Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
Q4 E-Tron 40 S Line
26 Posts
I got chatting to a guy in my gym today who is on his second E-Tron and has been driving them since 2019. I mentioned the software issue and he said it was the same for them until they got the update that allowed scheduling etc and since it has been great. Fingers crossed after the big update is done and OTA is enabled we will be in a whole different world. Hindsight, maybe don’t jump on a new model until it’s been out for a couple of years and teething problems are ironed out, suspect all manufacturers will have similar with new models as being quick to market far outweighs quality issues for customers who already bought: I guess if they were open about the issues it would limit sales.
Today, car manufacturers have all adopted the 'Microsoft' style of product quality and stability. 'Just dump a buggy platform on the customer and let them find the problems'...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I had my Q4 at the dealer for a couple of days, they believe there was a problem with the 12V battery giving all sorts of errors (couldn't start the car).
Anyway, I asked them about the update and there was still none available. They said it will be rolled out in batches, typically following the build-week schedule, so lets see when something shows up for any of us here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Our late november delivered 40 s-line has the same versions as everyone else.

The logging in of the MMI being unavailable whilst not critical to the cars functionality was a very surprising omission from Audi on a publically available car. As someone who works in vehicle design and manufacture, I was genuinely shocked to find out that it doesnt work.

Very bizzare

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any more news?, and is there a way I can get a link to a build/software schedule?

I have the same reverting back to the 70s and privacy message popups. Also my car likes to alert me to border crossings that i need to pass through to exit Tescos. I know there were some odd Brexit decisions but that one I missed until now! Thanks Audi (y):unsure:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had my Q4 at the dealer for a couple of days, they believe there was a problem with the 12V battery giving all sorts of errors (couldn't start the car).
Anyway, I asked them about the update and there was still none available. They said it will be rolled out in batches, typically following the build-week schedule, so lets see when something shows up for any of us here.
Today my car would not start (luckily at home) , tried multiple times. 1728km in.
Eventually towed to Audi garage, arriving there the car started again but stopped every few meters. So for sure something is not right.
Feel am being punished of being an early adaptor:confused:. (which is relative for EV in general, but it seems harsh reality for Q4) Very curious what the finding will be.
And whatever the outcome I'll be starting my Q4 with my fingers crossed in the future.
Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Car Gauge

·
Registered
8 Posts
2022 Audi Q4 E-Tron gets shorter fast-charging times
On new models in Europe; unfortunately, this isn't a software update for current owners

WTF??

What a disappointment....... Lack of respect towards existing q4 owners NOT giving priority to fixing the basic issues in today's software. Audi really needs to step up regarding software.... If they can't prove this in 2022, this is for me the last Audi.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I emailed the Press Guy at Audit, and he confirmed to me that this new software would only be available for new models. He said the following :
At the moment the update is only available for new models. But we want to improve our products continuous.
We will inform our customers about a possible update in the coming months.
Thank you for your understanding.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I just got confirmation from Audi Denmark that the update will indeed improve charging times for existing Q4’s, only models with the big battery though.
i guess hopes of getting it in this quarter are gone - I have a feeling it will be a while.

·
Registered
Q4 50 SB S-Line - A4 Avant B9
74 Posts
There are news about ID.3/ID.4 and new SW updates coming out:
for SW 2.4
and
for 3.0

I heard that Audi will implement this in an update around/not before June this year.
Thanks for the share! I've been yesterday to my dealer to solve the leasing I got on my current car. I've extended it until end of this year as I need a car and don't want to play with expected delivery dates on my future Q4 (fyi, ordered a Q4 50SB, full black and full options except roof and towbar, week 40 2021(9th of October), 1st ETA on week 11 2022 (yes, last week :) ), then 13, then 16, then 20 and yesterday 23, unconfirmed of course).
I said that if it goes above week 26, I will cancel my order and wait for 2-3 years before ordering a new EV.
He "agreed/understood/apologize/offered me a coffee" and dropped one phrase: "by week 26, you'll get at least the new software". I don't know if it's a joke or if this release is really around the corner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am afraid there will be very few of these new features in Audi Q4s. I've received also yesterday the news from my 🇨🇭 dealer (👋 Stevans ). Even the charge rate will be different in Q4 40 vs 45 & 50 with this update.

With current SW all Q4 charge 5-80% in 38 minutes according to Audi's specs.

With the models produced after week 8/22 it will become : 110kW peak (vs 100) for the 35 and 135kW peak (vs 125) for 40,45,50.
BUT charging times from 5 to 80% SoC will become :
  • 36 min for the 35
  • 29 min for the 40 (nice)
  • 36 min for the 45 and 50 (because of different battery "construction" wtf!?)

According to the internal note for Switzerland there is no indication of when and how this will be available as an update to Q4 produced up to week 7/22.

Week 13 will also bing the new screen size + updated software + myAudi main driver + privacy screen dismiss once and for all for main user
To be noted, 360 cameras should be produced starting w17/22 (used to be w13/22 a few week ago..)

[Added] Note that nowhere Audi mentions that the battery will be pre-heated when an HPC Charger is set as destination in the GPS, which is a shame as I read a lot of ppl charging at 50-80kW this winter...

I am seriously doubting VW group to be able to merge the ID/MEB updates easily and completely with Audi overlays / architecture. As we say in French "un tiens vaut mieux que deux tu l'auras" (seems it translated with "a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush"), so being like St Thomas myself I do not trust Audi to effectively roll out updates to the fleet still in 2022.

As of my personal Q4 50 order, with no planned date (because of 360 cameras it seems), I am 99% about to cancel it and move to a e-tron Sportback 55 for almost the same leasing costs for 3 years. Production confirmed w20 and e-tron does not seem to be impacted by the current shortages (only few options unavailable like 22kW onboard charger, phonebox, homelink...)

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for the share! I've been yesterday to my dealer to solve the leasing I got on my current car. I've extended it until end of this year as I need a car and don't want to play with expected delivery dates on my future Q4 (fyi, ordered a Q4 50SB, full black and full options except roof and towbar, week 40 2021(9th of October), 1st ETA on week 11 2022 (yes, last week :) ), then 13, then 16, then 20 and yesterday 23, unconfirmed of course).
I said that if it goes above week 26, I will cancel my order and wait for 2-3 years before ordering a new EV.
He "agreed/understood/apologize/offered me a coffee" and dropped one phrase: "by week 26, you'll get at least the new software". I don't know if it's a joke or if this release is really around the corner.
Ha Ha.. He's probably winging it! I'm never sure what to make of VAG car sales people. I've not met one yet that seems to know anything about lead times or factory issues, let alone anything about the vehicle itself! 🤣

·
Registered
14 Posts
So have been talking to the dealership and the twitter account of Audi to no avail
No one knows when the current cars will get the software update.
The new cars are being shipped with it though.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts