Audi e-tron Forum banner
4001 - 4020 of 4062 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone tell me how long after their build week do you get confirmation that the car has been built? I've been told that last week was my confirmed build week (after 14 months wait).
My car was also confirmed build for last week (13 months and counting). Lex have moved expected delivery date from 1st February (which I felt unrealistic) to 1st March. Unless affected by the transportation issues affecting Other manufacturers I wouldnt expect it to move much further.

· Registered
12 Posts
Hi,
Ordered my q4 in October 2022 and my work lease company have advised a 9-10 month lead time…
40 edition 1 with C&S - Navarra blue.
Not convinced after reading this forum 👀 but let’s wait and see…
My edition 1 c&s + tech with upgraded 21” wheels has been pushed to mid June 2023 unconfirmed, ordered back in Nov 2021.

· Registered
93 Posts
My sons Edition 1 estimated build has moved to end of September 23 from June 23. Ordered November 21. With most manufactures now looking at 10-12 month lead times, it makes you wonder what Audi are doing??
It's well known that Audi don't make any profit on the EVs that they sell. The 'attraction' for making them is to get carbon credits so that the EU don't fine them millions of euros at the end of the year. Logically they would only want to build the minimum number of EVs each year so that they don't get fined. May be that's why a lot of us waited for over a year with no build date in sight and then suddenly had our production dates brought forward.

My dealer told me today that my car has been built and is now on a ship on its way to the UK.
The week before Christmas I was told that its expected built week was week 13 2023! 😁

· Registered
4 Posts
It's well known that Audi don't make any profit on the EVs that they sell. The 'attraction' for making them is to get carbon credits so that the EU don't fine them millions of euros at the end of the year. Logically they would only want to build the minimum number of EVs each year so that they don't get fined. May be that's why a lot of us waited for over a year with no build date in sight and then suddenly had our production dates brought forward.
That may have been the case as some point (and a big part of Tesla's strategy where much of their profit came from sales of credits to other car companies) but Audi, and every other manufacturer, are transitioning to essentially all electric cars and have plenty of ways to make money off them. They need to recoup development costs and invest in new model development. Adding $$ to what are now mandatory "options" keeps the car under some government incentive limits. Jacking the price up for the same product raises margins.Removing the heat pump because it's limiting production is another trick. They are building these as fast as they can get the parts. The Q4 is a popular car but unless you want a Tesla, basically all decent electric cars are back-ordered. Heck, in Canada try ordering a Toyota Tundra truck - 18 - 24 months and no guarantee of final price. It's a good time to be building and selling vehicles.

· Registered
37 Posts
Well

I asked work to cancel mine and order a Tesla Model Y, but they said no as "Audi have confirmed they are arriving this year, including Edition One models"

I was at Audi last weekend as my daughter is after an A1, the Corporate fleet sales guy there said that dealership was not expecting any Edition One's until early 2024

Absolute shower of £*%!

Somebody is lying !!

· Registered
37 Posts
Current timelines

Hope this might be useful to those currently waiting as got some specifics

Ordered March 22 40 S Line C/S & Tech
Built Week 2 2023
Left factory before 16th Jan 23
Confirmed in UK before the 24th Jan
Shipping documents from port to Audi UK raised on 26th Jan

Im now told it may be there for another seven to ten days then will be at Audi fleet group.

· Registered
27 Posts
Current timelines

Hope this might be useful to those currently waiting as got some specifics

Ordered March 22 40 S Line C/S & Tech
Built Week 2 2023
Left factory before 16th Jan 23
Confirmed in UK before the 24th Jan
Shipping documents from port to Audi UK raised on 26th Jan

Im now told it may be there for another seven to ten days then will be at Audi fleet group.
Mmm, mine left the factory on 8/1/23 but apparently still sitting in the factory car park and probably not delivered until end Feb now. Its all random!

· Registered
161 Posts
Wow, more horror stories again this week from Audi customers… it’s horrendous this now, I’m in a hire car( BMW IX3 )and wish they’d allow me one of these now tbh. Had enough and feel this would be far better than what I’m supposed to having anyway. But it’s 65k and they’ll not allow it, heard a colleague at work has had his cancelled by Audi. They cancel mine after 15 months I’ll defo get one! 🤬😂
Btw mine is still unconfirmed 29th May 23 (Oct 21 order) if that helps to cheer anyone up! 😃👍

· Registered
17 Posts
Mmm, mine left the factory on 8/1/23 but apparently still sitting in the factory car park and probably not delivered until end Feb now. Its all random!
Mine is similar, build completed week 1 and currently still in Germany somewhere "in transportation to the German port". Looks likely the 6-8 week delivery to the UK is going to be right

· Registered
93 Posts
This won't help your mood then.. I've just had an email from Audi saying that my car has arrived in the UK. The next stop will be my dealer.

· Registered
110 Posts
When I got mine, I got a notification that the build was complete. The next notification I got was that it was on the boat (ie arriving in the Uk later that day), so you may just find it’s been progressing but they just haven’t updated you.

· Registered
37 Posts
How are people who actually have one of these unicorns finding the leather interior?

Every Edition One I have looked at for sale, that have done little or no miles, the seat wear/creasing is WAY more than I would expect ??

I know it is inevitable but not after a few hundred miles surely !!

· Registered
93 Posts
When I got mine, I got a notification that the build was complete. The next notification I got was that it was on the boat (I.E. arriving in the UK later that day), so you may just find it’s been progressing but they just haven’t updated you.
I had an urgent call from my dealer this morning.. "Great news! Your car is now with us at the dealership please arrange to come and collect it."
I tried to argue that I've waited for 14 months so there's no urgency. I'll wait until the new 23 plate comes out. They said that that could be a problem because they'd have to find somewhere to store it for 5 weeks and they'd really like it picked up by next Tuesday (;)). So we struck a deal: I'm collecting my new Q4 next Tuesday and they are giving me two free services. I'm working on getting a free Audi umbrella that I saw another customer get with theirs next. I don't see why they should get one and not me🤣

· Registered
161 Posts
I had an urgent call from my dealer this morning.. "Great news! Your car is now with us at the dealership please arrange to come and collect it."
I tried to argue that I've waited for 14 months so there's no urgency. I'll wait until the new 23 plate comes out. They said that that could be a problem because they'd have to find somewhere to store it for 5 weeks and they'd really like it picked up by next Tuesday (;)). So we struck a deal: I'm collecting my new Q4 next Tuesday and they are giving me two free services. I'm working on getting a free Audi umbrella that I saw another customer get with theirs next. I don't see why they should get one and not me🤣
Great news pal, I thought you’d say “ see you in 5 mins to collect”.. haha. I know you’ve been on here a long time too, so pleased we can say goodbye and happy Q4-ing to you! 👏 as always, send us some pics of it.. 👍

4001 - 4020 of 4062 Posts