Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
3321 - 3340 of 3418 Posts

·
Registered
Q4 SB 45 Sline
101 Posts
Thanks for the info Q4KEV.

They had so many mishaps that they got way too cautious about giving any dates... it's ridiculous.
They cannot trust that the factory will operate normally and the factory give no info on their capacity to deliver vehicules in a timeframe

·
Registered
Q4 SB 45 Sline
101 Posts
Here is what was posted on this forum about the statuses

About halfway through this discussion topic, this was posted
  • Order Status 00 - Welcome
  • Order Status 10 - Order Received
  • Order Status 20 - Preparation
  • Order Status 21 - Panel Shop
  • Order Status 22 - Paint Shop
  • Order Status 23 - Assembly
  • Order Status 24 - Quality Control
  • Order Status 30 - 'Your Audi has left lngolstadt'
  • Order Status 39 - 'Your Audi is in the UK'
  • Order Status 40 - Ready for transport to the dealer (Website displays "Your new Audi is on its way to <DEALER>"}
  • Order Status 60 - Left the UK Port on the way to the dealer (Website displays "Your new Audi is on its way to <DEALER>"}
  • Order Status 70 - Arrived at dealer - Call to make your collection plans

My dealer called me today to tell me that my car just left Zwickau and is on its way to the car park of Audi France.
About 2 weeks to get FINALLY delivered

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the estimate build week the first week of november. But had to remove the option of electric seats. Not that mad because I could add the smartphone package, trizone climate, 40:20:40 rear seats and black rear mirrors for less money of previously specced car. If I kept the electric seats, I would wait at least until april next year. The car was ordered in june 21.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My car is speced with most things. Only excluded: S-line (hate ”leather”), panorama and Sonos. I assume that electric seats, matrix lights, tow bar, HUD and similar will most likely push the car beyond 14months of waiting.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Apparently the electric seats are now the new hot and unavailable option. Call the dealer and ask him about it.
Yeah M-B is shipping the EQB without electric seats in the US right now and a small credit towards the cost. There's no way I'd accept a car without them but some people don't really care clearly.

·
Registered
143 Posts
This is all wrong on all levels… Because we’ve suffered these ridiculous leadtimes to date. Now the desperation is setting in that we now must accept mediocrity from premium manufacturers?? It really makes me feel companies such as Audi are playing on it now as we’re so vulnerable. Chips, wiring looms, now seats. It seems you pay top money and get what they give you, like it or lump it.!!
Shocking in my world chaps! Sorry.. not acceptable for a £50k+ cars ..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Apparently the electric seats are now the new hot and unavailable option. Call the dealer and ask him about it.
My dealer confirms this, but I refuse to pay that sum of money and then need to pump up or down the seat every time my wife and I switch who is driving. I will join the12months club anyhow.
Wireless charging is already removed, continuing to remove stuff is not an option. It would be even worse if restrictions are lifted once the car actually goes into production. Then you save 0 months but get a stripped car.

·
Registered
Q4 SB 45 Sline
101 Posts
This is crazy ! At some point seeing that the dealers only had manual seats on display I wondered if this had an impact on lead time or if they didn't care about them.

For me electric seats should not be an option anymore just like electric windows are not.

·
Registered
Q4 50 SB S-Line - A4 Avant B9
74 Posts
Q4 SB 50 SLine - (no tow bar, nor sunroof) Ordered 9th of October 2021 (week 40 2021) with first ETA on week 11
December 21 I was informed that it moved to week 13
January: from week 13 to 16
February: from week 16 to 20
March: from week 20 to 23
May: from week 23 to 26
June: from week 26 to 35 ... unconfirmed of course
July: probably from week 35 to "potential cancellation date" 😅
and finally got some news yesterday:
September: from week 35 to week 43 (still unconfirmed). I gave my dealer until week 40 to get a confirmed date and informed him that if the Friday week 40 (2022, exactly one year after ordering) I don't have any answer and an official confirmation, I'll cancel my Q4. I don't want to spend more time on harassing him and loosing my nerves. Audi saw me 20 years ago and will never see me again, unless huge changes are happening in their communication, customer service delivery and software development.

·
Registered
21 Posts
and finally got some news yesterday:
September: from week 35 to week 43 (still unconfirmed). I gave my dealer until week 40 to get a confirmed date and informed him that if the Friday week 40 (2022, exactly one year after ordering) I don't have any answer and an official confirmation, I'll cancel my Q4. I don't want to spend more time on harassing him and loosing my nerves. Audi saw me 20 years ago and will never see me again, unless huge changes are happening in their communication, customer service delivery and software development.

I understand your frustration. I've been driving other EV's in this space to try and work out if we want to stick with ours when our lease expires (we got our Q4 last November) and to be honest I really liked the Polestar 2 and Volvo XC40.

More importantly for you however are the lead times, you can get an XC40 in about 4 weeks in the UK from existing stock and the monthly lease price is less than the Q4.

Edit - To clarify I really like our Q4, only issues are the non existent software updates and the value for money (still no reversing camera even on the top spec £58k version over here). If we have to wait two years for another one vs 4 weeks/8 months for a XC40 or 8 months for a Polestar 2...that's going to be a hard sell.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have been looking into my options as well since it seems like I'm still a year away from getting my ordered car. As it turns out, yesterday I test drove a BMW i4. Liked the car, built one with the salesperson only to find out that this particular dealership was trying to force a $2180 aftermarket "interior/exterior protection coat" AND to make you finance the car with them. They would not sell the car for cash. They claimed it policy to help prevent cars from being purchased and transported out of the USA.

3321 - 3340 of 3418 Posts