Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey team,

Just ran across a thread regarding the Q5 (Not Q4!) sport seat comfort that suddenly has me very concerned about my decisions in terms of what I want to get, because I don't know how much like the Q5 the Q4 seats are.

Do any of you actually own and have driven in the leather sport seats that look like this?
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Gear shift Steering part

If so, can you give a quick summary of your experience in terms of comfort in them (ideally in the context of short and long drives alike), and your height and weight?

Could I also trouble you for some measurements?
Basically looking for the width of the seating cushion for bottom and back, and the width at the "top" of the bolsters.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey team,

Just ran across a thread regarding the Q5 (Not Q4!) sport seat comfort that suddenly has me very concerned about my decisions in terms of what I want to get, because I don't know how much like the Q5 the Q4 seats are.

Do any of you actually own and have driven in the leather sport seats that look like this? View attachment 3910

If so, can you give a quick summary of your experience in terms of comfort in them (ideally in the context of short and long drives alike), and your height and weight?

Could I also trouble you for some measurements?
Basically looking for the width of the seating cushion for bottom and back, and the width at the "top" of the bolsters.

View attachment 3912

Thanks in advance!
Went out in the rain to get these, so you owe me a beer.

Automotive tire Hood Textile Sleeve Gesture
Textile Sleeve Grey Line Collar
Car Plant Grey Automotive design Line
Tire Automotive tire Yellow Vehicle Tints and shades
Automotive tire Hood Textile Sleeve Gesture

Car Plant Grey Automotive design Line

Textile Sleeve Grey Line Collar

Tire Automotive tire Yellow Vehicle Tints and shades

·
Registered
72 Posts
Comfort wise, I think we're all different, so it's tricky to get it perfect. What I would say is that the seat is almost infinitely configurable, so you should find something that works for you. The electronic lumbar support is brilliant - it's great to be able to push a little extra into your lower back an hour into your journey by just reaching down to the controls.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are absolutely amazing, thank you so much.
Do you feel that the bolsters squeeze your legs in too much, or are they somewhat forgiving?

I think the complaint I was reading about the Q5 is that the bolsters made the seat too narrow to sit with the thighs relaxed and the material was so firm that attempting to do so pushed back on the legs to the point where it caused pain on longer drives.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think the complaint I was reading about the Q5 is that the bolsters made the seat too narrow to sit with the thighs relaxed and the material was so firm that attempting to do so pushed back on the legs to the point where it caused pain on longer drives.
Certainly haven't had an issue like that. We did a 1200 mile trip and I had no cause for complaint whatsoever. Could have happily climbed back in the next day and done it all over again. I'm fairly average build, 5'11 but I do cycle a bit and find most regular jeans are tight around my thighs if that's useful info! :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Certainly haven't had an issue like that. We did a 1200 mile trip and I had no cause for complaint whatsoever. Could have happily climbed back in the next day and done it all over again. I'm fairly average build, 5'11 but I do cycle a bit and find most regular jeans are tight around my thighs if that's useful info! :)
as an ice hockey player, I think that's super useful! Thanks!

·
Registered
Have: GLA45 AMG -- Want: Q4 50 e-tron
27 Posts
If the seats are anything like the VW GTI seats, you will probably like them, even if you feel like you might be too big for the seat. I have had 3 GTI's in my day and they are by far the best seats I have ever had in a car. Granted, I can not afford a Porsche, so, my seat experience is limited to more of a "poor-man's Porsche" than a real one!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts