Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my first RS GT in August of 2021. Loved the car, coming from a Plaid. Not as fast.. but literally everything else was better. Over time I had a handful of issues that drove me nuts. Speakers on the passenger side constantly buzzing, headlight error codes, charge door error codes, car randomly slipping into N, air suspension errors, etc. After a while I just lost my patience and traded it in for a new Etron S.

Long story short, 3 months into the Etron S, I'm trading back for a new RS GT. Hoping that I can avoid some of these issues this time around. I had CETE module on the last car, which may have contributed to the suspension issues - so I'll either stick with links or OBDEleven for the lowering. I really missed the car.. fingers crossed 🤞

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome back :)
Can you detail a bit the suspension errors? I've had the CETE module installed for a couple of months and while install was less than smooth (I had someone else do it and it was spitting all kinds of errors out) it's been perfect ever since.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome back :)
Can you detail a bit the suspension errors? I've had the CETE module installed for a couple of months and while install was less than smooth (I had someone else do it and it was spitting all kinds of errors out) it's been perfect ever since.
It happened 6 or so times over the course of 3 months. As I'm driving, I first get an Air Suspension malfunction warning (yellow). About 15 seconds later it would be followed by an Air Suspension failure warning do not exceed 30mph (red). As you continue driving, the suspension felt rock hard and extremely unstable. I had to pull over, turn the car off, let it sit for a couple mins, then when I turned it back on it was fine. I called MTM USA who installed the CETE and they had little feedback as they'd never seen it before. I spoke to Audi service and they didn't want to touch the car because of the module. This time going to try OBDEleven first and keep things simple.

For what it's worth I've also had the CETE module on my RS6 Avant for over a year and never had a single issue.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It happened 6 or so times over the course of 3 months. As I'm driving, I first get an Air Suspension malfunction warning (yellow). About 15 seconds later it would be followed by an Air Suspension failure warning do not exceed 30mph (red). As you continue driving, the suspension felt rock hard and extremely unstable. I had to pull over, turn the car off, let it sit for a couple mins, then when I turned it back on it was fine. I called MTM USA who installed the CETE and they had little feedback as they'd never seen it before. I spoke to Audi service and they didn't want to touch the car because of the module. This time going to try OBDEleven first and keep things simple.

For what it's worth I've also had the CETE module on my RS6 Avant for over a year and never had a single issue.
Thanks much for those details. Can understand not starting with CETE for your next one here, while it does generally sound like it probably wasn't its fault. During my install, it was getting all kinds of crazy errors on the fronts and raising way up. They troubleshot for a couple of hours and couldn't get it, so we left it unplugged in front over the weekend and I was able to actually take a road trip with it like that with no problems. When I got back, I plugged in the fronts myself....and everything has worked flawlessly since (knock on wood!). It's a handy module to have.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You're back. I think it was on fb or something that I saw that your selling your RS and getting an Etron S. I had thought about the Etron S awhile back but there was no availability. Is it true that they top out at something like 130?

I ended up getting a RS GT about 4 months ago. Loved it so much, I replaced it with a Year One RS about a month ago. The issues mentioned above, I have had none of those or any issues actually in either of the cars. You said you got yours August 21, maybe the issues were do being an early model. I got my first RS early summer this year, that had a vin ending in 7903292. The Year One is essentially 800 units after (newer) that number. Again no issues at all with either of these RS GTs. Good luck on the search and congratulations!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're back. I think it was on fb or something that I saw that your selling your RS and getting an Etron S. I had thought about the Etron S awhile back but there was no availability. Is it true that they top out at something like 130?

I ended up getting a RS GT about 4 months ago. Loved it so much, I replaced it with a Year One RS about a month ago. The issues mentioned above, I have had none of those or any issues actually in either of the cars. You said you got yours August 21, maybe the issues were do being an early model. I got my first RS early summer this year, that had a vin ending in 7903292. The Year One is essentially 800 units after (newer) that number. Again no issues at all with either of these RS GTs. Good luck on the search and congratulations!
Thanks very much and congrats on your GT's. The Etron S is cool for what it is, but coming from the Plaid then RS GT, the Etron S just felt under powered. Hoping to have better luck with this one!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks very much and congrats on your GT's. The Etron S is cool for what it is, but coming from the Plaid then RS GT, the Etron S just felt under powered. Hoping to have better luck with this one!
Totally agree, I went from 2022 long range model S to e-tron S and the e-tron S feels underpowered compared to long range, I can’t even imagine plaid or the RS GT. E-tron S is a cool SUV, and I love the exclusivity compared to Tesla’s and Taycan’s which are a dime a dozen in Boca Raton, but it just needs more power to move the 6,000 lbs around.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Totally agree, I went from 2022 long range model S to e-tron S and the e-tron S feels underpowered compared to long range, I can’t even imagine plaid or the RS GT. E-tron S is a cool SUV, and I love the exclusivity compared to Tesla’s and Taycan’s which are a dime a dozen in Boca Raton, but it just needs more power to move the 6,000 lbs around.
I thought the high torque number would really make the difference, but no. It's quite slow. Back in the RS GT and it feels like it's on another level completely. So much fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts