Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All - does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the automatic seat belt shoulder strap from tightening when you start up? It really drives me crazy. Thankfully you can manually loosen it by pulling out, but I don't understand why they insist on tightening it so dang much. Thanks in advance for any insight!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I'm sure you can't turn it off. In fact, the car tugs on the belt as part of certain safety alerts. However, the tension on my belt has never felt uncomfortable. Maybe that is something the dealer can adjust.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's there to help you. Mercedes has had this forever. It just tugs it into the proper position so you're safe.
My CLA nor GLB pulled nothing close as tight to what the e-tron does. I'm not the only one either, my GF commented on it instantly. There's gotta be something off about mine

·
Registered
2022 e-tron 55 SUV
90 Posts
I assume the purpose is to measure how big you are relative to the seat position so that in a crash the seatbelt doesn't over-tighten.

·
Registered
2019 e-Tron 55 Premium Plus with Full Driving Assistance
122 Posts
the tension on my belt has never felt uncomfortable
Same here, the tug fells comfortable. In fact, many people say that this is one of the coolest safety features in the car
to measure how big you are relative to the seat position so that in a crash the seatbelt doesn't over-tighten
I also heard that the purpose of the tug is to remove any slack in the belt after you clicked it

·
Registered
205 Posts
It's for your protection. Maybe yours is pulling too hard. I've had it for years on all of my Mercedes and now on a 2 e-trons and an e-tron GT. It's like having a warm hug!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still convinced there's something wrong with mine. I'm not a big guy, about 5'10 155 lbs, so it has to tug tighter than if I were big, but I feel like it shouldn't be to this level of annoyance. Certainly not going to make a separate trip to the dealership to address, but I'll flag next I'm in for a service

1 - 9 of 9 Posts