Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
721 - 740 of 887 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
That’s something mate, over the moon for you, let’s hope it stays that way
One thing I didn’t realise until my conversation with the leasing firm today, is that they have a 6 month SLA with most manufacturers, usually 12 weeks but extended due to chip dilemma.

If the manufacturer don’t deliver within the SLA they have to pay compensation to the lease company at the cost of a monthly payment for every week that it’s late. So the thoughts we all had around lease vehicles being the bin juice of the world is obviously not true.

they are anticipating delivery to me 21/3/22

we shall wait and see…….

·
Registered
208 Posts
One thing I didn’t realise until my conversation with the leasing firm today, is that they have a 6 month SLA with most manufacturers, usually 12 weeks but extended due to chip dilemma.

If the manufacturer don’t deliver within the SLA they have to pay compensation to the lease company at the cost of a monthly payment for every week that it’s late. So the thoughts we all had around lease vehicles being the bin juice of the world is obviously not true.

they are anticipating delivery to me 21/3/22

we shall wait and see…….
That’s very interesting - hoping that I get something soon rather than March! Least they’ve spoken to you now haha

·
Registered
Q4 50 Vorsprung - BW 37 CW 49
57 Posts
Hey all,
Just got an actual good news update from my dealer this morning that my car has now been built and is on its way for shipment (just left factory). So following this, for me this is how my timeline follows:
  • Ordered - Week 26 (1st week July)
  • Confirmed Build Week - 2 weeks later for build in week 37
  • Went into Build - Week 37 (as originally planned, 13th September)
  • Build Complete - Week 46 (15th November)
  • Shipping - TBC (est. 3-4 weeks)
My order was brand new so did not take an existing slot and is for a UK Vorsprung model plus heat pump. I was informed in August that the phone box feature would not be coming due to lack of chips but I've seen on other posts recently that cars are showing up with them (even when they were told it wouldn't), so hoping the same for me.

Will keep you all updated on shipping progress but just so happy to get some good news finally after hearing nothing since week 37 :)
So an update, the car has made it to status "awaiting ship released" which I think means its in the UK waiting to be released from port... anyone with better knowledge do correct me if I'm wrong.

Dealer thinks it won't be long now, starting to get excited 😃

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh wow that is record time. Congrats on your car . Do share pictures once you get your hands on it. Also please share the real world mpg on the 35 once you drive around in it. My sportback is 35 as well. It would be good to know how close it gets to the claimed range.
Collect tomorrow and the dealer sent me this lol
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
23 Posts
All of the comments on here re. sudden movement gives me some hope as this is what the dealer told me last week, things are moving and expecting to deliver everything in build by year end.
Fingers crossed, I am getting excited!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can I check if the dealer is still the best place to get info from? My dealer can act like I'm a PITA when I talk to him so I'm wondering if theres somewhere else to get reliable information from...

·
Registered
50 Vorsprung
5 Posts
I've just had an update from my dealer. My car is on the ship (the Nordic Ace, I presume) and it is due to berth in Tyneside this afternoon. They plan for me to take delivery early next week.

Q4 50 Vorsprung in Typhoon Grey with heat pump, cash buyer.

WK26: Ordered
WK 01: Planned build
WK37: Revised Build
WK46: Built and at Emden awaiting shipment
Wk47: Arrival in UK
WK48: Planned delivery

721 - 740 of 887 Posts