Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
3341 - 3360 of 3418 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have been looking into my options as well since it seems like I'm still a year away from getting my ordered car. As it turns out, yesterday I test drove a BMW i4. Liked the car, built one with the salesperson only to find out that this particular dealership was trying to force a $2180 aftermarket "interior/exterior protection coat" AND to make you finance the car with them. They would not sell the car for cash. They claimed it policy to help prevent cars from being purchased and transported out of the USA.
well the second one is easy. Finance and immediately pay off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
well the second one is easy. Finance and immediately pay off.
I called another dealer. They can sell me the same car for CASH. I already had a finance deal that was better than the shoehorn deal the first dealership was forcing. It was really infuriating that they were willing to watch a sure deal walk out of the door. They had a car production date that could be modified so that I would get my build order by Dec or January.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been looking into my options as well since it seems like I'm still a year away from getting my ordered car. As it turns out, yesterday I test drove a BMW i4. Liked the car, built one with the salesperson only to find out that this particular dealership was trying to force a $2180 aftermarket "interior/exterior protection coat" AND to make you finance the car with them. They would not sell the car for cash. They claimed it policy to help prevent cars from being purchased and transported out of the USA.
That's essentially the deal I got for my Q4, but a little less for the protection coat. I paid off the loan 2 weeks later and only ended up eating 0.2% in interest charges.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's essentially the deal I got for my Q4, but a little less for the protection coat. I paid off the loan 2 weeks later and only ended up eating 0.2% in interest charges.
It wouldn't have been bad if you could immediately transfer to another loan BUT they "required" 6 months with their financing at an APR that was nearly 2 points higher than my locked in deal.

They were willing to drop the aftermarket hocus-pocus.

·
Registered
470 Posts
It wouldn't have been bad if you could immediately transfer to another loan BUT they "required" 6 months with their financing at an APR that was nearly 2 points higher than my locked in deal.

They were willing to drop the aftermarket hocus-pocus.
Ah, in california they can't have any sort of early termination penalty so I guess that's why the dealers here don't try that stuff

·
Registered
Q4 e-tron 35 S-line in Narvarra Blue
134 Posts
All worked out in the end, so that’s good.

In the U.K. dealers try to sell the protection coating product for a ridiculous amount of money, often £1000 - £1500 and it’s a complete waste of money! A professional detailer is the best route, and the cost isn’t that much more than the over priced dealer products.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All worked out in the end, so that’s good.

In the U.K. dealers try to sell the protection coating product for a ridiculous amount of money, often £1000 - £1500 and it’s a complete waste of money! A professional detailer is the best route, and the cost isn’t that much more than the over priced dealer products.
Hi Geh5000, would you kindly explain why I would want to detail a new car and what isit that costs ~£1500?

·
Registered
Q4 e-tron 35 S-line in Narvarra Blue
134 Posts
Hi,

All very good questions.

From personal experience, new cars look shinny and perfect when you collect them from the dealer, but look closely, especially in the sunshine, the paintwork will have defects such as swirls, transport marks, and paint blemishes. So even though it’s a brand new car, I can guarantee there will be several areas where the paintwork will be poor, even if the dealer has carried out an inspection and prepared the car before delivery.

The cost I mentioned is what dealers can charge for a Paint Protection package such as Lifeshine, GardX or Diamondbrite, and unless the preparation is done correctly, the product is applied over poor paintwork! A pointless exercise and a waste of money. I use a professional detailer who will spend days preparing the paintwork, correct any blemishes, and apply a high quality coating, usually ceramic that will last for a number of years. The end result is amazing, and the cost isn’t much more than the dealer products and way better.

Check out a few detailers website and you will see the difference they can make to a cars paintwork, be that brand new or used.

My car after it was detailed by a professional.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,

All very good questions.

From personal experience, new cars look shinny and perfect when you collect them from the dealer, but look closely, especially in the sunshine, the paintwork will have defects such as swirls, transport marks, and paint blemishes. So even though it’s a brand new car, I can guarantee there will be several areas where the paintwork will be poor, even if the dealer has carried out an inspection and prepared the car before delivery.

The cost I mentioned is what dealers can charge for a Paint Protection package such as Lifeshine, GardX or Diamondbrite, and unless the preparation is done correctly, the product is applied over poor paintwork! A pointless exercise and a waste of money. I use a professional detailer who will spend days preparing the paintwork, correct any blemishes, and apply a high quality coating, usually ceramic that will last for a number of years. The end result is amazing, and the cost isn’t much more than the dealer products and way better.

Check out a few detailers website and you will see the difference they can make to a cars paintwork, be that brand new or used.

My car after it was detailed by a professional.
View attachment 6738
Makes perfect sense and is exactly why I would not just pay for this service as a non negotiable add on to my overall car cost.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just got an email from Audi to say that my cars now in build! (Which is 2 weeks earlier than the build week my dealer had most recently advised) 🎉
Me too. 🎉🎉🎉

I was told build week 40, today (week 38) I’ve got the “Your e-tron is taking shape” e-mail. As another UK order, @12 Month Club perhaps we are literally in the same boat? 😂

I’m not sure what their definition of “in build” includes, as it says it may take upto 3 weeks. The general perceived wisdom is that the vehicle only spends 1-2 days on the factory production line.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Me too. 🎉🎉🎉

I was told build week 40, today (week 38) I’ve got the “Your e-tron is taking shape” e-mail. As another UK order, @12 Month Club perhaps we are literally in the same boat? 😂

I’m not sure what their definition of “in build” includes, as it says it may take upto 3 weeks. The general perceived wisdom is that the vehicle only spends 1-2 days on the factory production line.
Yes, maybe this is essentially the confirmed status 20 stage leading up to the actual build weeks we were advised, when the car will be assembled?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Breaking news- ordered Vorsprung 15th Oct 21.
finally got a build date….. May 23 !!! What a piss take I said, you’re trying your hardest to make me cancel I said…
Feel like telling them to stick it, however I’m 11 months deep in? Lost with it tbh..! Absolute Joke.

·
Registered
11 Posts
finally got a build date….. May 23 !!! What a piss take I said, you’re trying your hardest to make me cancel I said…
Feel like telling them to stick it, however I’m 11 months deep in? Lost with it tbh..! Absolute Joke.
Unbelievable.
Any reason for such a ridiculous wait or the usual Audi take it or leave it and think yourself lucky your getting it at all!

·
Registered
143 Posts
E
Unbelievable.
Any reason for such a ridiculous wait or the usual Audi take it or leave it and think yourself lucky your getting it at all!
Exactly that mate ( the latter).! Make it unpalatable and hope they’ll break and cancel. Then we can sell this vehicle at the new current prices.! Simples, as I can’t fathom another reason at this stage.
new logo should read - 💩udi..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, so I ordered a Q4 e-tron Sportback sport everything standard no extras start of November 2021. Started May 2022 for delivery changed to July, September, November 2022 & now May 2023??no build slot allocated either ... Im reading this is the norm?

·
Registered
Q4 50 SB S-Line - A4 Avant B9
74 Posts
Time to change again your profile name to Q4ifQ4 😅
I’ve ordered it on the 9th of October 21 and as I said still no confirmation though week 43 is announced… but my dealer forgot to specify which year 🥳

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know in the early days some dealers were holding off sending orders to the factory because they'd oversold their allocation but didn't obviously tell customer that, so even if you placed an order, it may have been up to a month later before even the factory were aware of it.....
I placed order with Fleet Dec '21 Lex didnt place order with Audi until March 🙄.

Looking again at the driver portal, my 'ETA stock' date appears to be autogenerated date +12 months from order... any Lex company car 'customers' know how to get more info out of them? Ive asked and been batted back

·
Registered
143 Posts
I placed order with Fleet Dec '21 Lex didnt place order with Audi until March 🙄.

Looking again at the driver portal, my 'ETA stock' date appears to be autogenerated date +12 months from order... any Lex company car 'customers' know how to get more info out of them? Ive asked and been batted back
Me, I am.. Don’t waste your time speaking with Lex, they haven’t a clue.. You need to find where your car is coming from (which Audi dealer) and email them direct for updates.. 👍 no better news from them I may add, but it’s from the horses mouth at least..

3341 - 3360 of 3418 Posts