Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a message on my app to say the vehicle was insecure as the window was open - I don't use the rear windows but checked and it was up.

To try and resolve the message I put the window down and then tried to put it back up again. It goes up, gets to the top and goes straight back down again.

I have contacted my local Audi garage who are 40 miles away and they have said they can look at it for me in 6 weeks - which is the soonest appointment.

I spoke to Audi UK to ask if they could speed things up as the vehicle is insecure and they said "Afraid not, try phoning around other Audi garages to see if they can fit you in sooner"...

Any ideas how I can resolve myself as waiting 6 weeks to get a window sorted is crazy, probably a 20 min job and my car is not secure for the next 6 weeks while I wait.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
If I'm reading this correctly, you are saying your car IS likely secure, but you get a window-open error for a closed window? If that is the case, you might try doing a "full shutdown and startup" of the car to see if going into the deepest sleep will clear the error.

1) while in the car, roll up all the windows and close the sunroof; 2) stop the car, get out, and lock all the doors by pressing the lock button on the fob twice within five seconds (Ferry Mode--locks the doors and deactivates the motions sensors); keep the fobs far from the car and do not use the MyAudi app for at least three hours.

If that doesn't clear the error, then you may have a faulty sensor. The good news is that, most likely, the car is secure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The window IS now open.

The window wasn't open when the car reported it was. I put the window down and back up, when it reaches the top it goes back down by itself.

Pressing and holding the close button locks and closes all windows but this one opens itself again.

The window is now open and won't close, Audi can look at it for 6 weeks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
This sounds like the force sensor kicked in dropping the window down again. This would be hard to avoid as rolling the window back down is usually the default reaction. You could try to roll the window up and turn the car off when it is at the top. You may have to do this with the driver door open.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This has happened on a bunch of my cars over the years, owning Audi's since 2002. Check the rubber at the top of the window frame for any debris. Even wipe it with a wet cloth. It could be the pinch detector in the window.

If that doesn't help, when the window gets to the top hold the window button of the window that is affected up for 10-20 seconds to see if that resets it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Almost certainly the force sensor is detecting resistance (or is faulty itself).

Possible temporary work around. You can 'fool' these sensors by 'helping' the window to close, you may need someone to assist.

With the door open stand so you can get your hands to both sides of the door. Then get someone to operate the close button. As the window rises, gently apply pressure to each side of the glass so that you effectively grip it and then with a little upward force help the window all the way up.

It may take a few goes but you should get it closed. You will then have to leave it closed unit you can take it to the dealer but it will be secure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tried all the above with no resolution.

Unable to hold the switch with the glass at the top as the glass won't stay at the top.

Audis lack of interest/speed in resolving is my biggest annoyance.

·
Registered
2019 e-Tron 55 Premium Plus with Full Driving Assistance
147 Posts
I had a similar problem with the right passenger window. I could roll it up step-wise by pulling the window button half way, but as soon as the window was all the way up, it lowered itself half way. Went home, locked the car and in the morning the issue disappeared. Although at that point, automatic window lowering stopped working for that window. Right when I wanted to go to the dealer I noticed that all was working fine. The car fixed itself. Waddyanow? 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a similar problem with the right passenger window. I could roll it up step-wise by pulling the window button half way, but as soon as the window was all the way up, it lowered itself half way. Went home, locked the car and in the morning the issue disappeared. Although at that point, automatic window lowering stopped working for that window. Right when I wanted to go to the dealer I noticed that all was working fine. The car fixed itself. Waddyanow? 🤷‍♀️
Exactly the same issue as mine then, but mine hasn't resolved - already been a couple of weeks trying to find a solution while waiting for my appointment with Audi.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally sorted, Audi reported that is was a software issue and a software update sorted it.

They also applied a new software update to the battery module that will apparently help range - thought this was just for the 55, but apparently now for the 50 too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts