Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Update to the initial post. Dealer has now confirmed a mid Sep build date (early July order) and advised it could be available mid to late October, they did state though that they are having some difficulties at the moment getting the cars from the factory. Has anyone got a vehicle on order that has been delayed due to logistics from factory?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ordered 40 Vorsprung 19/07, est delivery time is 14/01/22, been told by Audi to expect late Q4 so hoping for that

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ordered 40 Vorsprung 19/07, est delivery time is 14/01/22, been told by Audi to expect late Q4 so hoping for that

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update to the initial post. Dealer has now confirmed a mid Sep build date (early July order) and advised it could be available mid to late October, they did state though that they are having some difficulties at the moment getting the cars from the factory. Has anyone got a vehicle on order that has been delayed due to logistics from factory?
Yes, in my case confirmed build week was 4 weeks ago, and delivery was supposed to be this week. Instead the car hasn't left the factory yet, dealer has told me to expect delivery in September. I'm guessing my car is mostly finished but missing components because of the chip shortage. Q4 40

·
Registered
Q4 Ed1 c&s, heat pump, Navarra blue
6 Posts
Yes, in my case confirmed build week was 4 weeks ago, and delivery was supposed to be this week. Instead the car hasn't left the factory yet, dealer has told me to expect delivery in September. I'm guessing my car is mostly finished but missing components because of the chip shortage. Q4 40
Same for me, build week 27 (so 1st week July, about 6 weeks ago). Went into build on time but stuck at end at Quality Control so no chassis/vin number. Its all chip / semiconductor shortage related. Still no delivery date. Starting to think about backing out and going for Plan B which is unlikely to be an audi.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Has the dealer stated that the delay is due to any particular part or pack that was added on to the vehicle and given options to change the configuration?

·
Registered
Q4 Ed1 c&s, heat pump, Navarra blue
6 Posts
My dealer is in the dark. A dutch website techzl.nl says the semiconductor chip shortage isnt the only issue, theres supply chain issues in sheet metal and even rubber seals (affecting pano roof). This could turn into a PR nightmare . The audi uk website home page says "
Update on delivery times
We’re sorry that due to global supply chain issues and a few component shortages, delivery times on some of our model lines are currently longer than we would like. Please be assured we are working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible, and to keep you up to date with what’s happening. We also have cars readily available now from stock – just give your local Audi Centre a call and we can help you identify a perfect match."

·
Registered
61 Posts
My dealer is in the dark. A dutch website techzl.nl says the semiconductor chip shortage isnt the only issue, theres supply chain issues in sheet metal and even rubber seals (affecting pano roof). This could turn into a PR nightmare . The audi uk website home page says "
Update on delivery times
We’re sorry that due to global supply chain issues and a few component shortages, delivery times on some of our model lines are currently longer than we would like. Please be assured we are working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible, and to keep you up to date with what’s happening. We also have cars readily available now from stock – just give your local Audi Centre a call and we can help you identify a perfect match."
These are worrying issues for those looking to order now as it would put a lot of people off. Especially considering a lot of options have been removed from the configurator.

Thankfully I am in no rush as I am looking at a July 2022 delivery. But if by Nov the supply issues have not been sorted, I would be loathe to order a car with missing features and only one key fob.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has the dealer stated that the delay is due to any particular part or pack that was added on to the vehicle and given options to change the configuration?
No, they didn't specify what exactly is causing the delay, they just told me that they have several orders that are delayed and they can't get clear information from the factory for those. No configuration changes offered to speed things up (I like my configuration, I wouldn't want to do that anyway)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was lucky enough to pick mine up a couple of weeks ago. At that time the dealer told me new orders have 6-7 months lead time now.

·
Registered
Q4 50 Vorsprung - Build Week 37
26 Posts
I was lucky enough to pick mine up a couple of weeks ago. At that time the dealer told me new orders have 6-7 months lead time now.
Hey @electron , just curious what did you spec for yours and what was your order time from point of order to delivery? I ordered mine early July with build week 37, no word yet of any chip or supply issues so hoping my car is unaffected 🤞

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a Geyser blue 40 with the Attitude package, matrix LED, Sonos and a few other bits. Ordered in late April.
Hope you'll get yours soon - it's so much fun to drive it :)
Brilliant I have ordered the same colour as well, if you have a pic to share that would be great. I got the top spec in the UK so would be interesting to see what differences (if any) there are to yours. Really glad to hear your having fun driving it, can't wait for mine :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
yepi had around a six week delay from leaving factory to them finding the bloody thing. Only think they did as I threatened to cancel my order

·
Registered
26 Posts
@electron wow looks brilliant and really nice to see you had a good handover from the dealer! Hope you are enjoying the pleasure of being an owner and I really like how the colour shifts between light conditions a brilliant kind of light blue in sunlight to a darker greyish blue in normal. Thanks for sharing the pics! :)(y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered an edition 1 40 with tech pack/c+s pack/adaptive dampers in Navarro blue at the beginning of June

ordered as a company car so I’m only getting updates through the lease company but originally it was due to dealer on 1st September. Was pushed back to ‘mid September’ last week. The non descript date doesn’t give me much confidence they’ll hit that date though.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts