Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to 'vent' / provide some thing(s) that you might want to be aware of if collecting a new car.

a) Incorrect Charging Cables

When I collected the car, the dealership advised it had been supplied missing the Compact Charging System. At the time I wasn't bothered as I had a Wall Charger at home and for longer drivers, Public Infrastructure exists. However, I knew that if I didn't get it, on return of the lease I would get stung. So I've been chasing it for a 6 weeks or so.

I've now been sent the wrong cables twice and trying to explain to people what I was missing and what they keep sending me is really frustrating. The Audi website is clear on what should come with the car and I can show that e.g. the interchangeable Industrial head they did supply has no where to plug into without the Compact Charging System.

So presently, this is what I have been sent twice now... A Type 2 to fixed 3 pin, that seems generically VW branded and for example can't swap heads, nor set e.g. charging 50/100% as per instruction manual.

When I collected, the front trunk had slightly wet cables. I wonder if someone borrowed the charging system for another car (or another customer missing it) and now is struggling to get a replacement for me :(

b) The misalignment of the Driver's side skirt.

This problem I missed on collection as it's hard to see except if on the ground, or if you've seen it (and then it becomes obvious). Unlike the smooth passenger side, the driver's sideskirt protrudes.

This problem has been reported on the AudiWorld forum (Fit and Finish Issue - AudiWorld Forums ) and here is what my car looks like below. Sadly, I can't get a dealer to look at this presently, so have had to involve Audi centrally (I hope they can assist). One I am being told that because it wasn't identified at collection it might not be a warranty issue and more importantly (as I think any inspection will confirm it's not user damage), I can't get local dealers to look at it. One dealer won't touch it because they don't look at E Trons, one dealer won't touch it (or even visually inspect it) as they say the supplying dealer should fix new car warranty issues and the supplying dealer is 90 minutes away (I had no choice of which was the supplying dealer) also doesn't seem that keen to look at it.

Based on the Audiworld post where fixes look cheap and easy, I am upset / surprised that in the UK I can't get someone to look at it. I thought the whole point of a new car warranties were that they are dealer agnostic.

3) Loose bolt/something under floor.

Man, this is so annoying now. In the last 7 days something has come loose inside the car under the passenger seat and now rolls around when I corner or accelerate or brake. It's loud enough to be heard over low music and without music is really not great. I've lifted the mats, moved the seats, checked all door pockets and so on, but it's definitely from actually under the floor carpet.

The only thing I can see are two small vents at foot level that feed the passenger compartment. Is it possible something, got into there? I'd have hoped there was a filter/block to stop e.g. leaves, crumbs, etc... and this sounds larger, heavier and very much like a bolt.

Because I can't get anyone (yet) to look at the car, I'm stuck with this issue until Audi get a dealer to collect it for the sideskirt issue...

Sigh. Why is such an expensive car so hard to get serviced properly.

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
279 Posts
The Audi charge connector is black. In the US it comes with 2 attachments. It's actually very high quality and quite nice looking (unlike the one in your pic). You paid for the e-tron charger connector and that is what they should give you.

Anyone know if the frunk is not waterproof?

Sorry to hear about the misalignment. I am still dealing with issues from delivery as well. The dealer we bought from had no excuse, promised a fix, then ignored us completely. Forgot to bring my mechanic with me that day to the showroom.

Why is such an expensive car so hard to get serviced properly.
Great question... We shouldn't have to elevate basic issues on new vehicles to the corporate level.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the box I am missing. . It is meant to come with the car in the UK as well as for example I was supplied with a (currently) completely useless attachment cable for the Industrial sockets (blue one) that without the black Audi Compact Charging box, can't plug anywhere.

Sigh.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some updates:

i) Still don't have an industrial cable. I am advised that the Audi Compact Charging System is no longer made, so that my useless heads above have no where to plug into.

ii) Collection date is now in March! Apparently, five months is the earliest that the car can get seen by someone. Brand new... 5 months... even with a pandemic, seriously?

iii) Side-skirt, rolling bolt, therefore remain.

iv) Mirrors have stopped working properly. There is no way to engage manual demist, but they mist up like crazy and often for extended periods before sometimes defogging and then starting the cycle again. Will start a new thread on it :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Getting that Friday feeling on this car...

Today, Camera Sign failed, Adaptive Cruise unavailable. Neither were available after a power down, recycle. Will see overnight. No dirt on windscreen or front sensors. Going to give them a call again to complain about the 9th March earliest workshop date. With the mirrors misting, the car is not fully safe. These errors just pop in at randomm

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Getting that Friday feeling on this car...

Today, Camera Sign failed, Adaptive Cruise unavailable. Neither were available after a power down, recycle. Will see overnight. No dirt on windscreen or front sensors. Going to give them a call again to complain about the 9th March earliest workshop date. With the mirrors misting, the car is not fully safe. These errors just pop in at randomm View attachment 1132
Did you try a full MMI reboot using the volume control knob (I think)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts