Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned Tesla for few years but just bought an e tron 2019. I find it very bothersome that when e tron comes to a stop on incline it tends to roll back or forward. I almost hit a car on red light. Salesman told me that if I push brake, it hold car in STOP for few seconds. Or keep your foot on brake padal.it is kind of annoying!
Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
In the UK it is.

Car > Swipe right > Setting and Service + Hill hold assist.

You Americans with your Vehicles! 👊 😁

·
Registered
19 Posts
Most of this would be mitigated by having a creep function rather than relying on hold assist. Would seem really easy to implement, but probably will never see it in the eTron.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Once enabled, look for the hold assist icon in the instrument cluster (green A with a circle around it), so you know when it's active. You'll have to get into a habit of pushing the brake pedal enough to actually trigger hold-assist. Then you can release the brake. With regen braking, I noticed at times I wasn't using quite enough brake pressure to trigger hold assist and it would still roll back.

See Page 94 in the owner's manual for more info. ;)

Would love to see a true one-pedal driving option so that's not necessary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have owned Tesla for few years but just bought an e tron 2019. I find it very bothersome that when e tron comes to a stop on incline it tends to roll back or forward. I almost hit a car on red light. Salesman told me that if I push brake, it hold car in STOP for few seconds. Or keep your foot on brake padal.it is kind of annoying!
Any suggestions?
You can set it on brake hold in vehicle settings. When you you stop completely it with hold you from moving, a green brake hold light will come on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Once enabled, look for the hold assist icon in the instrument cluster (green A with a circle around it), so you know when it's active. You'll have to get into a habit of pushing the brake pedal enough to actually trigger hold-assist. Then you can release the brake. With regen braking, I noticed at times I wasn't using quite enough brake pressure to trigger hold assist and it would still roll back.

See Page 94 in the owner's manual for more info. ;)

Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any suggestions?
The latest software automatically turns off what they call Hill Assist, but you can turn it back on from the Settings screen. I forget the path to it but if you poke around on the screens you will find it or look in your manual.

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
81 Posts
That would be really nice. I'm finding the brakes to be grabby, with a lurch at the end of a stop. The hold mode (AKA one pedal driving) I'm used to from Teslas works great on inclines - no rolling in either direction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts