Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my etron sportback for 3 weeks now and love the recuperation effect to maximise range. I have it on auto and also use the paddles when coming to a stop. With some careful driving I'm getting a 100% charge equivalent range of 262 miles.

But i've only just realised that the rear brake light is being constantly used during all of this. I must look a right idiot to the following vehicles. e.g. I may have one regen worth applied during a long downhill etc and the brake light is constantly on for over a mile.

This has made me feel a bit self conscious and I think I will be using less regeneration in future.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That’s uncanny, I just wrote a similar comment in this thread: Paddles v brakes

Perhaps this is a market/region specific thing as others don’t seem to have noticed it. I look in the rear view mirror at night time and can see the reflection of the brake light on the number plates of following vehicles when regeneration kicks in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My advice would be to not worry what others think, you're doing your bit for the planet/environment so keep re-genning!
That said from a safety point of view, people following will not know when you are actually breaking for real, potentialy in an emergency brake situation, so it could be quite dangerous in edge cases. Hopefully they'll just keep their distance but hopefully Audi can tweak the settings with a future update perhaps?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anyone have a dealer-installed Brake Plus package? I'm wondering if the flashing brake lights go on when we slow down with the paddle??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts