Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone bought the Audi or any alternative roof cross bars? The Audi one online it costs significantly more than the one available for the Taycan which seems odd, although they are different, the Audi one looks like it is perhaps square shaped, the Taycan version looks more aerodynamic. Anyone know if the roof cross bar mounting points are identical so that the Taycan ones would fit the e-tron GT? Thinking of ordering the Taycan ones and giving it a go

Audi carrier bars:

Taycan cross parts (excuse me - "Roof transport system")

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In case anyone else was curious, I answered my own question, I went ahead and ordered the Taycan cross bars and they fit perfectly. Just in time for the first snow here. Even a wild turkey cane by to check them out!

Not sure why they are cheaper than the Audi ones, they look more like the aerodynamic style vs. the images of the Audi one it looks like they are square (which I though that style would be typically cheaper). There is a little bit of Porsche branding on the cover of the foot but you'd have to be really up close to see it.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Car Vehicle Snow Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive parking light Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks.
Has anyone else done this? Just ordered at GT, but need to find a solution so we can put my boys bike on the car when we go out to various places for a day trip.

presumably the cross bars can be fairly easily removed when I’m not moving the bike about!?????

·
Registered
160 Posts
Im interested in getting roof bars for my road trip in S5 but would like them to be compatible for the GT too. I was in my Audi dealership today and they said they would be different sizes but may find more universal options elsewhere . Does anyone know of any? Ive gone on the thule website and doesn't have Etron GT in the car spec menu. Any advice or experience appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
In case anyone else was curious, I answered my own question, I went ahead and ordered the Taycan cross bars and they fit perfectly. Just in time for the first snow here. Even a wild turkey cane by to check them out!

Not sure why they are cheaper than the Audi ones, they look more like the aerodynamic style vs. the images of the Audi one it looks like they are square (which I though that style would be typically cheaper). There is a little bit of Porsche branding on the cover of the foot but you'd have to be really up close to see it.

View attachment 3171
View attachment 3172
View attachment 3170
Wow this looks great, have you tried a roof box? What is the impact to mileage?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! I only used it for skis and poles, no roof box. I only had it on Nov to last week so mileage took a hit of maybe 30% but it was probably just due to the colder weather. Never drove it in winter without the cross bars to compare against.

Wow this looks great, have you tried a roof box? What is the impact to mileage?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Looks like Audi and Porsche are charging £680 for a set of cross bars in Uk. Which is bloody extortionate if you ask me. I spoke to Thule today who confirmed they are releasing their own GT compatible set ‘within a month’ so i’d expect that to be far more reasonable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like Audi and Porsche are charging £680 for a set of cross bars in Uk. Which is bloody extortionate if you ask me. I spoke to Thule today who confirmed they are releasing their own GT compatible set ‘within a month’ so i’d expect that to be far more reasonable.
Great news as I need to get this monster fitted to the GT
Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Automotive carrying rack Automotive parking light

·
Registered
10 Posts
😂 Well let's see what Thule can come up with!

I had one of these to fit on as well!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive carrying rack

Joking aside its a 650 litre autoform roof box that has done some serious trips, so it will be massive on it, best thing is the colour matches the GT

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 22 Posts