Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
In the last few days the satnav in my etron sportback has stopped working - it looks like faulty map data, as if a new map download has partially failed. Anyone else seen this issue? Is there a way to force a refresh / re-download of the map?

Thanks,
tyrion

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi all,
In the last few days the satnav in my etron sportback has stopped working - it looks like faulty map data, as if a new map download has partially failed. Anyone else seen this issue? Is there a way to force a refresh / re-download of the map?

Thanks,
tyrion
Have you tried resetting the MMI as this automatically reboots the sat nav? Then after this try downloading the Map again?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried resetting the MMI as this automatically reboots the sat nav? Then after this try downloading the Map again?
Yep, I did a factory reset of the MMI. It didn’t fix the issue. It did cause a reattempt to download the map. It got all the way through the download, tried to install and then announced the installation was cancelled.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
I see a trip to the dealership in your immediate future. I had one botched map update but it seems to have fixed itself on the 3rd or 4th attempt. I am not sure what caused it - I was driving along the motorway with very good cell coverage so it is not like the download was interrupted in some oddball manner.

·
Registered
360 Posts
With an older VW Tiguan I had, as well as the car being able to update itself, you were able to download onto a USB and then use that to update the in car navigation system if there was any problems? Is something similar available with the etron or does it just update itself only?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
I believe I saw the option to update from USB media somewhere among all menus ...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
My understanding is that Audi is developing a web site from which you can download the full map data to a USB drive, but this service is not yet available. You must rely on the updates or take it into the dealer for the full upload.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts