Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
If you find out then please let me know. ;)

Actually I don't think that it can be done. As you will find there are a few bizarre omissions of functionality within the car and this appears to be one of them.

I had my first built-in sat-nav in a car (Volvo) some 20 years ago and that had the required functionality.

It seems weird that the Audi designers require us to commit addresses to our own memories when the car could so easily do it for us.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is strange indeed. I have never known a satnav without that functionality. I ll contact audi support to see what they say about it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You can do it with the browser app on a PC via this screen:

And you can do it via the 'phone app thusly:

As a point for further discussion, it's my belief that the favourites appear to be held on your account on the my Audi servers. So they won't be available to your car unless it's logged into your myAudi account. This is all well and good when you have an account but it may be the case that, if you don't renew after the initial period is up (3 years in the UK) they disappear.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Fantastic :)

Thanks for that. I had not considered that it would have to be done separately from the car - it works a treat.

When the car has them the favorites can easily be set up as shortcuts in the car itself.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Alas, the on-line web based version of this which was accessible on a PC appears to have been withdrawn by Audi :(

It was nice while it lasted, just the app implementation now.

Oh well, that's progress I suppose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts