Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the US market: Now that the ID4 is released with price/spec/etc, any thoughts on how the Q4 will stack up in terms of those prices and specs?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Last I read is that the Q4 E-Tron will start at $45k or so. Which should put right about where the ID4 maxes out when loaded. So that should work out rather well as VW works to fill in out their vehicle lineup. I suspect the ID4 will be relatively popular for those who want a better-built vehicle than a comparable Tesla. It won't be setting any records for EV range, but more than enough for the majority of drivers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for the response. As a follow up, has it been mentioned when the Q4 will officially go public... Other than in 2021?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Thank for the response. As a follow up, has it been mentioned when the Q4 will officially go public... Other than in 2021?
I haven't read anything new. But with the pandemic and expected later US launch versus the UK, wouldn't be surprised to see it pushed until late 2021. We'll see!

·
Registered
346 Posts
We should see the typical crossover in pricing of similarly sized Audi's and VW's. That is, a top of the range ID.4 priced like a low trim Q4. @scdald21 what price range are you after (budget?) and what specs are you hoping to see within that? I might have some ballparks for you.

·
Registered
163 Posts
As far as specs go, here's what VW released for the ID.4 so far.

Battery: 77 kWh
Range: 520 km / 323 miles (WLTP)
201 horsepower (Rear electric motor)
0-100 km/h - 8.5 seconds
Top speed - 160 km/h (99.4 mph)
Ground Clearance - 8.26 inches
Length - 4.58 meters (180.3 inches)
Storage space - 543 litres with seats up (19.2 cubic feet) and 1,575 litres with seats folded (55.6 cubic feet)
DC quick charging: 320 km (198.8 miles) of range in 30 minutes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
We should see the typical crossover in pricing of similarly sized Audi's and VW's. That is, a top of the range ID.4 priced like a low trim Q4. @scdald21 what price range are you after (budget?) and what specs are you hoping to see within that? I might have some ballparks for you.
Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated. If the new Q4 is going to be $45K, what are your thoughts on the upgrade packages?

Looking at the current Etron, they have the Premium Plus ($8,900), Prestige Package ($13,200), and the Convenience Plus Package ($3,500). Thoughts on what those might run for the Q4? Hopefully these number will be out before the end of the year, but I'd would be nice get a ballpark figure like your mentioned.

Also, I hope that the $45,000 version is the 82kw battery, and not the smaller version.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Car and Driver is estimating

Q4 e-tron premium - $45,000
Q4 e-tron premium plus - $50,000
Q4 e-tron Prestige - $55,000

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated. If the new Q4 is going to be $45K, what are your thoughts on the upgrade packages?

Looking at the current Etron, they have the Premium Plus ($8,900), Prestige Package ($13,200), and the Convenience Plus Package ($3,500). Thoughts on what those might run for the Q4? Hopefully these number will be out before the end of the year, but I'd would be nice get a ballpark figure like your mentioned.

Also, I hope that the $45,000 version is the 82kw battery, and not the smaller version.
Going with that $45k starting price and basing e-tron Q4 upgrade packages off of the similarly priced 2021 Q5, I'd say +$7,000 for the Q4 Premium Plus and +$12,000 for the Q4 Prestige Package. Other trims, options and packages should follow a similar pricing pattern.
I'll try to get some official numbers, unless someone here beats me to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts