Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Only had my e tron 55 quattro for a month now and has started to really get used to the recuperation feature with the two paddles, it allows so much more braking power without too much asking on the brakes and at the same time, get generated power back into the bank so this is a win win really! But because it allows so much braking, i was wondering the other day whether it would actually turn the braking light on or not because safety wise, this features really decelerate the car quick and it would, IMO, requires ir. anyone know?

·
Registered
186 Posts
It does. I wondered about it at the lower level but noticed it one night when driving and activated it. When Tesla were first on the road, when driving behind them I wondered why these folks have to be using the brake so much. After test driving one and seeing how the 1 pedal driving thing works, I realized the brake lights come on whenever you lift off the accelerator and the car starts it's regen cycle, which is quite strong in the Tesla. You can rest assured that folks behind you will see the brake lights when the regen mode is slowing the vehicle down.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you have the 360° camera option and are using it in 3D mode (and lowish speed) you can see them come on on the screen. This isn't perhaps terribly useful...

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
and are using it in 3D mode (and lowish speed) you can see them come on on the screen
... or ask a significant other to drive the car around and just put it into regen mode, drive by, and observe ;) It was one of the first things I did because I was curious myself as to whether brake lights come on in regen state - they do. Regen = brake = folks behind need to know you're slowing down. No lights in coasting mode, though :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts