Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago I put down a deposit for a Q4 without specifiying the $5,400 Progressiv or $8,400 Technik package. (Komfort is the only trim level in Canada.) I'm considering the Progressiv package and the $750 Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop&Go option.

My questions are as follows:

1. The Komfort trim is shown to include "cruise control", not "adaptive cruise control". I want adaptive cruise control but don't care about "Stop&Go". Do I need the "Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop&Go" option (with or without the Progressiv package) to have adaptive cruise control, or does that option merely add the "stop&go" feature to adaptive cruise control, with the latter being standard in the Komfort trim? (It seems inconceivable to me that Audi would offer non-adaptive cruise control.)

2. The Komfort trim specification makes no mention of "navigation", whereas the Progressiv package includes "MMI Navigation plus". Is there no navigation support without the Progressiv package? How would using iPhone through Apple Carplay for navigation compare to the use of MMI Navigation plus?

3. I plan to add floor mats and a cargo mat. In the past I've always used WeatherTech products for that, and have been very happy with them. I was quoted $599 for the "e-tron accessories package". I believe that includes floor mats but I don't know what else (mud flaps?). (I'll ask.) What is your opinion about using WeatherTech mats instead of Audi mats?

·
Registered
7 Posts
1. The Komfort trim is shown to include "cruise control", not "adaptive cruise control". I want adaptive cruise control but don't care about "Stop&Go". Do I need the "Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop&Go" option (with or without the Progressiv package) to have adaptive cruise control, or does that option merely add the "stop&go" feature to adaptive cruise control, with the latter being standard in the Komfort trim? (It seems inconceivable to me that Audi would offer non-adaptive cruise control.)

2. The Komfort trim specification makes no mention of "navigation", whereas the Progressiv package includes "MMI Navigation plus". Is there no navigation support without the Progressiv package? How would using iPhone through Apple Carplay for navigation compare to the use of MMI Navigation plus?

3. I plan to add floor mats and a cargo mat. In the past I've always used WeatherTech products for that, and have been very happy with them. I was quoted $599 for the "e-tron accessories package". I believe that includes floor mats but I don't know what else (mud flaps?). (I'll ask.) What is your opinion about using WeatherTech mats instead of Audi mats?
Komfort really is bare bones… it will indeed just be a basic cruise control. Adaptive cruise and stop and go are really the exact same feature, just at different speeds! I think they separate them out still, like a number of other manufacturers because originally when they were developed, adaptive cruise came out first, and stop and go a few years later.

As komfort includes the smartphone interface, I’d assume you’d have access to android auto and apple carplay for nav. But it will indeed eliminate any factory nav from the car. Where the biggest difference with these ev’s not having nav built-in will be shown, is trying to do route planning for longer trips, with remaining range taken into account. Without nav, you’ll be required to do a little extra work with a third party app. If battery pre-conditioning were a thing in this car, then you’d absolutely want built-in nav.

the Audi winter mats are good, but don’t offer the side protection like a weather-tech Matt. I’d wait until you can see the Matt’s in person,

having owned many Audis I personally would never buy the Komfort package. Too many basic features missing for me that I think should be standard, but it’s how Audi gets their lower base price to get people to consider the brand is my thought.

biggest is the safety features, note that many of them are just warnings, not active assist.

in order to realize the gas savings over a combustion car, you have to keep these cars for a long time. If your planning on driving this car for 6-8 years, do you really want to start out with a car that has the options today of a car that’s already 5 years old? Not me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Komfort really is bare bones… it will indeed just be a basic cruise control. Adaptive cruise and stop and go are really the exact same feature, just at different speeds! I think they separate them out still, like a number of other manufacturers because originally when they were developed, adaptive cruise came out first, and stop and go a few years later.

As komfort includes the smartphone interface, I’d assume you’d have access to android auto and apple carplay for nav. But it will indeed eliminate any factory nav from the car. Where the biggest difference with these ev’s not having nav built-in will be shown, is trying to do route planning for longer trips, with remaining range taken into account. Without nav, you’ll be required to do a little extra work with a third party app. If battery pre-conditioning were a thing in this car, then you’d absolutely want built-in nav.

the Audi winter mats are good, but don’t offer the side protection like a weather-tech Matt. I’d wait until you can see the Matt’s in person,

having owned many Audis I personally would never buy the Komfort package. Too many basic features missing for me that I think should be standard, but it’s how Audi gets their lower base price to get people to consider the brand is my thought.

biggest is the safety features, note that many of them are just warnings, not active assist.

in order to realize the gas savings over a combustion car, you have to keep these cars for a long time. If your planning on driving this car for 6-8 years, do you really want to start out with a car that has the options today of a car that’s already 5 years old? Not me.
That's extremely helpful, answering all my questions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
From the look of how fast those cars are getting built, there will be weathertech mats by the time you get your car. Also we still don’t know the options for MY2024. Or maybe 2025. I’m losing faith seeing my car anytime soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts