Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
3181 - 3194 of 3194 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Slightly miffed. Car is at the dealership waiting to be delivered but it would appear that Audi want to change the P11d price from my original lease order in July 2021 to today. Frustration is not the word.
What!?! 🤬 That’s awful given that it will affect your tax code. I would have thought it should be based on the order value, I’ll go down an internet rabbit hole with that one. Anybody else experience that P11d decision?

Update
Here’s a link to auto express re. P11d

·
Registered
6 Posts
What!?! 🤬 That’s awful given that it will affect your tax code. I would have thought it should be based on the order value, I’ll go down an internet rabbit hole with that one. Anybody else experience that P11d decision?

Update
Here’s a link to auto express re. P11d

Should be pretty low as an EV though?

·
Registered
423 Posts
You very rarely see a private example for sale but it will sell quick simply because it's available.
Don't cancel your order. You can't lose on selling it privately with delivery miles on it.
Something to watch:-

Our Q4 will get sold in December, can't wait to see what kind of offers come in, I'm expecting to some across some greedy traders.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Slightly miffed. Car is at the dealership waiting to be delivered but it would appear that Audi want to change the P11d price from my original lease order in July 2021 to today. Frustration is not the word.
I think that’s how it works. It’s the value of the benefit to you and is based on the vehicle’s list price, including any options and delivery charges — not the price actually paid. So any discounts you or your lease company have negotiated aren’t reflected in the P11D value, and even a second hand car would have a P11D value equal to the list price at the time of first registration.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think that’s how it works. It’s the value of the benefit to you and is based on the vehicle’s list price, including any options and delivery charges — not the price actually paid. So any discounts you or your lease company have negotiated aren’t reflected in the P11D value, and even a second hand car would have a P11D value equal to the list price at the time of first registration.
Yep - this is how it's worked for my Q4. Based on List price not discounted etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep - this is how it's worked for my Q4. Based on List price not discounted etc.
But is it based on the list price at the time of order or delivery? Audi put up the prices in December after I intially filled in the paperwork in November but it wasn't filed until December (Lex and dealers fault) and was told it would now be above my company car grade so I couldn't get the car. Luckily the dealership acknowledged the error and agreed to the pre-dec price. and the order went through but if we are now working on new list prices when the car is (finally!) delivered, will they not give me the car as now worth too much for my car allowance?? 🥴

·
Registered
22 Posts
But is it based on the list price at the time of order or delivery? Audi put up the prices in December after I intially filled in the paperwork in November but it wasn't filed until December (Lex and dealers fault) and was told it would now be above my company car grade so I couldn't get the car. Luckily the dealership acknowledged the error and agreed to the pre-dec price. and the order went through but if we are now working on new list prices when the car is (finally!) delivered, will they not give me the car as now worth too much for my car allowance?? 🥴
With my order it was fixed at the point of order (end of Sept '21), delivered a month ago.

·
Registered
96 Posts
But is it based on the list price at the time of order or delivery?
The price you (or your employer) pay for the car — cash, finance or lease should be fixed at the point of order. I thought the ‘P11D value’ for Benefit-In-Kind purposes was the list value of the vehicle with any options and delivery charges at the point of iniitial registration. That way each individual vehicle doesn’t have a potentially unique value, and therefore it’s easier for the HMRC to check based on make, model and registration date.

The HMRC working sheet confirms my understanding: the valuation for taxable purposes is the value when first registered, not when ordered. See https://assets.publishing.service.g...t_data/file/1063054/P11D_worksheet_2_2022.pdf

NOTE: That worksheet is based on the previous tax year (e.g. the year people will be currently submitting tax returns for). The BIK percentage for electric vehicles has increased to 2% of P11D value from April 2022 (and may change again in future years). So you will pay tax at your marginal income tax rate on 2% of the P11D value for the 2022-2023 tax year. Future years may be different if HMRC change the rules.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Long time watcher of this thread but thought I would contribute as had another update to my order.

Ordered my 35 Sport C+S back in December and intiially given delivery time of June, then September, October, December and yesterday after asking dealer for another update been told April 2023!
Hopefully they are just trying to manage expectations and will beat that but not holding out.

EDIT: The april 2023 date was provided by Lex through their portal but the dealer has now emailed me saying December is still valid and "Planned model yr 23 change for Q4 SUV/SB is middle of July (there are no changes to the actually vehicle from mdl yr 22), we’re expecting build weeks to then start confirming and we’ll then hopefully get a better idea of delivery."

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would apply common sense to the pricing issue. If I order a car that costs £40k list price and the dealer guarantees the price, then a change in the pricelist by the time the car is delivered should be irrelevant because it does not apply to that car. However if the dealer reserves the right to increase the price in line with pricelist increases and change specification, then the P11d price would be taken from the registration date. Going through a leasing company makes it harder to unravel, but I would be interested if anyone has managed to argue that the older pricelist was the relevant one to their car. The latest price list might not even have your specification of car on it by the time it is registered. When HMRC came up with their rules, they would not have foreseen such long delays between the ordering point and registration. Send any comments to Comcar.

3181 - 3194 of 3194 Posts