Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
When I first got my Prestige in Dec 2019 with the double pane glass, I was amazed that I could not really hear my garage door open or close. I told myself I would NOT want to be in charge of assuring the fit and finish! I have yet encountered any rattle problem that was not my fault (something in the glove box?) and not fixable. There is an occasional body creak and I hear a little creaking from the brakes now and then, but that is only because the interior is so quiet.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,304 Posts
that matches my experience as well - I had a truck next to me on the highway the other day and could barely hear anything at cruising speed. Now that I am Audi-spoilt, the next car will have to be even better. The bar keeps on going up :)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,304 Posts
I can almost bet it has simply to do with luck on whether everything is done right during manufacturing or not. With Edition One unit, I want to believe they put some more care into assembly early on.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I have an intermittent console rattle, maybe in the glove box area, that is a little annoying. Audi took a look at it, but no real resolution. It only happens with certain slightly rough roads that shake the cabin slightly. Considering how quiet EV motors are and the great job Audi did with eliminating external noises, I'm not surprised that every little squeak and rattle, sounds that would be lost in the noise in an ICE vehicle, tends to stand out. This takes cabin design to the next level (here's looking at you, Tesla!).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Had a really bad rear suspension rattle - sounded like an old pickup truck with bad shock absorbers - that only occurred in cold weather (below -5C). There's a service bulletin covering an issue with rear shocks mounting points. There's also the classical front passenger safety belt clip holder, which can slip all the way down when nobody is sitting in the passenger seat, and make the seat belt latch bang on the side panel. Just lift it all the way up.

·
Registered
2022 e-tron Sportback
179 Posts
Sorry to resurrect such an old post! Rattles drive me nuts! I have easily traded or sold a dozen cars over the years ONLY because of unwanted interior noises. I would take actual mechanical breakdowns and dealer visits over rattles.

My new '22 Sportback e-tron is bank vault solid and not a single rattle, even on horrible Los Angeles roads, or driving through bumpy canyons. Audi has their head up their ass*s when it comes to the app, but the build, fit, finish and quality of the e-tron is truly outstanding. I find e-tron build quality to be on par with Bentley, and honestly better than Rolls-Royce!

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron Sportback, Prestige
4 Posts
The rear cargo cover on the sportback seems to slowly loosen itself from the latch which causes a small rattle over bumps, I'm sure I would never hear this sound in a car with an engine. Has anyone experienced this? it's a quick fix since I just have to twist the lock back into place every now and then, but still a small annoyance

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just wondering how solid the e-tron is. Does anyone have any rattles or is this a rarity in the e-trons?
I am getting an annoying rattle/clunk in the center console area as well. When I go over bumps or a sharp turn. I’ve stripped everything out of the car and it’s still there. I’ve had it just over a year and it’s just started. When I take it in I’ll see what the dealership can do.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I am getting an annoying rattle/clunk in the center console area as well. When I go over bumps or a sharp turn. I’ve stripped everything out of the car and it’s still there. I’ve had it just over a year and it’s just started. When I take it in I’ll see what the dealership can do.
Yeah, in my 2019 SUV there is an intermittent rattle that seems to be coming from around the glove compartment in my car.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Not really. Audi tried and I tried a few times but it keeps coming back. I'm not sure, but it may be related to the dash covering below the glove box. It seems to be a simple plastic sheet that can shift around a bit. I'm thinking it might slip into a position so that it vibrates against the side from time to time. What's interesting about the rattle is that big bumps don't really seem to cause it. It is smaller more frequent car shaking (from road roughness) that sets off the rattle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a rattle I'm going to get looked at in a few weeks, the ambient lightbar strip on the front passenger door by where the passenger would put their elbow, a little above that, is loose and when going over the slightest inconsistencies in the road will hear annoying vibrations and rattling. I had to jimmy rig a solution in the meantime and put a piece of small insert plastic wedged in between the bottom of the lightbar and the door.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts