Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only had my e-tron 55 a few weeks - If I insert a spare three Data only SIM card into the centre unit and leave it in situ, what would this provide and assist with ? (will this stop my iPhone automatically connecting when I enter the car?)
Any advice please on the free Pod-Point I am hopefully about to get installed at home for my E-tron Sportback 55?
Thank you

·
Registered
56 Posts
Only had my e-tron 55 a few weeks - If I insert a spare three Data only SIM card into the centre unit and leave it in situ, what would this provide and assist with ? (will this stop my iPhone automatically connecting when I enter the car?)
Any advice please on the free Pod-Point I am hopefully about to get installed at home for my E-tron Sportback 55?
Thank you
Hi @JBS , the Podpoint install should be really straight forward, and once its all setup and connected to your wifi you will be able to track costs and usage through the Podpoint app. Mine is great and really helps keep the cost of charging down 👍

·
Registered
2019 Audi e-tron Launch Edition 55
160 Posts
The SIM card slot will allow you to use the data bundle from that card instead of the one which comes with the car (e-SIM). However it’s not clear to me if this allows you to operate the in-car WiFi and bypass the hotspot subscription option (which the car provides) when using your own. All of the Audi Connect and MMI data is free of charge for 3 years with the in built SIM so I didn’t bother switching over but I’ve only got nano SIMs so can’t test it further. The manual has some detail but it’s not overly descriptive about the benefits, maybe it just gives the car a permanent telephone number that can receive calls (over and above the data element).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts