Audi e-tron Forum banner

Q4 order lead times

793K views 5K replies 372 participants last post by  Andym1986 
#1 ·
Just started the process of ordering a new Q4 but haven't been given an indication of lead time yet. Has anyone ordered a Q4 recently and been given a delivery date? If so how long have you got to wait?

#3 ·
I ordered in May, was given week 6 2022. I placed my order through Audi Germany's diplomatic program and they managed to bring delivery forward to week 29 2021 (next week). In the mean time I was told there is a delay of at least 2 weeks. Not have a final date yet. Looking at German dealer sites the lead time is up to a year right now.

#14 · (Edited)
I have delivery same this week(29) but dealer says last week, he don’t see VIN yet but week stays as is 29.. ordered back in May- so I am waiting what happens - I am also curious if dealers sees delivery week and not a built week or even exact day when is car planned for built( that was my previous experience with other brands)

#113 ·
Hi, little update from the dealer. VIN has been assigned to my order which means car is built or being built. Original build week was not accurate (even though they said "confirmed build week" and dealer didn't have any additional info until today.)

Hope you all don't have wait too much. Will update as I know more.

#15 ·
They should have the build week. Delivery depends on where you are located. For UK the cars go by train to Emden and than by boat to UK. Last time my Audi was in port 2 weeks waiting to be shipped. Once the car in in UK it should take little time. Within Europe should be faster.

#16 ·
I assume same but dealer still refer to delivery week that doesn’t make sense to me. Even on last Friday they confirmed delivery week 29(current ). Shipping to Slovakia is quite fast just one week.So my only assumption why they don’t see VIN is that it should be built week 29 not delivery.

#18 ·
My dealer just wrote me an email stated car is in production put on hold for missing one part to get finalised but that should be done in few days so I hope is right, I hope even Audi doesn’t want to keep not finished cars somewhere and are priority to them 😂

#34 ·
What was your order date?

I ordered a Q4 40 Sport (C&S and tech pack) 24th July and he said anywhere from October to March 22...how long after order did you get an update? I'm so impatient - think I just need to forget about it for a few months or I'll drive myself mad!

#26 ·
BW27 update: i ordered my Q4 on 3rd June in UK, advised at time delivery eta late September by dealer but a couple of days later was given build week 27 (1st week July) with expectation build Zwickau - train to Emden - ship to Grimsby - to Dealer by end July / early August. Had email from Audi UK end of June saying going into build, but 3 weeks later dealer said its not come out (not passed through Quality Control QC) and so no VIN/chassis number. Without that, can't order podpoint wallbox in UK. Also, been told due to chip shortage may only come with one remote key and one dumb key, with 2nd remote circa end of year. Best guess is now end Aug (so i will wait for 1st Sept to take on, no point registering one week before 71reg). Rumour is a combination of chip shortage / covid / german flooding has caused issues to stop any of them leaving QC. (me : Q4 40 edition 1 Navarra Blue C&S and heat pump. didnt do Tech peck and still unsure if i should have done that v extra range heat pump gives!!!!)

#28 ·
April 31, 2021 I have ordered a Q4 40 e-tron launch edition S competition Navarra Blue full options with the 21" "5-arm-rotor-aero" design rims.
Expected delivery mid July. A few weeks later a call from my dealer, delivery has been postponed to the end of August.

Last Thursday another call from my Audi dealer, very bad news, the car can be delivered but without sunroof, tow bar, heat pump and tinted rear windows.

That was a setback, however, the seller indicates that Audi Netherlands can order the car again under the same batch number, with all the options that I had ordered, but the delivery time is unknown and the expectation is to deliver at the end of this year early 2022.

I could therefore immediately complete the car with the extra options that have been supplemented in the meantime.

Didn't have much time to think about it, so yesterday decided to cancel the order and order a new configuration:

Q4 45 e-tron launch edition S competition full options with the 21" "5-arm-rotor-aero" and as extra options:
pebble grey
Adaptive cruise assist with emergency assist
Adaptive cruise control with speed limiter
Parking aid plus

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

I see it as a "lucky accident"
In the Netherlands you could first order an S Competition only in:
Black / White / Navarra Blue but I've been crazy about Nardo Gray for years and Pebble Gray is very similar to this despite being slightly lighter in color.
and immediately changed to the 45 E-tron, which has just become available to order

in the end still happy with my order

#30 ·
April 31, 2021 I have ordered a Q4 40 e-tron launch edition S competition Navarra Blue full options with the 21" "5-arm-rotor-aero" design rims.
Expected delivery mid July. A few weeks later a call from my dealer, delivery has been postponed to the end of August.

Last Thursday another call from my Audi dealer, very bad news, the car can be delivered but without sunroof, tow bar, heat pump and tinted rear windows.

That was a setback, however, the seller indicates that Audi Netherlands can order the car again under the same batch number, with all the options that I had ordered, but the delivery time is unknown and the expectation is to deliver at the end of this year early 2022.

I could therefore immediately complete the car with the extra options that have been supplemented in the meantime.

Didn't have much time to think about it, so yesterday decided to cancel the order and order a new configuration:

Q4 45 e-tron launch edition S competition full options with the 21" "5-arm-rotor-aero" and as extra options:
pebble grey
Adaptive cruise assist with emergency assist
Adaptive cruise control with speed limiter
Parking aid plus

View attachment 2450

I see it as a "lucky accident"
In the Netherlands you could first order an S Competition only in:
Black / White / Navarra Blue but I've been crazy about Nardo Gray for years and Pebble Gray is very similar to this despite being slightly lighter in color.
and immediately changed to the 45 E-tron, which has just become available to order

in the end still happy with my order
shame those alloys aren’t available in the UK

#35 ·
Hey all first post for me. Really interesting forum and good knowledge sharing, love it!

I ordered my Q4 50 Vorsprung with Heat Pump & Function Pack from my local Audi Dealer early July and with a current estimated build week 37 so mid September hopefully. Dealer seemed pretty convinced it was a solid date but I'm not so sure...

Seen a lot of people saying there are delays with the 50s so also just DM'd Audi UK on Facebook as somebody suggested they are quite good at giving updates... will post one if I hear one 😀

#39 ·
I will be looking at around Oct - Nov to order for a July 2022 delivery of a Q4 Sportback through work. My issue is that you can't spec it how you want it. For example if you want privacy glass you need to get an S Line or above. You can't specify the 19" wheels on an S Line and you can't spec a panoramic roof unless you go for Vorsprung trim.

I would love a Sport trim Sportback 50 (or 45) Quattro with 19" wheels, privacy glass and panoramic roof, reversing camera and HUD but prefer no leather please.

Audi say that ordering the packs help save you money because the most common options come together at a cheaper price than if you bought them separately. I don't need the virtual cockpit but would like a HUD. I don't need the improved sound system or the extra cruise control options in C+S pack, but would like a reverse camera. Surely it would be cheaper for me to simply get a HUD and a reverse camera as options rather than the complete C+S and Tech Pack?

IMHO it would be nice to have the option when picking an Edition 1, of removing the pointless and expensive matrix lights with dynamic indicators and using the savings to pick a much more useful panoramic roof. I really don't care if people in other cars can see my indicators "dynamicing".