Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Check your paperwork at the time of purchase.

If you opted-in to the "Multi-Coverage Protection Option," cosmetic wheel repair (nicks, scrapes, etc.) is covered up to eight (8) individual wheel repairs during the agreement term.

Here's a photo from the "Audi Pure Protection" booklet that came with our sales contract from Audi Financial Services:

Good luck!

·
Registered
2019 Audi e-tron Launch Edition 55
92 Posts
I feel your pain.. I was sick to the stomach after I scratched mine in a multi storey car park. I was amazed how easy they were to refurbish after all, especially being diamond cut and 21”. I think they are designed to be reprofiled quite easily and it’s a great relief to find your pride and joy returned back to showroom perfection. Definitely a case of not what you know but who you know!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Before the scratches I was thinking a lot putting wheels spacers. After I messed them up, I changed my mind. Now, I’m thinking about getting them again...

·
Registered
92 Posts
The owner of the refurb business I used didn’t recommend them. He said that road dirt and grit get underneath the spacer and abrade the wheel causing pitting. You then have to get the wheel refaced after removing them! I don’t know if this is sound advice but it sounds logical. He said I’d probably have another 2 passes left on the wheel with the minimal removal of metal that they do

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Road dirt and grit can get underneath the spacer? Wouldn’t that mean dirt and grit can get in between the inside of the wheel and the hub? What’s the difference?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Road dirt and grit can get underneath the spacer? Wouldn’t that mean dirt and grit can get in between the inside of the wheel and the hub? What’s the difference?
I would normally get washed out by the rain or cleaning I suppose, whereas with the spacer the dirt gets stuck underneath against the rim?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts