Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1361 - 1380 of 1491 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quick update on my order (Switzerland) - dealer called the factory, but after 6+ months there is still no news on build date/what part is missing. So we decided to go through the available (new car) stock together with the dealer spending two hours there. We did find a car with a fairly similar spec (only it’s a SB instead of SUV), so eventually we did a new leasing contract for that and voilà the car will be with us in two weeks.

We needed to pull the trigger on this quickly, as I could see in the system that even for cars in stock there was a waiting list basically if someone already got an offer or leasing pending.

Not sure if this strategy could work for you guys, however, if you are not dead set on your order, you might want to explorer this option.
I could be tempted to do the same, AMAG told me they will contact Audi this week and confirm what they can once they have spoken to them... lets see what they say.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I could be tempted to do the same, AMAG told me they will contact Audi this week and confirm what they can once they have spoken to them... lets see what they say.
Good 👍 at least there are some options we can consider.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - newbie to the forum here. Ordered a Q4 35 Sport base model in October 21. Currently down for build week 36 - October 22 but also been told that this isn't cast in stone yet so it's a bit of a moving feast. Not great.

·
Registered
Audi Q4 SB e-tron - Audi A4 Avant B9
20 Posts
For me it's still planned for week 11 (ordered 9th of October 21). No changes so far but in case the car is not available within 2 months from week 11, I will simply cancel the order and have a look on other non-Audi alternatives... or keep my diesel which works like a charm. I'm just currently feeling like Audi's beta tester guinea pig where incomplete techs, software and my patience are tested

·
Registered
21 Posts
For me it's still planned for week 11 (ordered 9th of October 21). No changes so far but in case the car is not available within 2 months from week 11, I will simply cancel the order and have a look on other non-Audi alternatives... or keep my diesel which works like a charm. I'm just currently feeling like Audi's beta tester guinea pig where incomplete techs, software and my patience are tested
I know what you mean, I ordered back in summer of last year. The good thing is that AMAG said I can keep my now 8 year old Tiguan until they deliver and still guarantee the price so in the end it will their loss as the longer it takes the more KM's and older mine gets! Still, I was hoping to get the new car before a new model comes out! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Knew i shouldn’t have emailed Crewe Audi- asked for an update as he said do in new year. Guess what…. It’s no showing sept build (ordered Oct 21). I’m fuming, my reply was “ not good enough, and not acceptable”..
Totally F’d off with this now! 🤬

·
Registered
Have: GLA45 AMG -- Want: Q4 50 e-tron
27 Posts
For me the issue is we don’t know why some Q4s ordered later are arriving earlier than similar or the same spec. This to me suggests there IS some form of priority either via the dealers or Audi - either way it sucks. So simply being transparent on the Audi website may be more soft focus.

My opinion, we are all equal Q4 orders, but some Q4 orders are more equal than others :confused:
It really could be something as simple as which paint colors are set up in the factory that day or week, or even what vehicle models with matching options are on the factory floor that day or week. So orders can be moved ahead or bumped when orders are grouped into batches for production. For example, on Ford.com ordering system each model of vehicle of the Mach-E has different timing. Some models are 20+ weeks, some are 28+ weeks, some are 30+ weeks.

🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
22 Posts
Knew i shouldn’t have emailed Crewe Audi- asked for an update as he said do in new year. Guess what…. It’s no showing sept build (ordered Oct 21). I’m fuming, my reply was “ not good enough, and not acceptable”..
Sorry to hear that, so annoying ...its starting to feel like a support network on here, 'car orders anonymous'.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry to hear that, so annoying ...its starting to feel like a support network on here, 'car orders anonymous'.
Lol😂 thanks pal.. Absolutely, I come on here for exactly that! It’s the bullshit I can’t handle. If I knew it was a 11/12 month lead times from the start and agreed to live with that, then that’s my doing and I wouldn’t be moaning.. But I’d of looked else where, as men can’t wait 12 months for new cars FACT…😂
I’m just trying to think of my options, but there’s none currently! The wife’s bearing the brunt of it tonight!!🤬.. haha.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It really could be something as simple as which paint colors are set up in the factory that day or week, or even what vehicle models with matching options are on the factory floor that day or week. So orders can be moved ahead or bumped when orders are grouped into batches for production. For example, on Ford.com ordering system each model of vehicle of the Mach-E has different timing. Some models are 20+ weeks, some are 28+ weeks, some are 30+ weeks.

🤷‍♀️
I understand what your suggesting, but if you want me to pay £1000 premium to have a purple car or another £300 for the funky steering wheel, then perhaps the delivery should equally be premium rather than a reason to keep bumping the build.

My issue with my order is in many ways not the time/delay, it is just the complete lack of regular proactive updates - even if that’s to say no change (which would in itself be progress rather than another delay!)

·
Registered
27 Posts
My issue with my order is in many ways not the time/delay, it is just the complete lack of regular proactive updates - even if that’s to say no change (which would in itself be progress rather than another delay!)
I hear you! Frustrating.

I had a reservation for a Fisker for a while (until new car dimensions were announced and it is wayyyy bigger than I thought) and even with that I didn't know what # in line I was. Granted, building hasn't started yet, but still. Was I number 9,000 or 19,000? I'm trying to time my purchase around the date my warranty will expire on my current car. Proving impossible to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hear you! Frustrating.

I had a reservation for a Fisker for a while (until new car dimensions were announced and it is wayyyy bigger than I thought) and even with that I didn't know what # in line I was. Granted, building hasn't started yet, but still. Was I number 9,000 or 19,000? I'm trying to time my purchase around the date my warranty will expire on my current car. Proving impossible to do.
I'm in the queue for the Ocean. That is the car I really want, but I need a car around April, when my son gets his drivers license and takes possession of my car.
Was on the fence with the Q4 and Tesla MY. Wife had a strong preference for the Q4, so cancelled the MY order.
Now looking at March/April for US deliveries. That is a maybe, since all we get from Audi is crickets. Fisker starts production (also maybe) in November, and I don't know where I am in the queue. Definitely 2023 delivery.

Will drive the Q4 until the Ocean arrives. Will then either give Q4 to the wife or sell it.

Crazy times

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in the queue for the Ocean.

Crazy times
Totally crazy, bizarre times.

The Fisker looks likes it’s going to be very cool. I love the look of it! Fingers crossed production does start in November and timing works in your favor. At least they have a contract signed with the factory. And it’s made where the i-Pace is made which is also a positive. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in the queue for the Ocean. That is the car I really want, but I need a car around April, when my son gets his drivers license and takes possession of my car.
Was on the fence with the Q4 and Tesla MY. Wife had a strong preference for the Q4, so cancelled the MY order.
Now looking at March/April for US deliveries. That is a maybe, since all we get from Audi is crickets. Fisker starts production (also maybe) in November, and I don't know where I am in the queue. Definitely 2023 delivery.

Will drive the Q4 until the Ocean arrives. Will then either give Q4 to the wife or sell it.

Crazy times
March April in US is 1-2 cars for some dealerships and thereafter we can order our specific Q4. Given what I am reading here, I don’t know if we will see anything before late this year in US. :/

·
Registered
17 Posts
That Ocean looks very interesting. If the prices are anywhere near what the press seem to be suggesting, then the Q4 will have some very serious competition. In round numbers, the base Ocean is half the price of the Q4 50 with very similar performance and a better range.

·
Registered
60 Posts
From Parkers about lead times in ov 2021....

'It’s also worth knowing that some of the current lead times are affected by the fact the UK has sold out of its annual allocation of some cars, so it’s actually demand rather than parts supply that is behind certain lead times.'

A UK spokesperson added: 'The Group expects an overall improvement in semiconductor supply by the end of the year, but the bottlenecks are likely to continue into the first half of 2022. We aim to address the high order backlog as quickly as possible in the interests of our customers. Where opportunities arise from component supplies, we will add additional production to reduce customer waiting times.'

Skoda has an interesting perspective on this given the lengthy delays to deliver new Enyaq models to customers. 'The recent Covid-19 outbreaks in Asia have forced semiconductor manufacturers based there to drastically reduce production. This is having a severe impact on the entire automotive industry, but we are working intensively to meet the current challenges as best we can,' said a spokesperson.

He added: 'We expect that the semiconductor supply situation will stabilise in the second half of 2022'.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Welcome to my world mate, early August order and now late October 2022 build. Be 18 months by the time it’s in the country 😡.

Hoping it comes forward but not hopeful.

Although the leasing company are still adamant it’s going to be delivered by 31/3/22 😂

I’ve honestly given up chasing now, hoping for a nice surprise at some point, we shall see…….

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wonder if some orders placed at same time and same spec are delivered at different times if say 1000 from UK are built then 2 months later another 1000 are built and so on.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi - newbie to the forum here. Ordered a Q4 35 Sport base model in October 21. Currently down for build week 36 - October 22 but also been told that this isn't cast in stone yet so it's a bit of a moving feast. Not great.
From Parkers about lead times in ov 2021....

'It’s also worth knowing that some of the current lead times are affected by the fact the UK has sold out of its annual allocation of some cars, so it’s actually demand rather than parts supply that is behind certain lead times.'

A UK spokesperson added: 'The Group expects an overall improvement in semiconductor supply by the end of the year, but the bottlenecks are likely to continue into the first half of 2022. We aim to address the high order backlog as quickly as possible in the interests of our customers. Where opportunities arise from component supplies, we will add additional production to reduce customer waiting times.'

Skoda has an interesting perspective on this given the lengthy delays to deliver new Enyaq models to customers. 'The recent Covid-19 outbreaks in Asia have forced semiconductor manufacturers based there to drastically reduce production. This is having a severe impact on the entire automotive industry, but we are working intensively to meet the current challenges as best we can,' said a spokesperson.

He added: 'We expect that the semiconductor supply situation will stabilise in the second half of 2022'.
makes sense the first bit anyway, I was even told last week that pebble grey is a popular colour and may cause delays, I think they are just clutching at straws tbf

1361 - 1380 of 1491 Posts