Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all
I should have posted this earlier but I got a little busy. Anyway, on January 9th I picked up my 2019 Audi e-tron from Texas near San Antonio and drove all the way to Northern Washington State, I left the dealer in Texas around 6 PM Saturday and arrived home 11:30 PM Tuesday, I slept three nights on this trip, in COVID friendly hotels. I didn’t do any sightseeing,I was just straight on driving.
Many asked me why didn’t I have the car shipped to my house and the problem was that we could not find anyone that was willing to ship the car from Texas to Washington state, the car stayed at the dealership lot for almost 2 weeks so I finally had enough and decided to fly there and drive it back.
I was absolutely dreading the drive back because it was my first electric car and I had absolutely no idea how long the charges were going to be and what was the range before I needed to charge. But I am extremely glad that I did the trip because I have learned so much about the car that I would’ve probably never learned had I just had it delivered. Going through Texas I hit some parts were the temperature was below 30° and my range got affected so I was getting about 160 to 170 miles per charge, I had everything ON, my heated and massage seats, adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist and of course the heater. In California on the contrast I was getting way more than 200 miles unfortunately I wasn’t really keeping good track of the mileage and range as I was just trying to get home as fast as I can. It was a very comfortable trip, I had absolutely no issues charging at electrify America, I was pretty much hopping from one charging station to the other and in California I would skip one charging station sometimes because I had more range to make it to the next.
The most inconvenient thing I had to do in electrify America was move from one charger to another (not because it wasn’t working it’s just that I wasn’t getting 150 kW per hour ) and sometimes if I didn’t feel like moving I would call them and the customer support would reboot the machine and within three minutes I’ll be up and charging.
most of my charging was done at electrify America at Walmart, by the time I plug-in, walk into Walmart use the facility’s, buy something to drink and head back to the car it would be already at 90%.
now I know in cold weather you should expect a lot less range.
I absolutely love the car I just wish it had just a little bit more range. And I say that because I drive a lot I’ve already put over 7000 miles on the car since January 9th. (2300 miles of it was the trip from Texas). Love the car, solid build, so far everything works 100%. I got Audi connect Care and Connect Prime, works great so far.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
71 Posts
Well, I had my vehicle shipped from CA to CO using one of dealership transport companies. In retrospect, it was the most hassle free solution and I did not want to go through the trip in a new car especially with winter conditions on the roads. Now waiting for DMV to get my tags issued and then I am switching over 100% to electric but keeping my trusty Q5 diesel behind for emergencies as a backup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts