Audi e-tron Forum banner
81 - 100 of 115 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
I’m supposed to take delivery next month. When I was about to cancel my order the dealer told me mine would be arriving with a heat pump so I kept my order in tact. This is not reassuring to hear that 2 issues have occurred on a brand new vehicle given that Audi has a limited number of vehicles built.
they have built hundreds of thousands of this vehicle in Europe… and many others under the ID4 brand

· Registered
39 Posts
Do you think they should make battery cells available for service issue?

This was sent to me December 28th. Please note that the concerns outlined in your communication to Audi Germany, are currently under review, and we will provide you with an update shortly. As of January 27th, NO news on when the part will be available. How long is shortly?

They are manufacturing cars by the thousands but they can't ship 1 cell unit to Canada to repair my car...
Jean Meunier

· Registered
106 Posts
Do you think they should make battery cells available for service issue?

This was sent to me December 28th. Please note that the concerns outlined in your communication to Audi Germany, are currently under review, and we will provide you with an update shortly. As of January 27th, NO news on when the part will be available. How long is shortly?

They are manufacturing cars by the thousands but they can't ship 1 cell unit to Canada to repair my car...
Jean Meunier
That’s the issue.. there is very low amounts of material to make batteries. They are all being used to make new ones. Nothing for warranty repairs or replacements. This is why evs are not ready for mass market. A q4 battery replacement is 40k plus labour according to Audi service. And that’s without the wait… it’s ridiculous

· Registered
2023 Q4 50 e-tron Premium Plus, Black Optic
172 Posts
In a Tesla one can do a hard reset easily. This is a great and necessary feature. It is required once every 5 or 6 months. Is there a way to do a hard reset on a Q4, short of disconnecting the battery?

· Registered
39 Posts
Two Audi technicians came in my dealer and they came up with the same diagnostic as the dealers mechanic, one faulty cell needs to be replace.

That was more than 10 weeks ago.

Coming up to 3 months now and my car is still in pieces with the entire bottom separated from the vehicle.
Not an encouraging sight.
Jean

Automotive tire Automotive design Floor Flooring Asphalt

· Registered
101 Posts
Two Audi technicians came in my dealer and they came up with the same diagnostic as the dealers mechanic, one faulty cell needs to be replace.

That was more than 10 weeks ago.

Coming up to 3 months now and my car is still in pieces with the entire bottom separated from the vehicle.
Not an encouraging sight.
Jean

View attachment 8319
Jean I would ask for another q4 at this point

· Registered
126 Posts
Not the q4…
You do realize that the entire MEB platform shares a whole lot of components… especially the entire battery system?

As of November, VW had produced 500,000 iD platform vehicles worldwide. Add to that the Audi Q4, Skoda Enyaq and Cupra Born, and that’s a lot of vehicles out there running the same technology,

· Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the info. My SUV is a Sportback 55, do you know if they are sharing the same batteries? I thought they did.

More reasons to keep spare batteries in stock for service issues...

3 months and counting. Still no confirmation from the dealer as of when they will receive the new cell.
Jean

· Registered
2023 Audi Q4 Etron 50 Quattro
10 Posts
Hi all,
Kris, I would think that the batteries, they call them cells, would be the same, maybe they are not physically placed the same. I paid $103,000.00 for mine, great car to drive, really enjoy it but the experince with the service is the worst experiance I ever had with a car manufacture. I had many cars most of them Germans that’s why I thought my first Audi would a great experience...
I have been in contact with Audi Canada customer relations, I sent two emails to Germany and got a response the next day this time from Jay Shah Executive Customer Relations at Audi Canada. Not getting a clear answers from him either but his response was, when your car is repaired we will compensate you...
Maybe if any of you have concerns you should contact him at [email protected] I believe the more emails he gets the better chance we have to get results.
One more piece of information, I was told that if all the batteries section of my car would need to be replaced the cost would be $81,000.00. Obviously not the case for anyone at this time due to the warranty but I was blown over when I heard that.
Food for thoughts.
Jean Meunier
Montreal
514-973-8253
I have been in contact with Audi Canada briefly over the issue via email… but I fully plan on contacting them after this ordeal is finished and will be seeking further compensation such as a refund of payment or 2 etc. I’m just waiting for it I’ll be done so I can have my ducks lined up in order to be able to present a valid case.

· Registered
172 Posts
In Illinois by law you get a new car or full refund after a shorter down time. Send photos of your new Audi in pieces to major Canadian newspapers and national tv networks, shame Audi into being responsible. I guarantee you that BMW would never treat a customer like you are being treated. If they ever get your car back together it will be rattley piece of sh1t.

Buyer’s remorse is setting in for me. My Q4 is awesome but Audi as a company is sh1t. Removing heat pumps and putting in radiant heating in all new Q4s is insane. The low range of Q4 will get a whole lot worse. Audi treats its customers like rhubbish and makes awful decisions. BMW and MB are light years better in supporting their customers and making responsible decisions. Audi USA had their best year ever financially last year, yet they are unbelievably cheap and shortsighted.

· Registered
39 Posts
Yes, I have started sending emails to the tv networks, waiting on a reply. Does any Canadian out there know if a lemon law version exists in Canada?

My wife and I had 6 BMW's and the service was 5 stars. I still have my 2006 M6 and it looks as good as the day I took it from the dealer.

Jean

· Registered
106 Posts
Yes, I have started sending emails to the tv networks, waiting on a reply. Does any Canadian out there know if a lemon law version exists in Canada?

My wife and I had 6 BMW's and the service was 5 stars. I still have my 2006 M6 and it looks as good as the day I took it from the dealer.

Jean
News stations won’t want to cover this. They will push electric cars just like 25 Covid boosters. They will not talk about the negative side of either one.

· Registered
172 Posts
All that you need is email that you send multiple national media outlets including local outlets include photos and the name of your. Copy the general manager of the dealership and Audi regional manager and president of Audi Canada on all media communication. Do the same with Car and Driver, Motor Trend, electrical vehicle on line media. Make sure that that you copy the same folks. Write a separate letter the dealership, Audi Regional Manager, Audi Canada president. Give them 4 weeks to replace the car or you will turn it over to a lawyer. Just be firm without sounding like a crazy person. When the deadline passes, pay a lawyer for one letter to those folks.

Audi could simply get a complete battery pack from Tennessee. For whatever reason the dealership and Audi are not taking you seriously. What good is a brand new $70,000 German luxury car that sits in a shop in pieces for 3 months while it is under warranty.

Continue to post here. Keep your serious problem in front of people.

When I read about your experience, I want to get rid of my Q4 and go back to BMW. When my Q4 is out of warranty I would never trust Audi to repair and act in a responsible manner. My Q4 is awesome but Audi is a sh1t company. They are just irresponsible idiots. I bought 7 BMWs over a 20 year period. In general those $70,000 cars were problem free. However a couple of times BMW made major mistakes on my iterations. BMW always reached out and acknowledged the mistake and fixed it in a deliberate timely manner. When an early run new 2013 BMW 5 er arrived without the M-Sport Sport Suspension arrived, I complained. BMW moved a replacement car to the head of production and I quickly got it. They also gave me $1,000 credit on any option that I wanted. That car went to the head of the line at the port.

Buying an expensive German luxury car is not just about the quality of the car. It also about the quality of the company. It also embodies the culture of the country. Audi as a company sucks. They don’t have German values and ethos. They use English car company values.

I wish you good luck. Let us know how this plays out for you.

· Registered
2023 Audi Q4 Etron 50 Quattro
10 Posts
Hey Everyone,

here from Canada… I took delivery of 2023 q4 etron 50 Quattro on January 6, 2023

3 days later electrical system failure code came on… took it to dealer - they cleared codes and said it was simply something they forgot to do at the pre delivery inspection..

within a few hours of leaving the dealership, the lights came back on. They booked me for a new appointment and asked me to leave it for a few days.

One day after that, I drop my kids off at school and the car just shuts off. A new light comes on that says drive system malfunction… less than two weeks off delivery and car towed away…

so now I’m just sitting here and waiting for a diagnosis. The dealer is hoping to have an answer for me within a couple of days.

at 80% charge I was only getting approximately 250km
hey everyone. I finally have an update and a conclusion to my issue. After having the car towed two weeks ago to Audi, it was finally discovered that the issue came down to a small cable that connects the drive system to the high voltage battery. They found a tiny little slice in it that appears to have happened during assembly at the factory in Germany. As a result, a small amount of corrosion built up on the exposed cable which caused the disruption in the signal going back-and-forth. Hence why I had on again and off again fault codes. In the interim, they cleaned up the wire and sealed it. A new wire has been ordered from Audi USA to be shipped up to Canada in the next week or two but for now I’ve gotten my car back and it’s running normal with no issues. I’m glad this wasn’t some sort of systemic or major part issue

I will give the dealer credit, they gave me an Audi Q5 loaner at no charge, and paid for my gas.

I will be filing a complaint with Audi Canada however, about all of this. And considering I paid biweekly for the loan, I will be seeing if they can do something for me given I've made two payments already and have only had my car a few days in that period.

have a good weekend everyone.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts