Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been told this morning. That the SUV shape has a 16 week lead time from the point of order and the sportback has a 22 week lead time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Been told this morning. That the SUV shape has a 16 week lead time from the point of order and the sportback has a 22 week lead time.
Was told about 6 months lead time as well. My current lease ends in July so I will order in late Oct to be sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered my Q4 40 30th of April here in Finland and still haven't got a build date. The issue is that I added tow bar to my configuration and now they are unable to deliver those until Q3/22.
My dealer gave me an estimate of 15th of July 2022 for the car to arrive, and when I ordered the car it was supposed to have 6-8 month delivery time...

Has anyone agreed with the dealership that tow bar will be retrofitted once the car arrives and tow bars are available? I heard this is an option as well in some cases and it should speed up the build and delivery process, but my dealer seems to be incapable of dealing with this issue.

If tow bar cannot be removed from the configuration or be retrofitted I'm gonna have to cancel my order, I won't wait 14 months for the car to arrive when I was told it would only take 6-8 months :(

·
Registered
Q4 50 Vorsprung - Build Week 37
26 Posts
I ordered my Q4 40 30th of April here in Finland and still haven't got a build date. The issue is that I added tow bar to my configuration and now they are unable to deliver those until Q3/22.
My dealer gave me an estimate of 15th of July 2022 for the car to arrive, and when I ordered the car it was supposed to have 6-8 month delivery time...

Has anyone agreed with the dealership that tow bar will be retrofitted once the car arrives and tow bars are available? I heard this is an option as well in some cases and it should speed up the build and delivery process, but my dealer seems to be incapable of dealing with this issue.

If tow bar cannot be removed from the configuration or be retrofitted I'm gonna have to cancel my order, I won't wait 14 months for the car to arrive when I was told it would only take 6-8 months :(
This sounds like a pretty bad experience to me and not very Audi. I know in the UK the configurator was updated recently to remove the tow bar option completely and instead you can select "Trailer hitch preparation" option instead for £165:

I am guessing this option is so that the car can then be fitted with a tow bar aftermarket. So I'd have a look on the Finnish configurator for something similar and if it exists then insist that your dealer remove the tow bar option and add that instead and see if that brings the lead time forward. If they don't respond you could also go directly to Audi via their social media. Their UK Twitter account is very good at responding to direct messages so hopefully something equivalent is available for Finland.

Hope that helps and good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I maybe late to the party here, Audi just told me they’ve removed the phone box option, even though it’s standard in the Vorsprung? And will only have one smart key?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I maybe late to the party here, Audi just told me they’ve removed the phone box option, even though it’s standard in the Vorsprung? And will only have one smart key?
Interesting, did they tell you pro-actively or did you have to ask them about it? I only ask because I asked Audi directly a few weeks ago about whether my Vorsprung had it spec'd in as it did when I ordered it and they confirmed that it still had it on the spec... And yes phone box and wireless charging did come as standard with the Vorsprung up until a certain point near the end of July, perhaps you just caught it as they were removing the option which is unlucky.

The smart key thing is across all ranges I believe and you get an "I owe you" on pick-up to collect another key once supply allows.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Interesting, did they tell you pro-actively or did you have to ask them about it? I only ask because I asked Audi directly a few weeks ago about whether my Vorsprung had it spec'd in as it did when I ordered it and they confirmed that it still had it on the spec... And yes phone box and wireless charging did come as standard with the Vorsprung up until a certain point near the end of July, perhaps you just caught it as they were removing the option which is unlucky.

The smart key thing is across all ranges I believe and you get an "I owe you" on pick-up to collect another key once supply allows.
So very odd, I ordered akey cover and I called to ensure it wouldn’t have an impact on the build time (paranoid now) which it didn’t, he then went on to tell me about these amendments they’ve made which I understand from a logistics POV, sounds like I’ve been unlucky I did order late July.

The person I spoke to isn’t my usual contact but he did really hammer home that the issues that Audi are facing with delays etc, so I’m just hoping for the best tbh. Can I ask what colour you went for?

·
Registered
26 Posts
So very odd, I ordered akey cover and I called to ensure it wouldn’t have an impact on the build time (paranoid now) which it didn’t, he then went on to tell me about these amendments they’ve made which I understand from a logistics POV, sounds like I’ve been unlucky I did order late July.

The person I spoke to isn’t my usual contact but he did really hammer home that the issues that Audi are facing with delays etc, so I’m just hoping for the best tbh. Can I ask what colour you went for?
I don't blame you for being paranoid with all the reports being put on here and on other groups across the whole industry its a bit chaotic.

Sure we were torn between the blues, I like'd the Navarra one but the wife thought it looked to purplish in real life so we ended up with the lighter (Geyser) one but with the black trim on the grill and around the car it should look pretty decent I think with good contrast. What did you end up going for?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't blame you for being paranoid with all the reports being put on here and on other groups across the whole industry its a bit chaotic.

Sure we were torn between the blues, I like'd the Navarra one but the wife thought it looked to purplish in real life so we ended up with the lighter (Geyser) one but with the black trim on the grill and around the car it should look pretty decent I think with good contrast. What did you end up going for?
Yeah for sure, nice choice I went with the standard pebble grey and only due to a picture I seen of an edition one I thought looked really nice

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah for sure, nice choice I went with the standard pebble grey and only due to a picture I seen of an edition one I thought looked really nice
View attachment 2603
Yea it looks very nice good choice! The only reason we didn't even look at the greys is we've had 2 grey cars in a row and I was determined not to have a 3rd 😆

·
Registered
17 Posts
Called Audi Customer Service today and had a confirmed build date of September 13th, order was placed 28th June

·
Registered
61 Posts
I contacted the leasing company I use through work and also Audi today to ask for realistic build times. I was told by Audi that ordering now could be March delivery and maybe earlier depending upon spec. I was also told that a Vorsprung Q4 Sportback was quite likey March - April (6 - 7 months), but also that waiting times are increasing.

My existing lease ends in July but it takes about 6-8 weeks for the paperwork to go through the leasing company etc. So doing some maths I ended up realsing that 8-9 months is realistic putting delivery time around April. So based on those timescales and advice, I put in an order in for a Q4 50 Sportback Vorsprung in Typhoon Grey and specified a delivery date in July.

What sold the Vorsprung for me was the fact that I had priced an S Line to meet a price point, but the prices came down by 10% since then. So I could get the same S Line spec cheaper, or up the spec to a Vorsprung for the same price I had already comitted to spending.

Man maths calculation = Q4 50 Sportback in Vorsprung trim. In the meantime I am going to have to live with my crappy E-Tron 50. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
You're doing quite well there. We ordered a new Sportback, 2 weeks ago and build was scheduled for March 22.

Fortunately, we've, got what we presume is a cancelled order slot or a dealer build slot, which is now underway, with a late Oct early Nov delivery.

Can't wait to see how this pans out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Positive update to be taken with a pinch of salt, my delivery date has moved from end of Jan 2022 to the 01/12/21….ordered 3rd week fo July

61 - 80 of 89 Posts