Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all not sure if you experienced this. I was in heavy rain on the weekend and when I used the camera while reversing it seemed like I had water condensation over the camera obscuring my view.

Has anyone else had this?

·
Registered
250 Posts
It gets dirty easily. If you operate the rear wash wipe while in reverse it squirts a bit of washer fluid on the lens. This works quite well. But, as I typed this I realise this is the Sportback part of the forum and you guys don't have rear wiper. Check your manuals but I reckon you'll still have a squirty thing...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
It gets dirty easily. If you operate the rear wash wipe while in reverse it squirts a bit of washer fluid on the lens. This works quite well. But, as I typed this I realise this is the Sportback part of the forum and you guys don't have rear wiper. Check your manuals but I reckon you'll still have a squirty thing...
At least in my 2019MY SUV, when the car is showing the rear camera in the display, I can tap the three dots at the lower right and that brings up a screen with the "Clean Rear Camera" option, I tap that and the car flushes windshield fluid over the camera. It usually takes 3 or more attempts before the fluid starts to come out. I think it takes time for the fluid to make it's way to the back of the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks I’m going to have a look for this.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Even when so dirty that the cleaning button does not do the job I find that the fact that it wets it is enough to enable the extreme grime to be easily wiped off with a finger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts