Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to get some current owners' perspectives on how the e-tron drives in snow/winter conditions (less worried about range and more about safety/traction/etc). Is the stock tires adequate or did you need to invest in winter tires? Thank you in advance for your thoughts!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been smashing this car through the snow the past month!

Traction is insane: this car is an absolutely beast in the snow!
Granted, I have snow tires and with the amount of winter driving I do, I wouldn't drive without them, but the AWD is the best by far off any AWD car I've owned (this is my 4th and two of the previous ones we're Audis).
Weight seems to not be a big deal so far in ice as well, which was my major concern.

Another friend with an E-tron was pretty impressed with the stock all seasons performance in the snow, but personally, I think if you're going to drive in the snow more than one or two days a year, snow tires are totally worth it. This isn't exactly a cheap car and it would suck to crash it...

Check some of the other E-tron forums: there's quite a bit of discussion on how impressively good this car is in the snow.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would love to get some current owners' perspectives on how the e-tron drives in snow/winter conditions (less worried about range and more about safety/traction/etc). Is the stock tires adequate or did you need to invest in winter tires? Thank you in advance for your thoughts!
My E-Tron has been perfect in all areas but the tires. The tires suck in winter so I switched to Blizzacks and the E-Tron is termenious in the snow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the 21" wheels. Playing around in a large hard-packed snowy road and parking lot the e-tron seems pretty stable with good traction going forward, but terrible at stopping. Being retired, there is no need for me to be out driving in the snow. If I did have to drive in bad weather I would definitely get a set of winter tires. This is only the 2nd year that I didn't have winter tires. I've always had a set of snow/winter tires on all my cars and tended to use the car in bad weather instead of any SUV or truck I had with all-seasons on them. I bought high performance winter tires for my past S6 in 2014 and they were great in both dry and snowy conditions. Like ted2007a said, the e-tron should be temerarious in the snow with good winter tires on it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I always recommend getting winter tires, they make such a huge difference on the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Audi E-Tron has been flawless Except for the tires. They sucked in snow, so I bought Blizzaxks that turn my Audi Etron in t0 a tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts