Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening,

As the title suggests, I'm looking for roof bar feet/adapters for an eTron without the flush roof rails, so ones that will affix to the door jambs. Obviously not expecting to find anything eTron specific yet, but is there any that would be compatible?

It's a Audi eTron 50 Technik, in the UK if that helps!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was not aware that you could get the eTron bald. At least in the US I think the roof rails are standard.

... someone will correct me :/ haha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

They're optional in the UK. I didn't realise that until it turned up!

·
Registered
36 Posts
They're optional in the UK. I didn't realise that until it turned up!
Yes just been looking at this little challenge myself.

Thule seem to have the option to add racks, check it out here put your model details in and voila

Apologies, I either misread or it's disappeared; the Thule site currently doesn't offer a roof rack for bare roofed e-trons. Although Thule and Audi do offer roof racks for other bare roofed Audis... hopefully they will offer a solution in the future.

I'm looking at the rear mounted boxes. Thule is way too expensive, but considering you'd need a towball, cycle/box rack and the box itself... its going to be £500 - £1000, but lots of options are out there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Audi website suggests the roof rack attaches to the rails. I know Volvo cars can be fitted with a roof rack that bolts into a couple of small holes inside the top of the door frame. Is there a similar arrangement on your car?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi 1978

I've got a similar problem, I also forgot to order the roof rails on the eTron 50.

I already have a Thule Wingbar system with bike racks, so ideally I want to reuse that, but with different clamps.

The Halfords website seems to suggest the following may be compatible: Thule Evo Clamp 7105.

I haven't actually taken delivery of my car yet, so I haven't been able to confirm whether that fits. I'd be interested in hearing how you get on...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, same issue here - looks like they removed that Thule from the site - actually there are a load of them returned on amazon - bet they were etron owners! Here in Ireland they have the Advance 50 like on the continent but with a totally different spec similar to the UK technik but hate the Standard aeros - should’ve gotten 20s.

·
Registered
90 Posts
hate the Standard aeros - should’ve gotten 20s.
My e-tron came with the 20s and I wanted the 19s (for range, comfort, and I think they look cool). Dealer said wheels are actually tied to the VIN and can't be changed until after the sale. I didn't bother pushing it after I bought the car.
What do you hate about the aeros, is it just the looks?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Evening,

As the title suggests, I'm looking for roof bar feet/adapters for an eTron without the flush roof rails, so ones that will affix to the door jambs. Obviously not expecting to find anything eTron specific yet, but is there any that would be compatible?

It's a Audi eTron 50 Technik, in the UK if that helps!
Hi, did you manage to get a solution? Bought a Technik also and have checked Thule but no option for roof rack if no roof rails present.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, did you manage to get a solution? Bought a Technik also and have checked Thule but no option for roof rack if no roof rails present.
Yeah the solution was to go on holiday in my old A4 which does have the bars! The only plausible option seemed to be getting some adapters fabricated to fit the 'universal' style mounts that sit on the roof and clamp inside roofline, but didn't go through with it in the end.

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
I’m quite sure you cannot put a roof rack on the car without the rails. We are all so used to seeing rails as a cosmetic feature we forget that they where originally intended on cars as a storage / travel feature. For attaching roof racks and boxes. Sales people should point this out at point of sale. It’s one aftermarket addition that can be done. (Anything can be done) but it’s very expensive. Not many body shops would take it on. Not many owners would pay the silly costs. In the UK it’s £450 as a factory option. You would think they would want to up sell them at POS. They look cool and practical. I added them to a Q5 aftermarket and it cost £2300!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts