Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know that there has been a lot of discussion about the app lately so I thought I'd see if anyone has had this issue before: When I open the app, the climate control automatically tries to start. It tells me that it's starting but just keeps going without ever starting the system. Any thoughts on this? Thx.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
So longing in and out did not help me. Does anyone have any other Sugg?
Has is worked for you in the past? If so, how long has it not been working. I have a 2019 etron and the climate control via the MyAudi app works--mostly. Sometimes it will work in the morning, but not later the same day. Then there are periods where it stops working for several days (or more) and then starts working again. My first response now is to do nothing. The app is notoriously flaky.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For the most part it’s worked consistently for 2.5 years. Not sure what has knocked it offline. It’s really annoying. Mine is a 2019 e-tron as well. Love it! (when it’s doing what it should 😂)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I tried remote climate from the quick start round circle last night and it failed. Temps were only in the 50's, so not a big deal, but still, would really like to have a little consistency in this app!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
For the most part it’s worked consistently for 2.5 years. Not sure what has knocked it offline. It’s really annoying. Mine is a 2019 e-tron as well. Love it! (when it’s doing what it should 😂)
It sounds like you have had better luck than me! I recall one instance where it suddenly stopped working for almost 3 months and then, all on its own, it started working again.

·
Registered
2022 e-tron Sportback
166 Posts
Tomorrow marks 4 weeks with my new '22 e-tron and remote climate has worked for me ONE time only. My past EVs were BMW i3S, Jaguar I-Pace, Tesla Model Y and 2 plug in BMW hybrids and I do not think I ever had a failed remote climate command. Don't understand why the Audi is so bad.
Yes, we have poor cell service at our house, but all other EVs worked just fine with the remote apps. I honestly feel like my new '22 Audi does not have an app :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
iOS updating showing for me as of today, version 4.8. Here are screen grabs of the app change notes and the new look. But functionality is exactly the same (climate control won't work) and now the stupid "Link Vehicle" dialog box has moved to the very top. :cautious:

Font Screenshot Multimedia Electronic device Software
Output device Gadget Font Line Audio equipment

·
Registered
74 Posts
....are you saying "climate control won't work" is part of the functionality?
LOL, no. Sorry, I was not clear. I'm saying the app update changed nothing as far as current functioning. The remote climate start hasn't been working from the app for weeks, and I would have hoped an app update might fix that (or get rid of that stupid "Link Vehicle" message), but unfortunately the only thing that has changed is the UI/appearance, not any functionality. How embarrassing that Ford, Hyundai, Chrysler, and any other budget or mid-level vehicle manufacturer can have a decently functioning vehicle app, but Audi cannot.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
LOL, no. Sorry, I was not clear. I'm saying the app update changed nothing as far as current functioning. The remote climate start hasn't been working from the app for weeks, and I would have hoped an app update might fix that (or get rid of that stupid "Link Vehicle" message), but unfortunately the only thing that has changed is the UI/appearance, not any functionality. How embarrassing that Ford, Hyundai, Chrysler, and any other budget or mid-level vehicle manufacturer can have a decently functioning vehicle app, but Audi cannot.
LOL, maybe you didn't mean that, but I did!:) Since the 4.8 update, I can't even get a SOC/Range estimate from the car. App is now totally worthless.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So I've logged out of my Audi iPhone app and back in, and nothing changed. I wonder if I logged out as the key user in my e-tron and then log back in ... nah. I've done that once to try it, and it was a PITA to get out that plastic strip to find my key user number, and THAT took some time to log back in (like over 24 hours), and everything in the vehicle was reset, and app functionality was the same ol' garbage.

Up until now I generally leave things and they fix on their own in a relatively short period of time. This is the longest executing vehicle functions hasn't worked for me.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
So I've logged out of my Audi iPhone app and back in, and nothing changed. I wonder if I logged out as the key user in my e-tron and then log back in ... nah. I've done that once to try it, and it was a PITA to get out that plastic strip to find my key user number, and THAT took some time to log back in (like over 24 hours), and everything in the vehicle was reset, and app functionality was the same ol' garbage.

Up until now I generally leave things and they fix on their own in a relatively short period of time. This is the longest executing vehicle functions hasn't worked for me.
The longest I have had no connection has been six weeks. And then suddenly it started working. There are some other posts from the last couple of days where people has said Audi Connect told them there was and outage. Like you, I have found the best response is to just wait. You might hold off a few more days.

·
Registered
251 Posts

When I bought my GT, I took a picture of my key user number so I wouldn’t have to worry about losing it.
I can just bring it up in my iPhone if I need it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My app hasn't been working for a week and Audi doesn't seem to be able to fix this. I've removed myself as the key user, updated the app, logged in and out and nothing seems to work. Audi says that it will take 2-4 weeks for a response. They don't seem to have a clue.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts