Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my regen (pressing left paddle ) auto disengages after some seconds. Is there a way to turn that off? I like the one-pedal driving style, and that appears to be the closest we can get.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
I only noticed auto-regen disengages when battery is topped up to the limit (everyday 80% SOC), but that does make sense - battery is at max expected SOC, no need to regen automatically.
For the manual regen, I think it will disengage every time you press the accelerator / brake. At least that is what I have been observing.

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
256 Posts
Yep its auto regen. Unfortunately going manual is the only way to avoid that issue but then you lose some of the perks of auto-regen like the slowing down when approaching obstacles or keeping the distance to the car in front...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep its auto regen. Unfortunately going manual is the only way to avoid that issue but then you lose some of the perks of auto-regen like the slowing down when approaching obstacles or keeping the distance to the car in front...
Yeah, ‘xactly. I want both.

·
Registered
142 Posts
In Auto Recuperation, a paddle setting is forgotten when you next touch the brake IIRC. I liked that mode's ability to slow down for cars in front but was less keen about it's inconsistency and (when it did work) it's over-conservatism about slowing for other hazards. My default setting now is Manual Recuperation but in that mode, while a paddle setting persists generally, after using and then disengaging cruise, it's forgotten and I like cruise a lot.

I don't often do a lot of driving on dual-carriageways / motorways but, when I do, I put it back to Auto Recuperation for the slowing down for cars thing. Full adaptive cruise came with an overly expensive option pack.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I’ve tried both and find they both have merits. Auto disables regen when you use the accelerator however, it lets you roll a bit longer if you lift off, giving some more range over time. With the manual mode, I find the car feels like there is a bit of a drag on the vehicle when you are accelerating and as soon as you lift off

·
Registered
424 Posts
In Auto Recuperation, a paddle setting is forgotten when you next touch the brake IIRC. I liked that mode's ability to slow down for cars in front but was less keen about it's inconsistency and (when it did work) it's over-conservatism about slowing for other hazards. My default setting now is Manual Recuperation but in that mode, while a paddle setting persists generally, after using and then disengaging cruise, it's forgotten and I like cruise a lot.

I don't often do a lot of driving on dual-carriageways / motorways but, when I do, I put it back to Auto Recuperation for the slowing down for cars thing. Full adaptive cruise came with an overly expensive option pack.
I use manual too for the same reasons you do. I'm never confident with the consistency of regen braking. Manual mode gives me the assurance of a consistent, predictable outcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts