Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
2901 - 2920 of 2996 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Long time watcher of this thread but thought I would contribute as had another update to my order.

Ordered my 35 Sport C+S back in December and intiially given delivery time of June, then September, October, December and yesterday after asking dealer for another update been told April 2023!
Hopefully they are just trying to manage expectations and will beat that but not holding out.

EDIT: The april 2023 date was provided by Lex through their portal but the dealer has now emailed me saying December is still valid and "Planned model yr 23 change for Q4 SUV/SB is middle of July (there are no changes to the actually vehicle from mdl yr 22), we’re expecting build weeks to then start confirming and we’ll then hopefully get a better idea of delivery."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Apparently mine is being delivered to dealer in London imminently, if it was going towards London did you see Navarra Blue with graphite wheels? 🤣
My fingers are crossed one of these was yours! 😂🤞 We already have a Navarra blue Q4 (71 plate), that we've had since Sept last year - we loved the Q4 so much we ordered another one which is what we are waiting on. The Navarra Blue really is a stunning colour that has grown on me. I'm almost regretting ordering my black Q4 now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Good news! How long have you been waiting?
Order date 3rd August 21 although I actually ordered start July 21 and it took lease company one month to place order!
My fingers are crossed one of these was yours! 😂🤞 We already have a Navarra blue Q4 (71 plate), that we've had since Sept last year - we loved the Q4 so much we ordered another one which is what we are waiting on. The Navarra Blue really is a stunning colour that has grown on me. I'm almost regretting ordering my black Q4 now.
Being delivered next Thurs so maybe it was ! 😆

·
Registered
80 Posts
Order date 3rd August 21 although I actually ordered start July 21 and it took lease company one month to place order!

Being delivered next Thurs so maybe it was ! 😆
There's no logic to the deliveries, I ordered end Jul 21. and it arrived mid Jan 22. I have the Navarra Blue as well, Sportback, it looks brilliant in the sunshine

·
Registered
55 Posts
Makes sense doesn't it? The SB has a higher price (and margin) than the SUV. Ofc. they will push that put first.

I really need to figure out whether I wanna keep my order. Guaranteed a rental every day they are late, but I feel I'm paying top dollar and getting older and older tech. Think I might cancel in September.
paying top dollar and getting older and older tech Yes - I'm thinking the same :-(. It appears that there is a internal power struggle between Porsche, Audi and VW for software development resources within VAG. Porsche and Audi argue that they are premium brands and they don't want the user interface/features in their cars to look/behave the same as the VW's. If VAG had any brains they would have a common hardware platform and then let VW develop the core. Then Porshe/Audi could have their own engineers customise the interfaces (Google Android managed to do it!). As it is Your Q4's infotainment system is based in different hardware from it's VW counterparts. I think I'm right in saying that it can't do over the air updates either. So that's two reasons why Audi are so slow/unable to improve the Q4 vs ID3/4/5.

·
Registered
Audi Q4 SB e-tron - Audi A4 Avant B9
53 Posts
paying top dollar and getting older and older tech Yes - I'm thinking the same :-(. It appears that there is a internal power struggle between Porsche, Audi and VW for software development resources within VAG. Porsche and Audi argue that they are premium brands and they don't want the user interface/features in their cars to look/behave the same as the VW's. If VAG had any brains they would have a common hardware platform and then let VW develop the core. Then Porshe/Audi could have their own engineers customise the interfaces (Google Android managed to do it!). As it is Your Q4's infotainment system is based in different hardware from it's VW counterparts. I think I'm right in saying that it can't do over the air updates either. So that's two reasons why Audi are so slow/unable to improve the Q4 vs ID3/4/5.
That's a good point. I haven't heard anything since months about the famous v3 software update which was planned on november 21 and then march 22. Any news on that? What about the lucky ones who received their Q4 this month, what is the version? Still having the user prompt issues and so on?

·
Registered
7 Posts
So my dealer has pushed back the delivery date no surprise.

I called Porsche who are delivering in 6-9 Months who then offered me a Taycan cross turismo cancellation…not the same class of car. I’ve bitten and taken them up - massive jump in price but figure its worth it.

Need to decide if i cancel now. Thanks for nothing Audi!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So my dealer has pushed back the delivery date no surprise.

I called Porsche who are delivering in 6-9 Months who then offered me a Taycan cross turismo cancellation…not the same class of car. I’ve bitten and taken them up - massive jump in price but figure its worth it.

Need to decide if i cancel now. Thanks for nothing Audi!
My dealer implied to me that a load of new build dates will get allocated from mid-july when the next model build year kicks, and the 3 shifting to reduce the backlog.

I'm hoping its only a few months away now as a work colleague of mine who ordered back in October is expecting his for delivery in the next week or two as it was on the boat this week.

Nice choice on the Taycan!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dealer implied to me that a load of new build dates will get allocated from mid-july when the next model build year kicks, and the 3 shifting to reduce the backlog.

I'm hoping its only a few months away now as a work colleague of mine who ordered back in October is expecting his for delivery in the next week or two as it was on the boat this week.

Thanks!

I might still keep the order in before they lock it in as its a different type of car but i can’t understand how Porsche (they have a separate factory to Audi / VW) can deliver so much quicker.

·
Registered
Q4 Sport 40 C+S Pebble Grey
27 Posts

Fingers crossed that new build dates will be allocated in mid-July as I was on week 41 and now on week zero!

Some logic to that in that they would want to complete all build under MY22 before commencing MY23 - I wonder if that coincides with any factory summer breaks?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have faith my friends. Ordered my Q4 with C&S&T last July from Lex through work. Continuously pushed back and thinking about quitting. On the lex website the updates just said no confirmed build over and over again. Through desperation I rang Swansway yesterday and was told it is built and on the lorry. Complete shock. I will post some photos when it arrives!

·
Registered
145 Posts
The lack of OTA is a pretty big thing.

I won't be too critical, but I find it odd Audi isn't up to speed on the tech.

2901 - 2920 of 2996 Posts