Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Same here, I have not noticed any particular difference in the sound levels between cooling and heating (except for the blower settings). The heating/cooling is pretty much handled by the same system (compress the air to dehumidfy and also cool it; use the heat pump to bring it up to temperature). That is under conditions ranging from mid-40's to upper-80's deg F.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok So what Percentage change does one see on the range if you turn the AC on? And what percentage change do you see when you turn the heater on?
For example let’s say my car fully Charged and shows a range of 180...this is when I turn my car on and without any AC or heater. how much will it drop if In the case if I turn my ac on? And how much will it drop when I turn my heater on?
This is what happened to me as well. With climate control on it dropped another 15-20 kW. In the end there was nothing I could do. I traded it in. It is not 230 miles as advertised.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've noticed that my consumption at 50 deg F when the heater is engaged is noticeably higher than when the AC is on at 110 deg F. I would have expected the heat pump heating function would be the same as the AC function.
One interesting thread I came across pointed out the importance of proper tire pressure. Efficiency drops as the tire pressure drops below optimal. In you 50 vs 110 deg F driving, have you maintained proper tire pressure? A 50 deg drop in temp would most likely lead to underinflated tires and a loss in efficiency.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts