Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1341 - 1360 of 1496 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's about time that Audi publish what they are doing to give some transparency. If there is some reason for it then tell people.

Chip shortage I get but orders placed same time with same spec and delivery dates months apart is just frustrating people.

These forums are great but also fuel people's frustrations as before forums we wouldn't have visibility.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Agree with the last three posts, it’s taken all the excitement out of the new car! No clear message, orders placed after others for same spec arriving well before others, same generic **** about chips!

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's appalling, as you say, same spec as mine, ordered a month before, but not coming for another 6 months? Dont get it
Edited
It makes no sense whatsoever. I'm going to screenshot a number of messages from here, including your above into a reply to Lex to show that their Chip excuse isnt washing

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's about time that Audi publish what they are doing to give some transparency. If there is some reason for it then tell people.

Chip shortage I get but orders placed same time with same spec and delivery dates months apart is just frustrating people.

These forums are great but also fuel people's frustrations as before forums we wouldn't have visibility.
I agree, its lack of consistency that irritates me. Too be honest when I ordered car I was unaware of the potential delay to production with this model (perhaps didnt reserach enough back in August 21), if I had known or had more transparancy of this at the time how long it was going to take I would have actually tried to find a stock car even from another brand. Im convinced some of the other more popular cars I was interested in at the time would have been received by now. I hope to have the car before August 22 summer holidays (April 22 delivery forecast currently, previously Jan then March....etc) but Listers said on phone there wasnt a build date so to me thats already bollocks isnt it assuming it will be delivered perhaps another 2 months from being built?

I think car manufacturers should be made to put in there current best estimate lead time on websites to make it completely transparent to people actually ordering new cars. Some manufacturers are doing this better but with AUDI its just a generic notice stating there are delays but not indication of the expected delay.....6 month, 9 month. 12 month.....15 months !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Today is 6 month anniversary of my Q4 40 SUV order with SHEFFIELD Audi.
Geyser Blue /Comfort/Technical/Safety Plus/Function/Ambient Lighting plus/ Upgraded Sears.
Was told went into build week 44 last year but nothing since.
Have seen similar specs on here coming through now so here’s hoping.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I agree, its lack of consistency that irritates me. Too be honest when I ordered car I was unaware of the potential delay to production with this model (perhaps didnt reserach enough back in August 21), if I had known or had more transparancy of this at the time how long it was going to take I would have actually tried to find a stock car even from another brand. Im convinced some of the other more popular cars I was interested in at the time would have been received by now. I hope to have the car before August 22 summer holidays (April 22 delivery forecast currently, previously Jan then March....etc) but Listers said on phone there wasnt a build date so to me thats already bollocks isnt it assuming it will be delivered perhaps another 2 months from being built?

I think car manufacturers should be made to put in there current best estimate lead time on websites to make it completely transparent to people actually ordering new cars. Some manufacturers are doing this better but with AUDI its just a generic notice stating there are delays but not indication of the expected delay.....6 month, 9 month. 12 month.....15 months !

That’s exactly it, My greatest frustration they know fully well of the backlog, they should not tell you a date they know fully well isn’t achievable. Like myself I’m in limbo too far in to cancel so we have to suck it up, if I knew it would be 9 months I would of considered other options, but they kept on promising... I posted this a few weeks ago still applies

·
Registered
17 Posts
For me the issue is we don’t know why some Q4s ordered later are arriving earlier than similar or the same spec. This to me suggests there IS some form of priority either via the dealers or Audi - either way it sucks. So simply being transparent on the Audi website may be more soft focus.

My opinion, we are all equal Q4 orders, but some Q4 orders are more equal than others :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been given an estimated delivery of early Oct 2022 by Audi Leeds upon reciept of my order from Zenith on Monday. Seems like they’re being a bit more realistic from the off now.

I’ve been impressed with the communication between Audi, Zenith and Pod Point so far this week. Free Pod Point ordered without any chasing from me - all OLEV paperwork completed including the Annex I from Zenith and next step is Pod Point arranging an installation date.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have been given an estimated delivery of early Oct 2022 by Audi Leeds upon reciept of my order from Zenith on Monday. Seems like they’re being a bit more realistic from the off now.

I’ve been impressed with the communication between Audi, Zenith and Pod Point so far this week. Free Pod Point ordered without any chasing from me - all OLEV paperwork completed including the Annex I from Zenith and next step is Pod Point arranging an installation date.

That’s lucky, I ordered 8th Aug last year and mine not even going into build until October 2022

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I’m not holding my breath but at least they’re not saying 3months or anything daft.

The Q4 will be due a facelift before they deliver half the cars ordered - I guess normal product lifecycles are out of the window now!

·
Registered
12 Posts
That’s exactly it, My greatest frustration they know fully well of the backlog, they should not tell you a date they know fully well isn’t achievable. Like myself I’m in limbo too far in to cancel so we have to suck it up, if I knew it would be 9 months I would of considered other options, but they kept on promising... I posted this a few weeks ago still applies
I'm the same. 7 months in now, still quoting me 6 months to go. Its crazy and demoralising but what can I do? I am half tempted to cancel and take a gamble on a Tesla Model 3, but I really really like the Audi. It was supposed to be novel, exciting, be one of the first to have one on the road, now by July when mine is due, I'll probably resent it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm the same. 7 months in now, still quoting me 6 months to go. Its crazy and demoralising but what can I do? I am half tempted to cancel and take a gamble on a Tesla Model 3, but I really really like the Audi. It was supposed to be novel, exciting, be one of the first to have one on the road, now by July when mine is due, I'll probably resent it.
Does suck all the “fun” out of it

·
Registered
60 Posts
I found this for Audi Poole Lead times.

Estimated Current Lead Times
Model Lead time
A1 Most models 4 - 7 months
A3 Some models around 5 months, many 9 months or longer
A4 Some models around 4 months, many around 6 months
A5 Most models around 5 months, cabriolets around 6 months or longer
A6 Many saloon models up to 4 months, Avant and Allroad models around 9 months or longer
A7 Most models 6 months or longer
Q2 Most models around 5 months
Q3 Most models 9 months or longer
Q4 e-tron Most SUV models around 6 months, Sportback models up to 4 months

·
Registered
60 Posts
As communicated earlier this year, lead times for new cars remain longer than we would like due to the ongoing global shortage of semiconductor chips. To help you understand the possible implications of this shortage, we have compiled a guide of approximate current lead times by model.
There are various factors impacting lead times and there are differences based on the specification and engine you choose, even within the same model line. Generally, cars specified with larger engines, quattro all-wheel drive, and/or Vorsprung trims are facing longer lead times.

·
Registered
60 Posts
We’ve had a couple of good news stories early this week. I actually thought things were looking up. Then boom, Yet again a flood of angry and demoralising posts straight after…

Has anyone posted on twitter? I’m not on it,
but I’ve often heard it can often get quick reactions from companies as it can be damaging to them when they get exposed …?
Just a thought, don’t shoot me down, I’m desperate for Audi to see everyone’s angry..

unless anyone knows Matt Allwright personally is my other thought.. 😁

·
Registered
60 Posts
As communicated earlier this year, lead times for new cars remain longer than we would like due to the ongoing global shortage of semiconductor chips. To help you understand the possible implications of this shortage, we have compiled a guide of approximate current lead times by model.
There are various factors impacting lead times and there are differences based on the specification and engine you choose, even within the same model line. Generally, cars specified with larger engines, quattro all-wheel drive, and/or Vorsprung trims are facing longer lead times.
Great !!! Mention vorsprung specifically.. 😩

·
Registered
301 Posts
We’ve had a couple of good news stories early this week. I actually thought things were looking up. Then boom, Yet again a flood of angry and demoralising posts straight after…

Has anyone posted on twitter? I’m not on it,
but I’ve often heard it can often get quick reactions from companies as it can be damaging to them when they get exposed …?
Just a thought, don’t shoot me down, I’m desperate for Audi to see everyone’s angry..

unless anyone knows Matt Allwright personally is my other thought.. 😁
I did have a moan on Twitter a while ago after the third push back, all they say is “contact your local dealer they will be able to advise” lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just started the process of ordering a new Q4 but haven't been given an indication of lead time yet. Has anyone ordered a Q4 recently and been given a delivery date? If so how long have you got to wait?
Ordered mine mid September 21, delivery date was April 22, just before Xmas it was pushed to May22 and a week ago it was pushed to September 22. Queried it with the supplier (a company car lease provider) and have been told basically it is what it is and it cannot be guaranteed. semi conductors, unprecedented times bla bla bla. it would be interesting to see what they give you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, that’s what I’m doing besides sending emails. I’ve been there last week (AMAG yes), and there is no information at all, no build or delivery estimation. Since we needed to give back our previous leased car already, it’s quite urgent. They will call the factory tomorrow for the latest, let’s see. We also discussed the possibility to swap the order for another car in stock.
Quick update on my order (Switzerland) - dealer called the factory, but after 6+ months there is still no news on build date/what part is missing. So we decided to go through the available (new car) stock together with the dealer spending two hours there. We did find a car with a fairly similar spec (only it’s a SB instead of SUV), so eventually we did a new leasing contract for that and voilà the car will be with us in two weeks.

We needed to pull the trigger on this quickly, as I could see in the system that even for cars in stock there was a waiting list basically if someone already got an offer or leasing pending.

Not sure if this strategy could work for you guys, however, if you are not dead set on your order, you might want to explorer this option.

1341 - 1360 of 1496 Posts