Audi e-tron Forum banner

Q4 e-tron US Order Guide

23K views 51 replies 22 participants last post by  todcp 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just got the official order guide from my local dealer (which I attached). I know there is an online configurator for the US now but the order guide shows the details in a better format.

BTW, I did ask any news on availability and he said "NO".

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
****, I can't believe they really pulled homelink and 360 camera even on the top end config. I'm kinda stuck though, because if I don't buy a new EV I lose HOV lane access on 1/1 and life's too short to give that up. Since no other EV seems to be worth buying under $100k, I guess I'll just live with opening my garage door using a remote like it's 1990 again.

#4 ·
****, I can't believe they really pulled homelink and 360 camera even on the top end config.
It's ridiculous how much they've pared it down vs. what was officered in Europe. I know there are component shortages, but why restrict the color choices? Interior choices? The quilted interiors offered in Europe would go a long way to offset all the less premium looking plastic. Why do I have to get black optics just to get sport seats? Why no dynamic dampers? I'd place an order with these options even if that meant a delayed delivery, but not even allowing the options is really shooting themselves in the foot, IMO.

#8 ·
I'd planned to change to an EV next year and the Q4 was going to be my choice, but the lack of a top-down camera option is definitely a deal-breaker. When I built one online a few days ago, it was a $500 option, but now it's gone. I would have opted for the Homelink mirror too, but I could live without it. Also surprised and disappointed by the dismal choice of colors, I'd loved to have that lighter blue you see on European models. Maybe I'll hold off and see how the 3rd-generation X1 looks. Although I've owned an Audi before (2010 A3) and liked it, I'm generally a BMW guy, but the direction BMW is going with its designs and UI's has me concerned.

#9 ·
Excited to see the order guide ... dealers should be able to submit orders soon. Is the S-Line pack worth it? I leaning to the Pebble Grey and prefer the silver grill over the black but wonder if the comfort of the sports seats are worth it. I'd rather have the 19" wheels as well for efficiency and comfort overall.

#10 ·
Yeah I'm buying pebble grey because I honestly don't like any of the colors and I'm sure as heck not going to pay for a color I don't like.

As for the S-Line pack… the seats are why I'm getting it. I will never buy another car without adjustable thigh support.

I don't care about the black trim or special bumpers, and I actively do not want the 20" wheels so hopefully I can trade those off for stock smaller wheels + cash to someone who cares more about looks than ride quality and range…

#14 ·
re: Heat Pump in USA

I asked my dealer, who asked his rep at Audi USA.

N/A on Q4 40, standard on Q4 50 and Sportback.

Makes sense, IMHO, that those that would want Quattro would also be in colder climates. Thus, it looks the current order guide does not (yet) delineate all the differences.
So I can understand correctly that your dealer spoke with rep at Audi USA and the Q4 50 e-tron (Quattro) should have the heat pump either as an option or as standard even though it is not listed in the current order guide?
I really hope so coming from cold Minnesota

#18 ·
It amazes me how on high end car Homelink is not there. I was very impressed with my XC40 Recharge which has heat pump, Homelink, 350 camera, memory seats, panoramic rough with shade and basically same price as the Q40 50 S-Line.
Homelink normally would be included I'm sure, at least in the US. I believe they took that out of the normal e-tron for new orders right now too, and I know it used to be included. Blame the semiconductor shortage. I bet Volvo is making similar adjustments now too, as they're going to be affected as well.

As a side note, test drove and loved the XC40 Recharge as well. However, it was so new when I was leasing, there were just no real offers or deals on it like there was on the e-tron. I also really like my Audi dealer, and wasn't a fan of the local Volvo dealer.

#20 ·
Most XC40 owners are fine, but if you follow the threads on XC40 forum.com there are a few folks having issues. The biggest issue with brakes is don’t get the rotors/pads wet then park for a day or so. I would say infotainment is probably biggest issue, combination of hardware and software issues. Brake issue is hit or miss. HVAC/heat pump probably next issue. Volvo has offered to swap my car, but until they change the rear pad formula my guess is I will get brakes again. When the infotainment works Google voice assistant is great.

#24 ·
It works both ways because the US market gets reversing camera's as standard, cheaper prices and a panoramic roof as standard. I assume you meant 2 tone look as the black/manhattan grey (or silver trim) parts are plastic on the Sport, S Line and Vorsprung Trim. The Edition 1 is basically the colour coded bumpers and door sills as in the US spec.

We also do not get to choose those bronze alloys in the UK configurator. We get the same style only platinum silver, which do not look as good.

Normally I much prefer the colour coded parts but with the Q4 I think the conrasting look is far more sporty.

#30 ·
Pleased it has HUD in US, but shocked it lacks 360 camera, I think in reality for me at least 360 camera is more valuable. I would love to understand the logic that goes into what colors/features they select for a given market. In US I am sure some of it is the "status" vs. what is in it.

#37 ·
This stripping of features in order to produce and ship a car at some unknown time in the future is, I suppose, understandable. My GT just began production, and my fingers are crossed that nothing has been stripped due to chip shortages. But I’ll be getting my Q4 deposit back. Lack of color and interior choices, and removal of features, are not something I’ll settle for in a 60k car.

#42 ·
I have a couple of Liftmaster openers using MyQ app. and it works well. You can configure the app to send notifications each time the garage door opens or closes. I haven’t tried using the app with Apple Car Play but will try it on my Subaru and report back. It is the wired Car Play but the wireless Car Play in the Q4 should behave the same. Still waiting for ordering to open up here in the US. Cheers!

#45 ·
I have a Liftmaster opener with the MyQ hub that talks to my Apple HomeKit hub (my AppleTV). It is well integrated into CarPlay, so you can open and close the garage door from the CarPlay home screen. I use this in my VW e-Golf, so I imagine it will work fine in the Q4 e-tron.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.