Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 RS E Tron GT
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had my RS E Tron GT, Y1 package, for about 1000 miles and 6 weeks now.

Styling / Looks
I have the black on black version. Carbon Fiber roof and black optics package.
Very good looking car. Lots of attention from others when it is parked.
Enjoy the fact that it is a good blend of the new car esthetic while still keeping the sport car feel to its overall appearance.
The view from the rear window is pretty small. I think backing up without the cameras would be difficult even though the side mirrors are generous for a car this size.

Driving Experience
Extremely well done. The launch control is truly an experience.
The immediate torque makes passing a breeze.
The car handles well and low center of gravity really hugs the road and curves.
Everything you read about the driver experience being awesome is true.

Charging
I have not yet had a chance to use the fast chargers, but have a road trip coming up so will keep you posted on that.

MMI
The sound system has a really good feel and bass to it.
The touch control dial in the center console has a bit of an awkward placement to me, but I am usually using the steering wheel controls anyway. I have gotten more used to the dial now and am starting to use it more.

The MMI Tech is where nearly all of my frustrations center:
Though this may sound simple and I agree is totally a first world problem, the MMI will not remember and keep your favorites. I use a mix of FM, online and Sirius so, admittedly, I have a more complex set of favorites. Nevertheless it is frustrating to go through the 6-700 sirius XM channels that are not well grouped and program in your 10-15 favorites only to have them randomly disappear. Its a very odd breakdown that I can not find a rhyme or reason to - they will work for a few days and be fine and then you get back in... gone. You set a few of the most commonly used and they last for a day or two and then disappear. You do it again and it may last 2, 5 or even 7 days. Then gone.

The lack of favorites would be less of a frustration if the wireless CarPlay functioned consistently. Much like the favorites feature, this will work for days or a week and then suddenly just drop and you get an incompatibility message. I have followed this issue for a while to make sure it was not related to some iPhone update that glitched it. Currently, I am having to 'forget' the car in CarPlay and reset it all about once every 7-10 days.

I had had similar issues with my 2019 e-tron and had been told it was most likely an issue with the communications module and that they would have to order one. Before they could resolve that, I traded in that car for a 2021 e-tron sportback. That car did not seem to have these issues. I suppose my expectation in the RS GT was that being even newer (and certainly more expensive, though I know that does not really mean anything in terms of the parts for the MMI) that it would have a better reliability.

Overall, I am enjoying the car except for those frustrating moments where the MMI fails. I think we have all just become so used to the tech being integrated into our lives that things like not being able to use use your voice to respond to text messages or make phone calls can be life altering. I am hopeful that Audi gets a fix out for this soon but I am not sure that is realistic either.

·
Registered
243 Posts
So I have had my RS E Tron GT, Y1 package, for about 1000 miles and 6 weeks now.

Styling / Looks
I have the black on black version. Carbon Fiber roof and black optics package.
Very good looking car. Lots of attention from others when it is parked.
Enjoy the fact that it is a good blend of the new car esthetic while still keeping the sport car feel to its overall appearance.
The view from the rear window is pretty small. I think backing up without the cameras would be difficult even though the side mirrors are generous for a car this size.

Driving Experience
Extremely well done. The launch control is truly an experience.
The immediate torque makes passing a breeze.
The car handles well and low center of gravity really hugs the road and curves.
Everything you read about the driver experience being awesome is true.

Charging
I have not yet had a chance to use the fast chargers, but have a road trip coming up so will keep you posted on that.

MMI
The sound system has a really good feel and bass to it.
The touch control dial in the center console has a bit of an awkward placement to me, but I am usually using the steering wheel controls anyway. I have gotten more used to the dial now and am starting to use it more.

The MMI Tech is where nearly all of my frustrations center:
Though this may sound simple and I agree is totally a first world problem, the MMI will not remember and keep your favorites. I use a mix of FM, online and Sirius so, admittedly, I have a more complex set of favorites. Nevertheless it is frustrating to go through the 6-700 sirius XM channels that are not well grouped and program in your 10-15 favorites only to have them randomly disappear. Its a very odd breakdown that I can not find a rhyme or reason to - they will work for a few days and be fine and then you get back in... gone. You set a few of the most commonly used and they last for a day or two and then disappear. You do it again and it may last 2, 5 or even 7 days. Then gone.

The lack of favorites would be less of a frustration if the wireless CarPlay functioned consistently. Much like the favorites feature, this will work for days or a week and then suddenly just drop and you get an incompatibility message. I have followed this issue for a while to make sure it was not related to some iPhone update that glitched it. Currently, I am having to 'forget' the car in CarPlay and reset it all about once every 7-10 days.

I had had similar issues with my 2019 e-tron and had been told it was most likely an issue with the communications module and that they would have to order one. Before they could resolve that, I traded in that car for a 2021 e-tron sportback. That car did not seem to have these issues. I suppose my expectation in the RS GT was that being even newer (and certainly more expensive, though I know that does not really mean anything in terms of the parts for the MMI) that it would have a better reliability.

Overall, I am enjoying the car except for those frustrating moments where the MMI fails. I think we have all just become so used to the tech being integrated into our lives that things like not being able to use use your voice to respond to text messages or make phone calls can be life altering. I am hopeful that Audi gets a fix out for this soon but I am not sure that is realistic either.
My experience with both wired, and wireless, CarPlay across multiple brands is almost exactly the same. Most of the time it works and I absolutely love it. Many times it won’t and its incredibly frustrating. However in almost every case, the function returns. Again I have had this happen in just about every car brand out there that has ApplePlay.

·
Registered
2022 RS E Tron GT
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried to get Customer Service on the phone so many times this week and have yet to speak to even one human. Severely disappointed and thinking maybe this was a bad purchase

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have tried to get Customer Service on the phone so many times this week and have yet to speak to even one human. Severely disappointed and thinking maybe this was a bad purchase
sorry this is frustrating, have you dealt with the dealer instead. They resolved my issues with glitches much faster.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I own an Audi RS etron GT and I see one big problem ... When driving in Dynamic or Economy mode the car is at a certain higher altitude ... and when you park so you have the front over the curb it's ok ... When you turn off the car and then you turn it ON again, but the car always goes into Comfort mode, which is lower than the previous two, which means that when you start, you slide down the curb with the front spoiler ...
I've heard this happens with other Audi models ... how can it be said that the car would stay in the same mode when it was started when you turned it off ... for example in Dynamic mode ...

please for quick advice .... and be carefull

·
Registered
147 Posts
I haven’t paid attention to whether my car changes this suspension height when parked. Only comment I have is that the lowest suspension height is in efficiency, and that dynamic and comfort seem to have the same height generally at least at lower speeds.

it could be height recovery, other cars I have may lose some of the raise and “recover” when you start the car. Otherwise they may drain down the 12v battery.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi,

I own an Audi RS etron GT and I see one big problem ... When driving in Dynamic or Economy mode the car is at a certain higher altitude ... and when you park so you have the front over the curb it's ok ... When you turn off the car and then you turn it ON again, but the car always goes into Comfort mode, which is lower than the previous two, which means that when you start, you slide down the curb with the front spoiler ...
I've heard this happens with other Audi models ... how can it be said that the car would stay in the same mode when it was started when you turned it off ... for example in Dynamic mode ...

please for quick advice .... and be carefull
I've had this happen. I can clear a curb when parking, only to have it scrape when I pull out. So I stopped parking deep over curbs, etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had this happen. I can clear a curb when parking, only to have it scrape when I pull out. So I stopped parking deep over curbs, etc.
yes ... I will stop too.. my friend who have the sam model of car has already twice had to change lower part of spoiler (each time 700€)
I have talk with quite a lot of Audi owners and a lot of them have the same problem... I do not know why Audi do not alow If you like to drive in Dynamic mode that you could fix it and change it when you want to... not to switch it from Comfort to Dynamic each time when you start car... ( or any other mode do not understand me wrong)

but It could be great for Audi earning service :( becoming my opinion....

best regards to all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts