Geyser, but my wife saw the Navarro Blue in person on a Q3 or 5 so she wants that now.
Another Minnesotan here, who is very interested in the Q4 e-tron. I own a VW e-Golf. To you and other MN residents, any insight on which dealer will get the Q4 first? I've been speaking with Audi Richfield. It seems that they have no information at all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Another Minnesotan here, who is very interested in the Q4 e-tron. I own a VW e-Golf. To you and other MN residents, any insight on which dealer will get the Q4 first? I've been speaking with Audi Richfield. It seems that they have no information at all.
Audi Minneapolis is the largest dealer. Ask for Tony Sivongxay. He has been pretty informative for me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think that’s par for the course nationwide right now. I’m working with Audi Minneapolis since they are the closest, and so far it’s been a good experience, but the last I heard from them was:

1) They are expecting a very small number of cars at some point late this year and one will become their demo. At the last conversation, they did not even know what they would be receiving in terms of quantity, trim levels or colors in this initial set. They’re gonna get whatever Audi sends. This jives with other reports that there will only be something like 400 delivered to dealers nationwide in 2021.

2) I’m supposedly close to the top of their “list” but they won’t take, nor want, a deposit until they can actually order a Q4 for me, presuming I don‘t match with one of the initial cars. Fair enough, but in the interim we’re hanging here in limbo. Since we’re pretty specific with the color and trim level, I’m assuming we’ll end up with an order unless we’re exceptionally lucky. I’m not expecting a car before summer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just received word from my dealer that the Q4 e-tron will not be landing in the USA until March or later I think what was meant was initial dealer allotment. I do not interpret it to mean individual customer orders

41 - 49 of 49 Posts