Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What range should I get from audi etron 50 on 80% charge?
Currently getting 109 miles and car only charges from drivers side.

·
Registered
2020 etron 50 Black Edition
57 Posts
I have a 50.. and firstly you should be able to charge from both sides.. and secondly range is dependent on the average mi/kWh you have been driving at.. but normally I am getting 165 at 100% - this is based on my average being around 2.2-2.3, which for a 71 kWh battery makes sense..

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Also, it can take a week or so of your driving around before the GOM settles down to start giving you realistic numbers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, the car is my wife's and we' ve had it for 10 months and it only really does a limited range becauseher work us within 5 miles.
Could this be the issue?

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
260 Posts
You've had your 50 a month longer than I've had mine. We (my wife and I) get your 80% predicted range at 65% state of charge.

The 50 has 64kWh usable battery so your GOM is effectively saying you are averaging around 2m/kWh. That's OK especially if you're doing short journeys and using climate control. We're regularly achieving 2.5m/kWh and above when temperatures are 10°c and above to give you a comparison.

In terms of range, sounds like the car is fine. But you should be able to charge using AC type 2 on both sides. DC CCS on driver's side only of course.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the reply, the car is my wife's and we' ve had it for 10 months and it only really does a limited range becauseher work us within 5 miles.
Could this be the issue?
I have had an E-Tron 50 for an identical amount of time and the GOM is based on driving style and trip type. When you say 5 miles are they urban, rural, motoray etc?

If you are doing less than 5 files to work first thing, then 5 miles back after 7-8 hours then the car never warms up to peak temperature. Under those circumstances I would say you are lucky getting 2.0 - 2.1ish mi/kwh. My work is just under 20 miles and a round trip on A roads, Motorway and urban can get me 2.7 mi/kwh at an average speed of 50mph.

My average mi/kwh over the 10 months of ownership is 2.4 mi/kwh. Or about 140 miles Winter and 170 Summer. A friend at work with an E-Tron 50 tends to be a bit more lead footed and he was convinced his car was broken because he was only getting ~145 in the Summer compared to my ~170. I reminded him I tend to drive at speed limits or slighty less and he drives at speed limit + 10%, as he thinks that's when you are really breaking the speed limit. His E-tron 50 is sitting at 2.0 for a similar 10 months of ownership.

Sorry but I think that was just a long way of me saying there's nothing wrong with your car if you only drive short trips a few times a day.

Put it on a charge for an hour to warm the batter pack up, then take it for a longer run of around 50-60 miles on a motorway without the A/C running to get an idea of efficiency (ignore the GOM). If it is a decent day at ~15c with no rain and mild wind, then you should get ~2.4 - 2.5 Mi/kwh at 70mph over a return trip. Then take that number and multiply by 64.7 (useable battery amount) and that will give you your total approximate range.

If you are geting 2.5 mi.kwh then that equates to roughly 160 miles of range and would indicate all is OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts