Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
2641 - 2660 of 2705 Posts

·
Registered
Q4 SB 45 Sline
59 Posts
yeah well I was trying to keep all of our hopes up !
especially for all of us that ordered later. If yours arrive in Septembre then I’ll be in the 2023 club

·
Registered
235 Posts
yeah well I was trying to keep all of our hopes up !
especially for all of us that ordered later. If yours arrive in Septembre then I’ll be in the 2023 club
trust me my friend I wish you get your Q4 this year, as I hope we all do, being in France you may be lucky 🍀 I’m not convinced I’ll get mine this year, it’s not like I haven’t got a car so it’s not the end of the world, just frustrating as I’m being battered in BIK and diesel when I should have my Q4 in Dec 21. But hey ho. More important things in life than metal 😊

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well you don’t take into account that VW is not only producing EV but also ICE and over multiple brands. It is not that straight forward to compare those 2 companies

It is an advantage for Tesla being smaller and therefore having more flexibility. Don’t forget also that Tesla’s valuation makes them more able to finance whatever can give them an advantage
Id3, id4, id5, Q4, Q4 SB, Cubra Born. All of these are made at two production lines at Zwickau plant. Only Id3, id4 and Q4 were made there at the time when I placed order (one year ago).

·
Registered
17 Posts
We all know if you order now, estimated delivery will be +12 months, but what about people who ordered 12 months ago?
Me included, today exactly one year anniversary for my Q4 50 order, and still not even estimated build week... makes you wonder.
True, but I still believe it's out of Audis control, 12 months ago manufacturers didn't know that Putin would go crazy and invade Ukraine and the short coming of electrical components looked brighter.

I will celebrate(???) next week the same. Also model is the same. One year ago the estimate was 4-5m. And the estimation is the same now, 1 year later.

Audi is consistent on keeping estimate to 4-5m😂 Likely at May 2023 the estimation will be still 4-5m.

Vw introducing new models all the time and those consumes production capacity from the delivering existing orders. Tesla does not add new models all the time. Diff between Tesla and vw is that Tesla can deliver cars within estimated delivery time. Vw not.
I wouldn't say Audi, I believe it's the dealerships that's not being honest from the beginning.
I asked my sales rep (when he said 16 months to me) about people being told about 7 - 9 months by VW regarding iD4 (built in the same plant), the answer I got was "I want to be able to look my customers in the eyes".
If it would be Audi saying lead time was shorter I would have had the same delivery time as most others.

I might be wrong but for now I believe it's dealerships who are afraid of loosing customers if they are being honest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, been reading this for some time but never wrote anything. I am in Switzerland and ordered Q4 50 SB at the beginning of November 2021. Was promised the car in March but now it keeps moving every week by another week or 2. Currently promised the build week to be 25 and potentially with me early July. Was just wondering - saw some users here from Switzerland - what is your experience with local dealers/AMAG? When did you order/get the car? Thanks!

·
Registered
Q4 SB 45 Sline
59 Posts
N
Hi all, been reading this for some time but never wrote anything. I am in Switzerland and ordered Q4 50 SB at the beginning of November 2021. Was promised the car in March but now it keeps moving every week by another week or 2. Currently promised the build week to be 25 and potentially with me early July. Was just wondering - saw some users here from Switzerland - what is your experience with local dealers/AMAG? When did you order/get the car? Thanks!
Not sure if the delays are shorter in Switzerland but when I ordered my car end of November in France the 50 SB had a delivery estimate of 2nd half of September 2022. I find it very surprising that they announced a month earlier such an early estimate

·
Registered
Audi Q4 SB e-tron - Audi A4 Avant B9
49 Posts
Welcome Pa3K! In summary, exactly the same situation as you. Q4 50 SB, beginning of October 2021(week 40), promised the car in March (week 11) and regularly moving. I'm at week 26 unconfirmed. I must admit that I'm starting to see Q4's on the roads here, but haven't seen a SB yet, except the one I've tried last year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Email from my dealer last week. Ordered start of october 2021. SB 40 with a lot of tech options + tow bar. Initially delivered in february then April then July and then « no more date sir »…

·
Registered
Q4 SB 45 Sline
59 Posts
Yup 👍🏻, I would say anything ordered from October onwards will be 2023, that’s how it seems, some people may be lucky
i think some October orders got built dates.
I’m still hanging on to the hope that I could get mine before the 12 months anniversary.
That would be amazing if it arrived in July but Iose hope everyday that goes by.

btw Audi closed yet another factory on chip shortage (the one that builds A4/A5/A8

·
Registered
48 Posts
AFAIK, only if someone cancels their order and they just happen to have ordered the matching configuration and are bumped up in the queue. I stopped having any hope of seeing one in 2022 :)
I don’t think cancellations help very much. Ancedotately it seems that in that scenario as though the dealership simply hold onto the order, and they either use it to advance one of their own customers or wait for it to be delivered and sell on as new stock at current prices like the two Q4 vehicles currently showing available at Audi New Car Search | Audi UK

·
Registered
46 Posts
Was that a deliberate omission of Cupra I wonder?Someone on the Born forum’s car is in production now and due to leave the factory next week - considering the order books only opened in March, it definitely feels like there is some queue jumping going on!!
I had a Cupra Born on pre-order. The dealer said that they (the factory) had a block booking of 400 cars for the UK and that were going to be built starting in April for July delivery. After that you're in the queue with the rest of us! 🤣

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do they even make any? :D:D
Looks like we bet our money on something like the Loch Ness monster. Some people say it exists. Few photos circulate the web, but still nothing in my garage 😂 😂 😂. There are literally 0 in Canada. Not even in showrooms.
Yeah but I've got a free charge point with my 'Nessy' :ROFLMAO: Mind you - It will be out of warranty before I use it!

·
Registered
Q4 Etron 35 sline
2 Posts
From Ireland. Been following this thread from July last after placing order......
Ordered 35 sline 2nd week July 21, estimated delivery Dec 21
Car arrived in Ireland 2nd week March 22 delivered 31st March.....
6 weeks now and 3000km done and really love this jeep worth the wait I would say.

Xtra : panaromic roof, sonos, ambient lighting and body colour trim(glazier white)

2641 - 2660 of 2705 Posts