Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Siemens charger after doing some research and the fact that it looked more substantial than the Juice box and some of the others. The problem is that when it is done charging it won't release the nozzle. Or maybe the car won't release it. Point is, I have to put the charger in Pause mode and then do the emergency release method (pull while pressing the charger door open button). Has anyone had a problem of not getting the nozzle released on a regular basis? Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Standard release procedure for the E-Tron is you have to have the vehicle unlocked and then press the charge door open button. The release mechanism should stay released for 30 seconds. There is also an option in the MMI to have the release activate when charge is complete. Just be warned at that point anybody can remove the plug.
Have had zero issues with my charge point level 2 charger at home and at work. I have not tried a CCS charge station yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have you tried reaching out to Siemens? This may be an issue with their charger not communicating properly with the release command from the e-Tron. Let us know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts