Audi e-tron Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here encountered an electrical system fault? The car totally stops and will not move.
The AA were called out but had no clue what was wrong with the car. Currently at the dealership awaiting inspection.
Light Font Line Circle Technology

· Registered
448 Posts
No. Sometimes just disconnecting the 12v battery can clear these issues.

Interesting that the AA couldn't help, because they have a new Advert/Promotion explaining their rescue staff are trained in EV's, they even have Maxus EV's.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The AA guy seemed a bit p!ssed off that he’d been called out to an EV. Before even looking at it he said there was nothing he could do. The dealership didn’t want me to take the car away once we got it there before they had the chance to inspect it because they’d had a similar issue with a different vehicle, which cut out multiple times after they’d cleared the faults.
Found this thread on another forum

· Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone on here encountered an electrical system fault? The car totally stops and will not move.
The AA were called out but had no clue what was wrong with the car. Currently at the dealership awaiting inspection. View attachment 4039
I’ve had the same issue with mine on the first day I got it. I turned the engine off and on a few times and it cleared. I’m only getting 140 miles on a full charge though so I’m worried it’s the start of a bigger problem

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve had the same issue with mine on the first day I got it. I turned the engine off and on a few times and it cleared. I’m only getting 140 miles on a full charge though so I’m worried it’s the start of a bigger problem
Which version of the car do you have? I hope it’s not an issue with any of the battery cells, I’ll give an update on here when the dealership have had a look

· Registered
5 Posts
Which version of the car do you have? I hope it’s not an issue with any of the battery cells, I’ll give an update on here when the dealership have had a look
I’ve got the 35 s line with comfort and sound pack. I only got the car on Friday and I’ve had nothing but issues so far. Even had an issue at 2 charging points today where I kept getting a battery fault error message and it wouldn’t take the charge. Not sure if yours is the same but mines taking over an hour at the high speed chargers, the overnight charge at home says 19 hours and although I’ve only really done motorway driving, I’m only getting 140 miles range on a full charge?

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’ve got the 35 s line with comfort and sound pack. I only got the car on Friday and I’ve had nothing but issues so far. Even had an issue at 2 charging points today where I kept getting a battery fault error message and it wouldn’t take the charge. Not sure if yours is the same but mines taking over an hour at the high speed chargers, the overnight charge at home says 19 hours and although I’ve only really done motorway driving, I’m only getting 140 miles range on a full charge?
I’ve had it for 1 month, it’s a 40 and I get between 230 and 280 miles at the moment largely dependant on temperature. I’m sure in the summer I’ll get over 300 miles in it. Charging wise at 50kw chargers the max I’ve had is 44kw but again I think temperature plays a big part in how the battery functions.
Because it just stopped on a main road and wouldn’t start again for 5mins the dealership took it in and didn’t want to let it leave until they diagnosed the fault. Apparently the dealership currently have another car in showing the same fault. Guess I’ll find out early next week what’s wrong with it, if it’s a battery or battery cooling problem it will be off the road for weeks while they source the parts

· Registered
5 Posts
I’ve had it for 1 month, it’s a 40 and I get between 230 and 280 miles at the moment largely dependant on temperature. I’m sure in the summer I’ll get over 300 miles in it. Charging wise at 50kw chargers the max I’ve had is 44kw but again I think temperature plays a big part in how the battery functions.
Because it just stopped on a main road and wouldn’t start again for 5mins the dealership took it in and didn’t want to let it leave until they diagnosed the fault. Apparently the dealership currently have another car in showing the same fault. Guess I’ll find out early next week what’s wrong with it, if it’s a battery or battery cooling problem it will be off the road for weeks while they source the parts
It’s worrying that there’s more cars with the same fault but hopefully it’s something they can sort easily. Just frustrating waiting for parts and it’s not good stopping on a main road. Mine let me carry on driving when the fault came up. Let me know what the dealership say please. If mine doesn’t improve I’ll be contacting the dealership too

· Registered
136 Posts
this dosn't bode well considering how these faults are already popping up and how few cars are currently out there :S
Being a new model im not surprised to be honest.

The dealer wont want to let them go with faults like this as it will count towards 3MIS monitoring, getting them off the hook essentially and the OEM likely requires that they take extra details because of it being a new model release & under 3 months old.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hopefully they sort this out quickly for you. I assume they have given you a courtesy car while it's being fixed? What have the given you?
It seems that there is a shortage of hire cars at the moment. Some providers have taken the opportunity of high 2nd hand resale and sold a lot of their cars and can’t get new ones for obvious reasons. So unfortunately at the moment I’m in a battered old S Max hire car.

· Registered
43 Posts
It seems that there is a shortage of hire cars at the moment. Some providers have taken the opportunity of high 2nd hand resale and sold a lot of their cars and can’t get new ones for obvious reasons. So unfortunately at the moment I’m in a battered old S Max hire car.
Blimey - mine's in with Audi today for some snagging investigations (MMI rebooting being one of them)
- but they gave me an A8 Black Edition 60 Quattro!! quite happy to have that for a few days ;)

· Registered
Q4 S-Line 40 Sportback, C+S Pack, Pebble Grey
52 Posts
I had similar on a few different chargers when I first got mine.

I found something about VW Cars having an issue between the socket in car and the plug. After plugging in the granny charger and holding the plug in with slight upward pressure there was a definite click which seemed to come from the socket and the car has charged fine since. I always put a slight upward pressure now when inserting the plug and it charges fine.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts