Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

Looking forward to taking delivery of a Daytona Sportback 55 Launch Edition in the next four or so weeks. With the car now at the paint shop stage of the factory, there remains a few more factory stages and then the sometimes long wait for shipping to the UK and then onwards to the dealer. Should be October (late).

Ordered this car without a test drive and have prepared myself for some of the downsides of early Audi EV adoption (e.g. not letting every new car and 'better range' announcement get to me).

Having poked around the competition:

• the Mercedes dealer couldn't have cared less about the EQC...
  • The Jaguar was lovely, but since I already drive a JLR car, all the switchgear and other elements just felt a bit repetitive. Didn't really fancy being reminded of my ICE Land Rover when sitting in the EV.
  • Tesla 3 and X were pretty but poorly put together with rattles coming as standard and the paint was not great (on a new car!). Tesla are getting getting better all the time and the range is great, but since the Model Y wasn't out yet, didn't really feel the others met my needs (and the X is very expensive even vs. the Audi).
Will post pictures when it comes and if anyone is interested will be very happy to take questions on it... Ordered with the roof bars, factory hitch, storage pack and acoustic glass. Slightly annoyed that couldn't get black wheels with it... hopeful the sunroof doesn't leak and the Audi APP actually works... fingers crossed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Awaiting your pics in late October :)
I wouldn't worry too much about the sunroof leaking or any of the other early-Etron issues. The sportback is very much based off of the original and all of those problems have been documented and remedied by Audi going forward. That being said, the sportback issues will be all new gremlins for you to discover!!
Use the heck out of those roof bars and hitch - I'm loving putting my Etron through full SUV duties :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome. I've had by Sportback 55 for almost 3 months now, 2800 miles. Daytona Grey is a fantastic choice of colour, I have it too. I have an S-line so have avoided the virtual mirrors, the biggest problem with this car in my opinion, having rejected a dodgy launch edition in Feb. I have had no issues with leaks, charging ports, cables or infotainment/electronic safety features whatsoever. Range is good, I get 250 miles extrapolated range per charge. Interested to know how the acoustic glass fares - this is already a very quiet car indeed. The only problem I have is with tiny rattles which would otherwise be drowned out by engine noise in an ICE car. I wonder if acoustic glass would bring these out further.

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Good morning,

Looking forward to taking delivery of a Daytona Sportback 55 Launch Edition in the next four or so weeks. With the car now at the paint shop stage of the factory, there remains a few more factory stages and then the sometimes long wait for shipping to the UK and then onwards to the dealer. Should be October (late).

Ordered this car without a test drive and have prepared myself for some of the downsides of early Audi EV adoption (e.g. not letting every new car and 'better range' announcement get to me).
All of us early adopters worked out most of the bugs for you. You're welcome. ;)
Also look forward to the pics, congrats, and welcome to the forum!

The only problem I have is with tiny rattles which would otherwise be drowned out by engine noise in an ICE car. I wonder if acoustic glass would bring these out further.
I'm quite sensitive to noises, even with an engine running. So far I've only had one rattle due to a loose trim piece inside the center console around the rear air vents. Easily fixed after a short wait for a part to arrive from Germany. I'd suggest trying to track them down as best as you can and let the dealer fix, or even help track them down. These vehicles are otherwise very quiet!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. I've had by Sportback 55 for almost 3 months now, 2800 miles. Daytona Grey is a fantastic choice of colour, I have it too. I have an S-line so have avoided the virtual mirrors, the biggest problem with this car in my opinion, having rejected a dodgy launch edition in Feb. I have had no issues with leaks, charging ports, cables or infotainment/electronic safety features whatsoever. Range is good, I get 250 miles extrapolated range per charge. Interested to know how the acoustic glass fares - this is already a very quiet car indeed. The only problem I have is with tiny rattles which would otherwise be drowned out by engine noise in an ICE car. I wonder if acoustic glass would bring these out further.
That sounds great. If you don't have it on your forum posts, may I ask what went wrong with your digital mirrors. I like the look, but not fussed on the tech. On the basis Audi didn't give me money back for not having them, I left them on as I wanted the other Launch Edition elements...

Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
90 Posts
the Mercedes dealer couldn't have cared less about the EQC...
I had a similar experience at the Stockport Mercedes dealership. They knew nothing about it and weren't interested in telling me anything. I'm surprised they sell anything with staff like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts