Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So I think I'm at just over a month now of ownership of my e-tron 55 2019 however just over 2 weeks of that has been with the dealership.
In total, 10 issues were raised most of them within the first 24 hours, a few within minutes of handover still in the handover bay.

I know the service dept very well (for my sins!) and do trust them so I will say at this point, I do not have an issue with them- most of the issues have been resolved aside from 3 which are some what related.

1. The all too common My Audi app not talking to the car
2. FOD - I purchased this specific spec on the basis I could upgrade to the Matrix lights (I've had matrix since my 2015 A7, then my 2018 SQ5 and now in theory the e-tron) and also the dancing light pack.
3. Washer liquid low notification in app.

These 3 have been going back and forth with Audi, Digital services and the dealership (plus internally).

Today I am getting the car back unfortunately with 2.5 of the above outstanding with FOD now some what fixed in that Matrix is showing (post TPI update) but only Matrix. I will know soon but it does seem Matrix while showing, is not purchasable due to a postcode acceptance issue.

The return is on the basis the above is outstanding pending response from Audi following sending them all required bits / information while its been in the dealership.

So - given #1 seems to be a global issue with Audi not admitting to, nor pulling their finger out - there is a chance that this may not be resolved for months...if at all.
Given #2 partially works but so far my communication directly with Digital services has gone no where...this may also not be resolved
And with #1 and #2, its possible the washer liquid being low notification is related - this does not appear on the dash and has had the recall regarding using too much liquid actioned...

Should I reject and move on - I have invested a fair bit in the car (charger installation at home, £500+ of accessories) and I know for a fact I cannot find this spec for the price in a 2020 or newer model with the current exact spec but with higher mileage existing for more £££ which potentially similar issues if this is impacting all 2019s.

And so moving on would mean spending same/more for less spec (not happening) or moving away altogether from Audi if I want to stick to EV...of course moving away from EV back to ICE if I want to stick to Audi.

Happy to hear your thoughts - I really do like the car but while an app not working is not a mechanical issue, it was sold to me / I purchased it on the basis it worked and I could use it + potentially depend on it during the winter for things like pre-conditioning. I've already had it fail on me when it did not update during a charge at a public station where he charger had crashed. Car had a green light, but app did not refresh so I thought it was charging. 30 mins later, 0% charge increase. If I had a refresh ability, I'd have known to walk back, reset / change chargers.

My worry is Audi are washing their hands with a 2 year old model so what next...do maps stop working? Does the ability to renew certain features after the 3 year point not exist?

or is it still worth waiting it out?

The frustrating thing is I found a TSB potentially answering one of my observations in that I have noticed the app talking to the car when charge starts and completes or locks/unlocks but thats it. The TSB talks about the module going to sleep which is exactly what I think it is doing - but as its a TSB and not a TPI, nothing can be done.
I've just spent an hour looking through all the TPIs in erwin- none of them match to this TSB and just one is related...that is, people are complaining about MyAudi not working.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nickolas Z.
Audi e-tron Advocate, Audi CXC
Audi of America, Inc.
Customer Experience
3800 Hamlin Road
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
United States of America
Tel. +1 800 822 2834
Prompt 9 – Extension 43449

He can contact your dealer and discuss the issue with them and hopefully provide a fix for your problems.
Trying another dealer is also an option that may provide better results.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm UK/England based so I'm not sure he could help - already I've been told today one of the TSBs I found on the US side (TSB 2059647/1) which does related to an observations I've made on mine cannot be fixed here as its not a TPI which is the UK/Euro based campaign system.

Another dealer is an option but my thoughts are we probably have between this forum, another Audi forum and a facebook group collectively around 100 people + with the same issue all who are told different reasons it is down from being hacked, to server updates or server down...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Just curious, have you checked under the hood to confirm that the washer fluid level is good? I had the TSB performed on my 2019 more than a year ago. I was told that the software had a bug that caused the fluid to dispense at 10x the desirable rate. So, that TSB was for an actual draining of the fluid, not a fluke in the app. If the alert does not show up in the cockpit display, is that a real problem?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a valid point
I did just check and I can see fluid up to the neck of the filler. It was also serviced just before handover so I would have assumed this was part of the check/fill.
Interestingly there is a film on the liquid - maybe due to the heat but I may syringe some out to see what colour it is.

No its not a big issue if it doesnt appear in the display but does on the app - it does however raise questions on what else is not working regarding communication.

I picked the car up yesterday and only a min down the road brings up a tyre pressure warning - I've reset for now so lets see as physically I can't see anything wrong however a couple of days before, the same happeend on their loaner...and then had a blowout so far now, I am deeming this vehicle not safe for my 8 month old.

My Audi is still as good as dead.

FOD:
I purchased the Matrix package for £1 to test, it happily took the payment and has been "installing" ever since. Once again I've factory reset, reset key, readdded key etc etc...nothing. So this is now another case open with Digitial services.

And finally, to add icing on the cake, it seems someone may have swapped my Type 2 30a cable that they themselves ordered brand new and placed in the car only a couple of weeks ago with a 20a cable.
Part number of what I seem to have now is : 4N0.971.675.D
Does this match anyones here? The reason I was pretty sure I had a 30a is firstly the salesman stated they could only order 30a cables but also the leaflet manual in the front states this too. Maybe this e-trons sending driving me into a straight jacket who knows.

I need to go for a drive later to test this tyre out so I'll pop in and find out whats what.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any update?

I have the same issue with myAudi and 2019 etron. I have had it just over a week so I am tempted to return it for a full refund. My 2019 A5 which I part exchanged worked flawlessly. I don’t expect a car costing twice as much and being basically a computer to have issues with App communications. My mates 2019 Range Rover works flawlessly (and they get a bad rep for reliability) and instantly so this looks bad for Audi. I have contacted myAudi multiple times and their excuse is server issues (myAudi shows all servers and features up and running) and call back in x days. I work in software so I am intrigued why it’s only affecting a certain car and why it’s still ongoing for weeks by the looks of forums if it’s just a server problem. I’d get the sack for such service!
So tempted to get a Tesla, as at least they seem to work just with panel issues which I prefer. Not being able to see charge state, set conditioning on, lock vehicle (if I forgot) is a joke in a car of this price! And these are paid for features, so are Audi going to other extra free months?

ps I reset myAudi password via a browser and logged out on the car (to test another forum solution). The car won’t accept the new password but the iPhone app and browser will. So something is seriously wrong.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Any update?

I have the same issue with myAudi and 2019 etron. I have had it just over a week so I am tempted to return it for a full refund. My 2019 A5 which I part exchanged worked flawlessly. I don’t expect a car costing twice as much and being basically a computer to have issues with App communications. My mates 2019 Range Rover works flawlessly (and they get a bad rep for reliability) and instantly so this looks bad for Audi. I have contacted myAudi multiple times and their excuse is server issues (myAudi shows all servers and features up and running) and call back in x days. I work in software so I am intrigued why it’s only affecting a certain car and why it’s still ongoing for weeks by the looks of forums if it’s just a server problem. I’d get the sack for such service!
So tempted to get a Tesla, as at least they seem to work just with panel issues which I prefer. Not being able to see charge state, set conditioning on, lock vehicle (if I forgot) is a joke in a car of this price! And these are paid for features, so are Audi going to other extra free months?

ps I reset myAudi password via a browser and logged out on the car (to test another forum solution). The car won’t accept the new password but the iPhone app and browser will. So something is seriously wrong.
I tend to attribute the problem to Audi now having to deal with an overly complicated communication/interfacing environment. The 2019MY was the only MY that is built on the hybrid MLB evo platform and uses the MMI 2.0 interface. Starting with the 2021 models, the MMI was switched to MMI 3.0 (still on the Evo platform, though). I actually noticed the problem seemed to start after Audi "upgraded" the app to include the Q4 etron, which uses the MMI 3.0 and currently is unique in that it is built on the EV MIB platform. Sounds a little complicated!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I tend to attribute the problem to Audi now having to deal with an overly complicated communication/interfacing environment. The 2019MY was the only MY that is built on the hybrid MLB evo platform and uses the MMI 2.0 interface. Starting with the 2021 models, the MMI was switched to MMI 3.0 (still on the Evo platform, though). I actually noticed the problem seemed to start after Audi "upgraded" the app to include the Q4 etron, which uses the MMI 3.0 and currently is unique in that it is built on the EV MIB platform. Sounds a little complicated!
Nothing a simple if-statement could not handle though. Since this is going on 7 weeks, they could have just hired somebody to write it from scratch again by now. This is not really that hard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 US Edition One e-tron. The app issue is a recent thing, and it appears to be affecting a lot of people.
The WW fluid is an issue I've been dealing with on and off. I've had my dealer look at it, and their response hasn't been totally convincing. While it could be a sensor issue, I'm skeptical. I had one tech tell me that these things spend a lot of fluid cleaning the headlights. Granted, I've NEVER seen the headlights during a cleaning cycle, nor have I found any big puddles under the car anwhere I've parked. Once the sensor light came on like two days after I filled it with a gallon of fluid, and this last time, it came on after behaving for months. I'll fill it when I get home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts