Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 e-tron Premium Plus
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for feedback. First, I have had nitrogen in my car tires for over 20 years and was shocked that NO Audi dealer in my area offers nitrogen and it is especially odd since Roger Penske owns at least two of the dealerships.

My car came with Continental Cross Contact LX Sport 265/45 R21 108H Extra Load Radial Tubeless
My Car is a 2022 e-tron Premium Plus

My manual says that:
Normal 3 people load: 35 psi front. / 38 psi rear
Dealership says "comfort setting" is 32 psi for all 4 tires --- which seems way too low to me.

Does anyone have any input for pressures for these tires?

Thanks in Advance

P.S. -- best part - car was delivered with drivers-side: 35 psi / passenger-side: 32 psi (yep that is correct not front to back but right to left)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I have the same tires on my 2019MY SUV and follow what is shown on the inside of the Driver's door post. 32 sounds low to me, as well. Underinflating the tires will reduce you range, since the car will not be able to coast as well. It's just my personal feeling, but at the posted pressures the car is quite comfortable. I'd say, first try the posted pressures and see if you can achieve a good comfort level for yourself by trying the different Drive Modes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So here is a question that just crossed my mind: when I swap the 21 inch OEM tires for 20 inch winter tires (Nokian studless Hak’s), will the recommended tire pressure change? I have been following the recommendations on the sticker on the post.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
So here is a question that just crossed my mind: when I swap the 21 inch OEM tires for 20 inch winter tires (Nokian studless Hak’s), will the recommended tire pressure change? I have been following the recommendations on the sticker on the post.
To
I pretty much stick to the pressures listed on the post. Those are supposed to be car-specific, not tire specific. If you are within a couple of psi of those numbers, I'm sure you are OK.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The manual lists two sets of tire pressures: one for the car fully loaded down and one for the car being filled to usual load. What is posted on the door jamb is the fully loaded tire pressure. This is why I printed a little check-card sized table with all the pressure values. I do not remember the numbers for 20 inch wheels from the top of my head. But they may be similar, I think the 19s were mostly different.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
The manual lists two sets of tire pressures: one for the car fully loaded down and one for the car being filled to usual load. What is posted on the door jamb is the fully loaded tire pressure. This is why I printed a little check-card sized table with all the pressure values. I do not remember the numbers for 20 inch wheels from the top of my head. But they may be similar, I think the 19s were mostly different.
Maybe I got that card from you: I have a 2019 Quattro SUV

For 255/55 R19 111H 39/42 (psi F/R) NORMAL; 41/44 (F/R) MAX
For 255/50 R20 109H 35/38 38/41
For 255/45 R21 108H 35/38 39/42

·
Registered
2022 e-tron Premium Plus
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I compared the manual to the B pillar and the B pillar is max pressure. Thank you to all for your taking the time to respond. I am going to initially try the manual normal 3 people load since 99% of the time it is just me in the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts