Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Q4 E-Tron 40 S Line
11 Posts
I got chatting to a guy in my gym today who is on his second E-Tron and has been driving them since 2019. I mentioned the software issue and he said it was the same for them until they got the update that allowed scheduling etc and since it has been great. Fingers crossed after the big update is done and OTA is enabled we will be in a whole different world. Hindsight, maybe don’t jump on a new model until it’s been out for a couple of years and teething problems are ironed out, suspect all manufacturers will have similar with new models as being quick to market far outweighs quality issues for customers who already bought: I guess if they were open about the issues it would limit sales.
Today, car manufacturers have all adopted the 'Microsoft' style of product quality and stability. 'Just dump a buggy platform on the customer and let them find the problems'...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I had my Q4 at the dealer for a couple of days, they believe there was a problem with the 12V battery giving all sorts of errors (couldn't start the car).
Anyway, I asked them about the update and there was still none available. They said it will be rolled out in batches, typically following the build-week schedule, so lets see when something shows up for any of us here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Our late november delivered 40 s-line has the same versions as everyone else.

The logging in of the MMI being unavailable whilst not critical to the cars functionality was a very surprising omission from Audi on a publically available car. As someone who works in vehicle design and manufacture, I was genuinely shocked to find out that it doesnt work.

Very bizzare

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any more news?, and is there a way I can get a link to a build/software schedule?

I have the same reverting back to the 70s and privacy message popups. Also my car likes to alert me to border crossings that i need to pass through to exit Tescos. I know there were some odd Brexit decisions but that one I missed until now! Thanks Audi (y):unsure:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've not had border crossing messages, but the "beware poor visibility" warning is a fine example of form over function.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had my Q4 at the dealer for a couple of days, they believe there was a problem with the 12V battery giving all sorts of errors (couldn't start the car).
Anyway, I asked them about the update and there was still none available. They said it will be rolled out in batches, typically following the build-week schedule, so lets see when something shows up for any of us here.
Today my car would not start (luckily at home) , tried multiple times. 1728km in.
Eventually towed to Audi garage, arriving there the car started again but stopped every few meters. So for sure something is not right.
Feel am being punished of being an early adaptor:confused:. (which is relative for EV in general, but it seems harsh reality for Q4) Very curious what the finding will be.
And whatever the outcome I'll be starting my Q4 with my fingers crossed in the future.
Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Car Gauge

21 - 28 of 28 Posts