Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All
Hope everyone is well and staying safe

Just placed my order for a rs e-tron gt and can't wait. Went for Daytona grey, body colour grill, 5 spoke alloys. I have had a few Audi's, currently have an RS5, but will be my first EV. I was never that tempted before but the more I look into it the more it makes sense.
Expecting delivery sometime in May :)

Spec Highlights
Daytona Grey
Black leather with red RS Design Pack
Grill in Body colour
21" 5 spoke wheels
Adaptive Air Suspension
Carbide brakes
LED Laser Lights
Exterior Carbon Package
Black styling pack
Carbon Roof
Acoustic Glazing
Privacy Glass
Sports Seats Pro, heated, ventilated, massage
Heated rear seats
Inlays in Carbon Twill
Advanced Key
Folding, heated, memory, dimming, Carbon wing mirrors
Head Up Display
Adaptive Cruise Assist
Audi Adaptive Cruise Control Assist
Audi Active Lane Assist w/Emergency Assist
Audi Pre Sense 360
Traffic Sign Recognition
360 Cameras
Audi Pre Sense Front/Side/Cross Traffic assist
e-Tron Sport Sound
Night Vision
Remote Park Assist Plus

·
Registered
658 Posts
Congratulations on your ETron! I must say I'm still a little undecided about the look of the front grille, but think it definitely looks best in the grey.

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
181 Posts
Fantastic congrats. Did I see that it has rear wheel steering?!

Looks like a great machine with serious horsepower.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations on your ETron! I must say I'm still a little undecided about the look of the front grille, but think it definitely looks best in the grey.
Cheers :) Yeah I feel the same about the new "inverted grill" look Audi are going for. The RS model has black or body colour. The Quattro model gets a light grey or body colour.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fantastic congrats. Did I see that it has rear wheel steering?!

Looks like a great machine with serious horsepower.
Many thanks :) Yeah both the RS and Quattro models come with rear wheel steering as standard :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi All

Just placed my order for a rs e-tron gt and can't wait. Went for Daytona grey, body colour grill, 5 spoke alloys. I have had a few Audi's, currently have an RS5, but will be my first EV. I was never that tempted before but the more I look into it the more it makes sense.

View attachment 1458

Spec Highlights
Daytona Grey
Grill in Body colour
21" 5 spoke wheels
Adaptive Air Suspension
Carbide brakes
LED Laser Lights
Exterior Carbon Package
Black styling pack
Carbon Roof
Acoustic Glazing
Privacy Glass
Heated rear seats
Inlays in Carbon Twill
Advanced Key
Head Up Display
Adaptive Cruise Assist
Audi Pre Sense 360
Traffic Sign Recognition
360 Cameras
e-Tron Sport Sound
Night Vision
Remote Park Assist Plus
Congrats on pre-ordering the GT @Horus! Did you consider the Taycan at all? Or were you set on the GT?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on pre-ordering the GT @Horus! Did you consider the Taycan at all? Or were you set on the GT?
Cheers :) I did consider the Taycan, but having had four Audi's already I appreciate their design language and the brand appeals to me more. More understated than Porsche. But more importantly I much prefer the look of the eTron GT to the Taycan, both inside and out.
The faster acceleration of the Turbo S was a draw, until seeing how many reviewers complained about it making them feel sick. The very slightly slower Taycan Turbo/RS e-Tron doesn't get the same comments. The only other thing that did make me second guess myself was the far greater configurability and customisation available at point of order.

Mostly though it comes down to a subjective and personal choice over appearance and brand.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome @Horus! Did you notice anything interesting or even missing when configuring your e-tron GT?
Thanks :) **** yes. If you compare the UK and (eg) German configurators there is a huge difference.

Choices in wing mirror housing
Choices of carbon/black plus optics package
Choices of single frame colour
Choices of sunroof/carbon roof
Choices in headlights/alloys/paint
Choices in interior finishes including non-leather option and leather/stitching colours
Choices in leather/alcantara heated steering wheel
Choices in seat options and headliner
Choices in inlays
Choices in door sills finish
Choices in floor mats
Choices in tech including Garage door opener, Tour-assist, Audi tracker (though I am told my dealer can fit these)
Choices in brake types

Some of those choices are missing entirely, such as alloy designs, inlays or paint colours. Some choices are restricted depending on what trim level is selected. Want a panoramic sunroof on the RS model? Then you are forced into the lower trim level, unable to select acoustic glazing, the RS design pack, any CF elements, nicer alloy, etc. And if you select the higher trim levels, you are unable to switch out to the cheaper panoramic sunroof. Its not really what's expected with high end cars. My dealership got the head of uk sales involved, he was unable to help despite agreeing that it was a problem. Perhaps it will change in the future. I came close to cancelling the order but then came to my senses. Its only a sunroof. And it can possibly be swapped out later instead of the CF panel.
But the lack of choice on the UK configurator sucks. Especially when it is available elsewhere. Even the images are much better on the DE configurator lol.

Reactions: Stretch9

·
Registered
159 Posts
Cheers :) I did consider the Taycan, but having had four Audi's already I appreciate their design language and the brand appeals to me more. More understated than Porsche. But more importantly I much prefer the look of the eTron GT to the Taycan, both inside and out.
The faster acceleration of the Turbo S was a draw, until seeing how many reviewers complained about it making them feel sick. The very slightly slower Taycan Turbo/RS e-Tron doesn't get the same comments. The only other thing that did make me second guess myself was the far greater configurability and customisation available at point of order.

Mostly though it comes down to a subjective and personal choice over appearance and brand.
I've heard the same thing about the Taycan Turbo S, if you're not paying attention the acceleration really slams you into the seat. It's definitely more subtle than the Taycan which suits the Audi brand so well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi All

View attachment 1458

Spec Highlights
Daytona Grey
Grill in Body colour
21" 5 spoke wheels
Adaptive Air Suspension
Carbide brakes
LED Laser Lights
Exterior Carbon Package
Black styling pack
Carbon Roof
Acoustic Glazing
Privacy Glass
Heated rear seats
Inlays in Carbon Twill
Advanced Key
Head Up Display
Adaptive Cruise Assist
Audi Pre Sense 360
Traffic Sign Recognition
360 Cameras
e-Tron Sport Sound
Night Vision
Remote Park Assist Plus
What I beautiful car, send pictures when you have this giant. 2 months to come and then :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What I beautiful car, send pictures when you have this giant. 2 months to come and then :)
Sure thing :) I can't wait hehe

·
Registered
2020 etron 50 Black Edition
27 Posts
Beautiful choice of machine. Very jealous. Ever since I took delivery of the e-tron SUV all I think about is the RS etron GT! Nice config. would be my choice .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have ordered Daytona grey with Santos brown but the peasant edition (not RS).

Spec Highlights:

Daytona Grey
Santos brown leather
Grill in Body colour
20" wheels
Adaptive Air Suspension
LED Laser Lights
B&O
Illuminated Scuff Plates
Ambient Lighting Plus
Acoustic Glazing
Privacy Glass
Sports Seats Pro, heated, ventilated
Heated steering wheel
Inlays in Carbon Twill
Folding, heated, memory, dimming mirrors
360 Cameras
e-Tron Sport Sound
Remote Park Assist Plus
Power steering plus
Air quality package

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just had an update and should be in production end of May, so should be with me by the end of June. :D

Beautiful choice of machine. Very jealous. Ever since I took delivery of the e-tron SUV all I think about is the RS etron GT! Nice config. would be my choice .
Cheers Rich :)

@Stretch9 Congratulations on the new order :) Nice colour choice hehe. Did you go for the panoramic sunroof? Wanna swap with my CF? :p

·
Registered
2020 etron 50 Black Edition
27 Posts
Just had an update and should be in production end of May, so should be with me by the end of June. :D

Cheers Rich :)

@Stretch9 Congratulations on the new order :) Nice colour choice hehe. Did you go for the panoramic sunroof? Wanna swap with my CF? :p
yes panoramic.. which is great. and love the wheels as they set it off well..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts