Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
3361 - 3380 of 3418 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Unbelievable.
Any reason for such a ridiculous wait or the usual Audi take it or leave it and think yourself lucky your getting it at all!
Ahh, I spoke too soon. I've just had an unconfirmed build date of week 12...... 2023! That'll be delivery in May so 19 months from order. Original expected delivery was April 22.
I've had no explanation for either my extended delay OR why people who have ordered their cars after me have confirmed build dates or even have their cars.
VW Groups arrogance is simply outrages.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Breaking news- ordered Vorsprung 15th Oct 21.
finally got a build date….. May 23 !!! What a piss take I said, you’re trying your hardest to make me cancel I said…
Feel like telling them to stick it, however I’m 11 months deep in? Lost with it tbh..! Absolute Joke.
I also ordered a Vorsprung edition in November 2021, did Audi give you any indication that you will get the car you ordered or some other version?

·
Registered
Q4 SB 45 Sline
101 Posts
Ahh, I spoke too soon. I've just had an unconfirmed build date of week 12...... 2023! That'll be delivery in May so 19 months from order. Original expected delivery was April 22.
I've had no explanation for either my extended delay OR why people who have ordered their cars after me have confirmed build dates or even have their cars.
VW Groups arrogance is simply outrages.
week 12 is the 20th of March which would probably be a delivery in April 23 rather than May.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hope you are all well, i been lurking in the background and thought it time to join the forum so I could post an update I just received from Audi...

I placed an order for the Q4 as a company car back in Oct 2021, pretty much the same as many on here I was told a list of different expect dates.

June then Oct 22, then December or January 23. I now have an expected build of wk10 2023 for April delivery!

That's 18mths from order to delivery assuming they hit that date, I'm told they are matching cancelled orders with people waiting in the queue to see if they can move the date closer but think we know that's no guarantee.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I read an article yesterday where VW were now saying that they expect the semi conductor shortages to extend into 2023. This still appears to be the limiting factor which is determining their output. I suspect Audi are simply seeking to maximise the number of vehicles they can produce based on the number of chips available, which may explain why some orders have much longer lead times than others, despite being ordered at the same time as people like me, which now have cars in production.

mine order is a 40 sline +C&S pack, alloy wheel upgrade but no other options.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I read an article yesterday where VW were now saying that they expect the semi conductor shortages to extend into 2023. This still appears to be the limiting factor which is determining their output. I suspect Audi are simply seeking to maximise the number of vehicles they can produce based on the number of chips available, which may explain why some orders have much longer lead times than others, despite being ordered at the same time as people like me, which now have cars in production.

mine order is a 40 sline +C&S pack, alloy wheel upgrade but no other options.
I think the C&S pack doesn't help with delivery - probabley due to the extra front beepers and reversing cam needing extra chips. Two collegaues of mine both ordered wtihin two months of me (Oct - Dec 2021) and both recieved their sportbacks with no extra packs and I'm waiting for my standard back with C&S until Jan 2023!

·
Registered
Audi Q4 e-tron 40 Edition One
1 Posts
I ordered my Q4 e-tron 40 Edition 1 Comfort+Sound Pack a year ago back in September 2021 - initially I was given a March 22 delivery date then July and now possibly January 23. At no time was I pro-actively called by my London dealer - I only found out about each delay after sending an email when I heard nothing about delivery. In fact the original salesperson left without any notification and my later emails were simply ignored and I had to physically go into the dealership in August to find out the current delivery date.

I no longer have any faith in Audi and in particular my local dealership so I have recently purchased a different used car and am now very unlikely to need the Q4. Obviously the current price for my specification is about £4K more than on my order and I see a very similar new example (2 weeks old, 70 miles) being sold at the same dealer for £65K which is £10K more than my order price. I haven't yet cancelled my order but am considering whether I should just wait for delivery and then put it up for sale if they are still selling for well above list price. I fully expect futher delays in the delivery date particularly if German factories have to shut due to gas shortages or have issues sourcing other parts such as windscreens which are energy intensive to produce.

I am supposed to be receiving a free car charger installation as part of the order so am tempted to still have that installed if I decide to sell the car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I also ordered a Vorsprung edition in November 2021, did Audi give you any indication that you will get the car you ordered or some other version?
I read earlier this month on here they’ll have all the extras as quoted but the reason they’ve closed the vorsprung was to reduce building cars with more spec. Because they can’t keep up with thenm now, plus taken too many chips? Then I heard they’re building the vorsprungs first now to get them out the way and delivered. But that’s not true either given my status, so it’s called get in the queue and collect your lottery ticket for delivery unfortunately or ….. Cancel it..!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I read earlier this month on here they’ll have all the extras as quoted but the reason they’ve closed the vorsprung was to reduce building cars with more spec. Because they can’t keep up with thenm now, plus taken too many chips? Then I heard they’re building the vorsprungs first now to get them out the way and delivered. But that’s not true either given my status, so it’s called get in the queue and collect your lottery ticket for delivery unfortunately or ….. Cancel it..!
Thanks, I’m going to hold out for Audi to deliver what I ordered, it’s a good job I’m in no rush! I wonder if anyone in the U.K. ever received a Vorsprung edition Q4?

·
Registered
470 Posts
well, I've tentatively jumped the queue somewhat. Another dealer happens to have something almost identical to my desired config (no garage door opener, wireless charger, or tow hitch… none of which is THAT big of a deal to me) coming their way (awaiting transport from the factory, I gather… probably 2-3 months out) and so I've put down a deposit to claim it for myself at MSRP.

Still leaving my existing order in the system just in case the ship sinks or the transport truck rolls over into a ditch or something, but hopefully my personal saga is coming to an end, but it'll still have been over a year since putting down my original deposit.

·
Registered
Q4 50 Vorsprung - OW 26|BW 37|CW 49
94 Posts
Thanks, I’m going to hold out for Audi to deliver what I ordered, it’s a good job I’m in no rush! I wonder if anyone in the U.K. ever received a Vorsprung edition Q4?
I can confirm people have, or at least I did so they do exist :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
well, I've tentatively jumped the queue somewhat. Another dealer happens to have something almost identical to my desired config (no garage door opener, wireless charger, or tow hitch… none of which is THAT big of a deal to me) coming their way (awaiting transport from the factory, I gather… probably 2-3 months out) and so I've put down a deposit to claim it for myself at MSRP.

Still leaving my existing order in the system just in case the ship sinks or the transport truck rolls over into a ditch or something, but hopefully my personal saga is coming to an end, but it'll still have been over a year since putting down my original deposit.
That's great news, Yeetron! So happy that you jumped the queue and possibly get your Q4 by end of the year! I could live without those configs too. I am still patiently waiting for mine!

·
Registered
18 Posts
hope you're not waiting too long!! What config are you getting!
Thanks! It's the Q4 Sportback with Technology (no Blk Optics, Hitch)...we could have jumped the queue too as there was one coming soon in Pebble Grey (cancelled order) but since the Q4 is my wife's, she only wanted the colour that was ordered which is Nav.Blue ... When she said no to the dealer, I'm sure the next person who got the call from the dealer took it 😅😉

·
Registered
Q4 50 Vorsprung - OW 26|BW 37|CW 49
94 Posts
Wow so they do exist! Thanks. I’ve also added the heat pump, storage option, but no tow option. If you have a moment, do you like your car, good and bad points and what kind of mileage are you getting?
Exactly the same as me then hehe.

No of course happy to give a quick update. I've done 8200 miles and barring a few software bugs which are well documented on this forum like random glitches with the door childlocks and occasionally the cruise control deciding its taking a break and won't activate and finally the **** app. The driving experience itself is fantastic, the car is beautifully responsive and doesn't feel its weight at all, even in quick bends.

For the UK I would 100% recommend the storage pack even though really it should come standard on a £66k+ car. There is so much room and even coming from a Q5, I don't feel like I've lost any space or storage at all and I'd even say the back middle seat is more comfortable than in a Q5 without a transmission tunnel.

Now given its top spec with 21" wheels and a heavy sunroof etc. the closest I've got to the official WLTP cycle of 289 miles is approx 240 miles in summer. I do a lot of 60 mph and above speeds so my driving may not be a fair representation of mixed driving. In winter when I first got the car, was hitting between 190-200 miles when it was 5c or less outside. So there is a significant drop in winter but it's no surprise for an EV. In terms of miles per kWh for winter I was hitting 2.4 miles per kWh and summer can easily get 3.0, again keep in mind I do mostly high speed motorway driving, so it can for sure do better at lower speeds.

So in summary, barring well documented software issues, I absolutely love the car and would say its well worth the wait! :)

3361 - 3380 of 3418 Posts