Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
So have been talking to the dealership and the twitter account of Audi to no avail
No one knows when the current cars will get the software update.
The new cars are being shipped with it though.
I was told it's usually rolled out to Germany first and then elsewhere a few weeks later. Frankly I've given up pursuing it. When it finally arrives I'll spend 2 months mashing the MMI when I get in the car before I unlearn the muscle memory of dismissing the privacy screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honestly…I’ve already forgot that one day we might get a software update that, in my case, switches on my 360 cameras, will allow me to program the charging times, that will allow me to open/close the car remotely and so on…things that are a standard on my Mini Cooper SE which costs less than half of my Q4 1st Edition….at least i still like the car but I know how to learn from my experiences….

·
Registered
69 Posts
Honestly…I’ve already forgot that one day we might get a software update that, in my case, switches on my 360 cameras, will allow me to program the charging times, that will allow me to open/close the car remotely and so on…things that are a standard on my Mini Cooper SE which costs less than half of my Q4 1st Edition….at least i still like the car but I know how to learn from my experiences….
Hmm. The 360 camera is interesting. It's something that a lot of other manufacturers' cars offer as standard but it doesn't even appear in the UK spec' for a Q4 at all! Bearing in mind that we have to pay extra just to get a reversing camera, you'd think that they'd throw in the 360 camera feature with it (all cars already have a foward facing camera so the hardware is all there already).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hmm. The 360 camera is interesting. It's something that a lot of other manufacturers' cars offer as standard but it doesn't even appear in the UK spec' for a Q4 at all! Bearing in mind that we have to pay extra just to get a reversing camera, you'd think that they'd throw in the 360 camera feature with it (all cars already have a foward facing camera so the hardware is all there already).
The 360° parking cameras were removed from the option list in early 2021. They were a casualty of the global semiconductor shortage just like the wireless phone charging. They are likely to become available again when the supply chain issues ease.

The 360° view needs four cameras (front, rear and both wing mirrors) and associated electronics for image processing. They certainly aren’t fitted as standard, but I’ve heard some reports that early Vorsprung trim models may have them present but deactivated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 360° parking cameras were removed from the option list in early 2021. They were a casualty of the global semiconductor shortage just like the wireless phone charging. They are likely to become available again when the supply chain issues ease.

The 360° view needs four cameras (front, rear and both wing mirrors) and associated electronics for image processing. They certainly aren’t fitted as standard, but I’ve heard some reports that early Vorsprung trim models may have them present but deactivated.
Exactly! Mine is one of those cases. I have all the 4 cameras and none of them is working! I think i will loose my patience and i will take them to Court!

Can someone of this group provide me contacts from Audi in Germany? From someone that knows what is doing and can follow my topic with results?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I Must have seen this pop up 7-8 times since November on our Q4.

Not once has anything ever been different afterwards.
Dear Audi, It's about time almost 1 year later we get the software we deserve for 60K worth of car.
Yesterday indeed probably most Q4 owners got the useless popup message again ("webservices installed successfully")and something was installed. God knows what...

Next to still NOT being able to perform basic tasks, these updates always delete the navigation favorites. Home/Work addresses all gone !! (again.....) I'm simply ignoring my cars navi because of this.

Congratulations on giving us half baked software and zero service regarding "real" worthwhile updates on a frequent basis, like every other respectful EV brand does. My wife recently got a new VW (petrol) and it felt like the software was 10 versions ahead of my Audi.

Vorsprung durch Technik ??? Don't think so....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I decided to engage with Audi on twitter by criticising the crappy app in comparison to other manufacturers. After a pointless set of direct messages where they confirmed my car reg they then tell me to email Audi with my issues.

·
Registered
Q4 e-tron 35 S-line in Narvarra Blue
134 Posts
Hi, I’m afraid that’s all I got and after sending emails to Audi Digital and Audi customer service! It’s almost as if they know but won’t take responsibility.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've been looking at alternative cars (new launch cars - with a delivery forecast early next year). They all seem to have software and app functions fit to go, especially if the Demo cars are anything to go by. I don't know if it's because of Google Integration or not, but what joy it must be to jump into a car and everything works.

Bring on 2023.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've been looking at alternative cars (new launch cars - with a delivery forecast early next year). They all seem to have software and app functions fit to go, especially if the Demo cars are anything to go by. I don't know if it's because of Google Integration or not, but what joy it must be to jump into a car and everything works.

Bring on 2023.
I share your sentiment. Having something working on these over price out of date cars would be nice.
I'm still trying to work out if the 2023 Q4 will do V2L (Vehicle to load) or have OTA updates enabled like the other MEB cars have. Then there's the question of the app.
May be Audi should run by VW because their performance is woeful so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I share your sentiment. Having something working on these over price out of date cars would be nice.
I'm still trying to work out if the 2023 Q4 will do V2L (Vehicle to load) or have OTA updates enabled like the other MEB cars have. Then there's the question of the app.
May be Audi should run by VW because their performance is woeful so far.
Looks like they have many problems with software…

·
Registered
Q4 e-tron 35 S-line in Narvarra Blue
134 Posts
I think you will find that under Options on the price list for the car. I should have ticked that box!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have received my Q4 40 10 days ago after almost one year waiting.
My software version seems to be newer than what I see here:

Font Screenshot Technology Darkness Multimedia

Font Darkness Multimedia Screenshot Terrestrial plant

I am not sure if this is new: I can set up advanced charging settings establishing different locations -GPS saved- with different charging time windows and with a charging target percentage:

Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device Multimedia

Font Screenshot Rectangle Technology Software

Font Screenshot Number Darkness Symbol

Yesterday I programmed my home charging point. I had to erase the charging windows in my WALLBOX device. Otherwise my Q4 showed a red light in the charging port. It seems this car doesn´t accept my wallbox in standby status.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 69 Posts